Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Nigel for most things football related, transfers, man management, sports science, trusting his staff.

Ranieri for his media handling. 

Ranieri for tactics which was also a problem for Nigel although I am perturbed by Claudio's first half performance at Southampton which was plainly bizarre for a man of his experience and ability. 

29 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Where on earth did you get that stat from? Not even close to the way I remember it. We had just come through the great escape and everyone was looking forward to the next season building on the incredible form of the last 9 games or more. The unfortunate Thailand incident and subsequent sacking came as a great shock, and most here were upset and feared for the future without him.

lol sorry I ment to put before the great escape started ie about this time two years ago.

32 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Not sure this is the right place but I thought it might be interesting to dig through some old threads. A lot of posts lately that are similar to when we were struggling back in the day. This place is great. 

In fairness that's not an accurate representation of everyone's take on the situation because my post defending Pearson was deleted and I was banned for it. The posts saying I was stupid and know nothing about football weren't though.

I enjoyed the next two months an awful lot if anyone was wondering.

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

In fairness that's not an accurate representation of everyone's take on the situation because my post defending Pearson was deleted and I was banned for it. The posts saying I was stupid and know nothing about football weren't though.

I enjoyed the next two months an awful lot if anyone was wondering.

I wondered why everyone was referencing you when I couldn't see any posts from you lol 

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ah fair enough, yes very similar to now with Ranieri.

Always wonder how you go from sack the cvnt to he's better than CR because of ten games. Then again beat millwall Seville and spank the scouse sh1t CR will be a hero for a couple of weeks lollol

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Always wonder how you go from sack the cvnt to he's better than CR because of ten games. Then again beat millwall Seville and spank the scouse sh1t CR will be a hero for a couple of weeks lollol

yes but that won't happen.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Ain't going to happen but ...    would there be a role for NP at the KP ? ...    seriously he brings an awful lot to the party, couldn't we use that somehow ?   New role ? .....

Pearson actually has the attributes to make a great DoF/Head of footballing operations, if you took his ego away from him.

Let him build the backroom infrastructure, ensure we sign players with the right attitude, create a strong identity for the team and perhaps even deal with disciplinary matters. Then let a head coach deal with training, team selection, tactics and the media.

As you say though, won't ever happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pearson was waiting until Forest's season is over and deciding whether to express interest in them.

His hometown city, plus they're a club in quite desperate need of rebuilding (an element that Pearson, as in the past, would thrive on - given time of course).

But if Fawaz is still there, he wouldn't consider it as Fawaz seems like a chairman that Pearson won't get along with (considering the rumours Fawaz has a say on recruitment and team selection matters).

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Ain't going to happen but ...    would there be a role for NP at the KP ? ...    seriously he brings an awful lot to the party, couldn't we use that somehow ?   New role ? .....

It'd never work because they'd almost certainly clash big time, but binning off Rudders, putting Ranieri in as DoF and letting NP take back the reigns could have potential to solve all our issues at once...

Although saying that, Pearson/Rudkin hated each other if I remember correctly, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as first thought...

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd be interested to see the approval rating for NP when we were shit compared to what it's been for CR recently. 

What pissed me off the most was I'd defended NP so much until the Hull game and he lost me... sods bloody law that's where the fightback started.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Pearson was waiting until Forest's season is over and deciding whether to express interest in them.

His hometown city, plus they're a club in quite desperate need of rebuilding (an element that Pearson, as in the past, would thrive on - given time of course).

But if Fawaz is still there, he wouldn't consider it as Fawaz seems like a chairman that Pearson won't get along with (considering the rumours Fawaz has a say on recruitment and team selection matters).

Depends on his situation with Derby, could be one of them where he's on gardening leave for a while.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What pissed me off the most was I'd defended NP so much until the Hull game and he lost me... sods bloody law that's where the fightback started.

Whatever you're doing now, stop it and stop defending Ranieri, history may repeat itself.....

Thing I'd even if we did get NP back I think it'd be a big rebuilding job (again). It certainly wouldn't be fixed quickly.

We need a new decent head scout, Psychologists, Sports Science, potentially need to replace a lot of players and god knows what else.

A lot of damage has been done in a very short amount of time.

4 or 5 years of hard work wasted, down the drain.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Not sure this is the right place but I thought it might be interesting to dig through some old threads. A lot of posts lately that are similar to when we were struggling back in the day. This place is great. 

Oh my what a special thread that is lol 

Col DT and many many more are all well on form up in there, 

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Winning the Prem has got a lot to answer for I'm afraid.     But on balance ....   

I agree.

However what I didn't make clear in my post was a lot of the damage I talk about was done post winning in the Premier League, hence the short time I talk about.

It seems when we were at our peak in history, when we had most to offer to staff, players and people, we've actually weakened, gone backwards, what a wasted opportunity.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thing I'd even if we did get NP back I think it'd be a big rebuilding job (again). It certainly wouldn't be fixed quickly.

We need a new decent head scout, Psychologists, Sports Science, potentially need to replace a lot of players and god knows what else.

A lot of damage has been done in a very short amount of time.

4 or 5 years of hard work wasted, down the drain.

Am I living in a parallel universe ?

we won't the leage ffs

we are about to play in the last 16 of the CL

Plenty to moan about at the moment but 'down the drain'???

EDIT: just saw your next post Matt. I would say that much that has happened this season is because we were successful and in hindsight could have been prepared for.  maybe we should hold the post mortem after the patient has actually died.???

Archived