Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh my what a special thread that is lol 

Col DT and many many more are all well on form up in there, 

Too right, I was one of the many wanting Pearson sacked at the time. In context, nobody expected the great escape. That is very different to respecting the man for what he did for the club though. As I said earlier, he turned Sven's debacle around. 

You know, by not saying anything much, you don't run the risk of getting stuff wrong. You and others on here are experts at it and this might be why you dont get bans? You dont really say much at all? Just a thought.

Personally, I'd rather make statements. If they are wrong, they are wrong.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Too right, I was one of the many wanting Pearson sacked at the time. In context, nobody expected the great escape. That is very different to respecting the man for what he did for the club though. As I said earlier, he turned Sven's debacle around. 

You know, by not saying anything much, you don't run the risk of getting stuff wrong. You and others on here are experts at it. Personally, I'd rather make statements. If they are wrong, they are wrong.

There is wrong and then there is acting like that just to have it spun round on you in rather dramatic fashion  lol 

Yes, because I am definitley one to not post my opinion or get into a discussion lol I was in Eindhoven that week though! I did think we needed to beat Hull and when we didn't I thought that was that, in fact when we beat West Ham I thought too little too late. If I recall my stance at the time was to keep him as I thought we were down and he'd do the job in the Championship. 

If by "not saying much" you mean not going ridiculously over the top then yeah you have a point.

1 hour ago, shade said:

yes but that won't happen.

lollollol you mean like finishing 14th after being bottom for 2/3 of the season? Or won't happen as in a 5000/1 shot won't win the prem.

Or is it won't happen because you say so.

Never say never LCFC Defy logic. Proven.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There is wrong and then there is acting like that just to have it spun round on you in rather dramatic fashion  lol 

Yes, because I am definitley one to not post my opinion or get into a discussion lol I was in Eindhoven that week though! I did think we needed to beat Hull and when we didn't I thought that was that, in fact when we beat West Ham I thought too little too late. If I recall my stance at the time was to keep him as I thought we were down and he'd do the job in the Championship. 

I can't even recollect you've posted your view on Ranieri stay or go? Maybe I've just missed it? I've said go. Black and white. I'll have to live with that if we stay up. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

I can't even recollect you've posted your view on Ranieri stay or go? Maybe I've just missed it? I've said go. Black and white. I'll have to live with that if we stay up. 

Winning the FA cup and CL along the way. Not sure what will give the greatest joy. Staying up and wining two cups or getting to rip you forever and a day Hmmmmm.

Yep got it ripping you forever lollollol

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well that's because my opinion is a little more complex than just a simple Black and White should he stay or should he go, on this matter I will admit I am somewhat undecided.

But to boil it down into a simple form for you my ideal situation would be parting company and taking what would be a big risk on Rowett, at this moment in time. Although I do think he is capable of turning it around I am currently of the opinion he wont.

I certainly don't think anyone thinking he should go will be "wrong" even if we do stay up it's been a pretty miserable season all in all. 

As I say it's not nesc about being "wrong" that makes you look like a tit (talking generally not specifically to you) it's the way act with it that carry's the penalty of getting ridiculed when you turn out to be have got it horribly wrong. And lets be honest, you couldn't be much more up in Mark's face in that thread could you really? lol 

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well that's because my opinion is a little more complex than just a simple Black and White should he stay or should he go, on this matter I will admit I am somewhat undecided.

But to boil it down into a simple form for you my ideal situation would be parting company and taking what would be a big risk on Rowett, at this moment in time. Although I do think he is capable of turning it around I am currently of the opinion he wont.

I certainly don't think anyone thinking he should go will be "wrong" even if we do stay up it's been a pretty miserable season all in all. 

As I say it's not nesc about being "wrong" that makes you look like a tit (talking generally not specifically to you) it's the way act with it that carry's the penalty of getting ridiculed when you turn out to be have got it horribly wrong. And lets be honest, you couldn't be much more up in Mark's face in that thread could you really? lol 

Well at least we've had a concrete (ish) opinion from you on a football related matter..... :P I tend to get the impression that yourself and Mark are 'pals'. Always have done?

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well at least we've had a concrete (ish) opinion from you on a football related matter..... :P I tend to get the impression that yourself and Mark are 'pals'. Always have done?

As I say I give plenty mate lol

No, not at all lol (EDIT: That's not meant to sound harsh he seems like a nice enough poster but no I don't know him in real life world and no we don't agree on everything) in fact another "concrete opinion" of mine was a long running battle with him on the merits (or total lack of ability for my perspective) of Martyn Waghorn. I acted like a bit of a tw@t with that one actually.

