Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Oh great another Pearson thread ..... I did think that winning the premier league might stop these. 

You would have thought so, do people really think he could have achieved that last season.

First it's an insult to Claudio, the man who brought us the best experience and title in our history.

Secondly the pressure of a title race is as pressured as a relegation battle, could you imagine his melt down

Pearson built a sustainable platform for us to succeed, he certainly wouldn't have won us the league but we could have continued to improve and grow as a club because we were intelligent with out transfers, fitness and management. I had hoped that we'd continue Pearson's off the pitch improvement but we clearly haven't - the answer now is to just throw money at our problems and that rarely works.

Does anybody on here have any skill with computer simulation. 

It would need to be a powerful algorithm that could simulate the theory "what would happen if Nigel Pearson returned to Leicester City"

If not, then he should come back in real life once and for all to answer this eternal silly question. 

Pearson built the squad, but their sell by date has now passed. Pearson is history, just like Winning the Premiership is history. Right now the focus should be on staying in the PL. Harping on about the past doesn't help anyone. I give Pearson credit, just like I give Raneri credit, but things change. Such is life. We need to look to and build for the future.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Does anybody on here have any skill with computer simulation. 

It would need to be a powerful algorithm that could simulate the theory "what would happen if Nigel Pearson returned to Leicester City"

If not, then he should come back in real life once and for all to answer this eternal silly question. 

Hang on....

1-s2.0-S0022509606001736-si97.gif

We'd win the champions league.

1 hour ago, Blizzard said:

Pearson built the squad, but their sell by date has now passed. Pearson is history, just like Winning the Premiership is history. Right now the focus should be on staying in the PL. Harping on about the past doesn't help anyone. I give Pearson credit, just like I give Raneri credit, but things change. Such is life. We need to look to and build for the future.

I think we should remember it and the club should as well. Because what we've achieved over the years under O'Neill, Pearson and Ranieri was based on a couple of key factors. Building a great spirit and good recruitment, for me it's less about harping on about Pearson and more wanting the club to remember that and to strive to get that back. It's disappointing that we've seemingly lost those things so quickly.

I wish Pearson was treated with the respect he so clearly deserves but I also don't want him to be our manager now.

If we were going to bin Claudio then we'd need an 'impact' manager. Pearson is excellent long term but I think he'd take us down with this set of egoists.

4 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Oh no....not again....mods!!!!

4 hours ago, SecretPro said:

MODS

Does anyone else find it irritating when your reading through a thread and you come across posts that are asking for

the mods to intervene.

Why do people do this and why should the mods get involved unless the thread, or any post is either defamatory, or

abusive.

I just don't get why people just don't avoid the thread and move on to something else, what's it got to do with them?

2 hours ago, cheshamfox17 said:

I honestly think it would be very very hard for any manager to motivate this group properly, they realise they have reached their peak and will never ever have a season like the last one, also Pearson's time at Derby suggests that he is hardly a 100% nailed on solution for any problem

He tried to screw them over out of loyalty to us.

Man's gone up in my estimation.

I wish Nigel fecking pearson had never been near our club.

Ffs let it go he's gone. He was a tw@ he supported his son who bought shame to our owners and club.

I bet some on here cry themselves to sleep over person.

Oh and Santa is not real.

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

lol

in ****ing dreamland maybe 

:fishing:

They both did amazing things for the club, O'Neil was more successful but I think in terms of improvement what Pearson did across both his spells won't be matched.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Ffs let it go he's gone. He was a tw@ he supported his son who bought shame to our owners and club.

Not a fan then Sylo ??   :whistle:

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

FFS Sylo

i agree with your post but that Santa comment is a real kick in the nuts . . . . 

14 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

Does anyone else find it irritating when your reading through a thread and you come across posts that are asking for

the mods to intervene.

Why do people do this and why should the mods get involved unless the thread, or any post is either defamatory, or

abusive.

I just don't get why people just don't avoid the thread and move on to something else, what's it got to do with them?

Or ignore the posts ...   whichever's easier.    :thumbup: 

I think Pearson is great as much as the next person, but Jesus Christ... Let go.

Yes he laid down the foundations, but he didn't win us the title. He did amazing for the great escape, but it was also his faults that put us into the position in the first place. His relationship with the owners has been ruined, thanks to his Son, and we wont see him back, which is best imo.

I also think the Ranieri has lost the plot/players/my hope, but we have to move forwards and not back.

Just gonna say this

Pearson has been gone for nearly 2 years and our last game against Manchester United 8 of the 11 starters were signed by him (Schmeichel was signed by Sven tbf). 

We've signed a dozen players in the last 3 transfer windows but yet most of our current starters are Pearson signings. 

Archived