Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I've said it before, HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN THAT PEARSON GOT US INTO AN AWFUL POSITION IN ORDER TO STRIVE OF THAT GREAT ESCAPE??! HE ISN'T THE ANSWER!

No but I've nearly forgotten actually playing half decent and putting a decent shift in!! 

The performances haven't been this bad since Sven, and even then we played better. 

People slag off Pearson but he wouldn't stand for these performances!

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

No but I've nearly forgotten actually playing half decent and putting a decent shift in!! 

The performances haven't been this bad since Sven, and even then we played better. 

People slag off Pearson but he wouldn't stand for these performances!

Just like he didn't stand for the performances at Hull and Derby :revenge:

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Example of 2 games, I could name you 25 performances this season that havent been good enoug

I meant when he was manager at both teams. The performances there were apparently terrible and I know both Hull and Derby fans who were absolutely delighted when he got sacked because he's a tactical dinosaur.

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I think people are probably remembering us improving every season under his management, and finishing 14th in his first full season as a Premier League manager. That probably gives a fairer view of his time here than remembering two thirds of one season in caps lock.

Even still, if we were to bring back Pearson (which won't happen, that bridge is not so much burnt as just splinters in the water), it's a concession of relegation when we're still in the driving seat to escape it. He's not an instant fix, nor is he a miracle worker; and that two thirds of a season was filled with far worse tactical blunders on a far more regular basis than currently. He's a slow learner and tends to need to rebuild whatever he comes into (and without Walsh, that's a questionable task). Appoint him now and what we're doing is accepting relegation before it's anywhere near a certainty and planning for a few years in the championship rebuilding the side.

2 minutes ago, irishmenfox said:

I meant when he was manager at both teams. The performances there were apparently terrible and I know both Hull and Derby fans who were absolutely delighted when he got sacked because he's a tactical dinosaur.

Didn't really get a chance at Derby as players were dicks. But make no mistake, he made his mark at Hull, and them getting promoted soon after he left was largely again down to the foundations laid by NP and his team

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Didn't really get a chance at Derby as players were dicks. But make no mistake, he made his mark at Hull, and them getting promoted soon after he left was largely again down to the foundations laid by NP and his team

But why were they dicks? Clearly because his man management skills aren't up to it. They seem fine under Schteve

**** me, the club was supposed to be moving forward not back, is it from now until he dies, does he get calls for reinstating every time our manager struggles.

The bloke has his limitations, couldn't cut it at derby, and couldn't get us out of this, and if he even tried he'd probably end up murdering someone, as he cannot handle pressure, he had a meltdown last time we had a relegation battle, and that's when the players gave a shit

Just now, The Doctor said:

Even still, if we were to bring back Pearson (which won't happen, that bridge is not so much burnt as just splinters in the water), it's a concession of relegation when we're still in the driving seat to escape it. He's not an instant fix, nor is he a miracle worker; and that two thirds of a season was filled with far worse tactical blunders on a far more regular basis than currently. He's a slow learner and tends to need to rebuild whatever he comes into (and without Walsh, that's a questionable task). Appoint him now and what we're doing is accepting relegation before it's anywhere near a certainty and planning for a few years in the championship rebuilding the side.

Not sure I completely agree, he'd have the benefit of knowing an awful lot of the squad. He usually takes some time to find out which players he can trust which isn't going to be so much of a problem here because he's managed most of them, and was involved in recruiting a lot of the others. And it's not like he hasn't done it before, he kept Southampton up when he was there for a limited time, and Carlisle. I think he'd stand as good a chance of keeping us up as anyone who's available right now. Even so I'd feel more comfortable right now if we knew we had someone who - if the worst came to the worst - could do a good rebuilding job in the Championship because it may well take that.

But as you say it's a pointless discussion. It's never gonna happen, I just think that's a shame because I think he's comfortably a better long term option than Rowett or anybody else who might plausibly take the job if Ranieri goes.

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

But why were they dicks? Clearly because his man management skills aren't up to it. They seem fine under Schteve

Probably cos they are lazy b*stards and they didn't like his tough training methods.

Imagine if Beckford and Matt Mills and Bamba went to our chairman as they wasnt happy with the new methods. 

Archived