Fortunately though I turned out to be right. 

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

As I say I give plenty mate lol

No, not at all lol (EDIT: That's not meant to sound harsh he seems like a nice enough poster but no I don't know him in real life world and no we don't agree on everything) in fact another "concrete opinion" of mine was a long running battle with him on the merits (or total lack of ability for my perspective) of Martyn Waghorn. I acted like a bit of a tw@t with that one actually.

No, I meant Mark as in the main guy..the forum administrator chap? Not Mark w.

Yawn. Pearson? Why are people still talking about him? Let it go. He's had his time, he had a chance to prove he could handle the job of a Premier League manager and proved without doubt that he can't handle it. He couldn't handle the pressure the season before he got sacked and wouldn't be able to now. Despite how strong his exterior looks, inside it's anything but. There's no way the Thai ownership would ever consider hiring him again either, too much damage off the field to add to that.

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Give it time, he'll come good. :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lollollol you mean like finishing 14th after being bottom for 2/3 of the season? Or won't happen as in a 5000/1 shot won't win the prem.

no, because we're a broken team with a broken manager, mentally, spiritually, psychologically crushed!

49 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Nope, under Pearson the team were fighting for the shirt and often playing well whilst being naive in defence and losing games we should have won, it was a learning curve of a season for almost an entire team that hadn't played PL football.

This year, we're just shit, players are unmotivated, not to mention we can't string more than 4 passes together. No way are we going to suddenly pick our form up when the players are just going through the motions

1 hour ago, smr said:

Yawn. Pearson? Why are people still talking about him? Let it go. He's had his time, he had a chance to prove he could handle the job of a Premier League manager and proved without doubt that he can't handle it. He couldn't handle the pressure the season before he got sacked and wouldn't be able to now. Despite how strong his exterior looks, inside it's anything but. There's no way the Thai ownership would ever consider hiring him again either, too much damage off the field to add to that.

Utter tripe, he fought off a pack of wolfs.

Just now, Babylon said:

What the hell is it we're meant to be discussing in this thread anyway? And don't just say Pearson.

Forgetting about the way he left us, do you think he would've help us in our current dire situation?

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Forgetting about the way he left us, do you think he would've help us in our current dire situation?

Not sure it would make much difference now to be honest.

If there are rifts there he doesn't have a magic wand to sort that out. The spirit he creates is through careful squad creation, careful handling of contracts and players etc. You can't walk in and suddenly sort that out in a 5 minutes, it took time for him to get rid of the likes of Danns and Beckford. We know he's not great tactically either, so I doubt he'd change things in that sense .

The one shot I think you'd have is that he could walk in with nothing to lose, throw caution to the wind like last time and inspire his old players. But even then, with no Walsh I wouldn't see him as a long term appointment.

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure it would make much difference now to be honest.

If there are rifts there he doesn't have a magic wand to sort that out. The spirit he creates is through careful squad creation, careful handling of contracts and players etc. You can't walk in and suddenly sort that out in a 5 minutes, it took time for him to get rid of the likes of Danns and Beckford. We know he's not great tactically either, so I doubt he'd change things in that sense .

The one shot I think you'd have is that he could walk in with nothing to lose, throw caution to the wind like last time and inspire his old players. But even then, with no Walsh I wouldn't see him as a long term appointment.

Agree with both points.

Would have be intriguing to know how he would react to/manage Vardy in particular, with regards to poor form and his general 'self, self, self' attitude and via wife as well as money gone to his head mentality that have possibly affected his performances.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Agree with both points.

Would have be intriguing to know how he would react to/manage Vardy in particular, with regards to poor form and his general 'self, self, self' attitude and via wife as well as money gone to his head mentality that have possibly affected his performances.

He's never been shy of sacking players off with the wrong attitude. In fact, he tends to walk into clubs and put his stamp on it by isolating one or two players from the group and making an example.  Martin at Derby, Bullard at Hull and one or two here who were on their way to train with the kids fairly quickly.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's never been shy of sacking players off with the wrong attitude. In fact, he tends to walk into clubs and put his stamp on it by isolating one or two players from the group and making an example.  Martin at Derby, Bullard at Hull and one or two here who were on their way to train with the kids fairly quickly.

Second only to the Knightsbridge Safe Deposit Centre robbery

Archived