Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

30 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Ranieri goes, Shakespeare will go as well and he wouldn't rule out doing something with Pearson again.

Can see why he's finding it hard to get something currently as his preferred assistants in Shakespeare, Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell are already somewhere.

Why's that?

2 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Pearson was magnificent in getting the club to such a stable position and building quite a lot of the foundations. He got the credit he deserved and only a madnman wouldnt be able to appreciate his contribution from guiding us up. However, NP had limitations. Some say tactical, some say with the media and some say with owners of football clubs. If he was the full package he would still be here but unfortunately his short comings have cost him his job at a few clubs including ours and Derby`s.

Im just a little confused what this thread is about. Is it a respectful Nigel Pearson appreciation thread or are you in some way either wanting him back or talking about what he built? People in football do things for there own means you will know Im sure. Pearson got his job at Derby and hardly anyone followed him from his staff there, in fact it was only 1 or 2 lower end people. His trusted lieutenants put themselves first. One of the key members in Walsh then put us 2nd and his family first by going to Everton. He then takes people with him. Shit happens. No club stands still and no clubs stays the same over the years.

Can the OP kindly expain what the whole point is?

I am stating that Pearson clearly was instrumental in creating the group ethic, that then helped us win the league. Without that we wouldn't have done it.

All of what he created is being dismantled by the new regime.

With regards to his staff not joining him at Derby, that never would have happened with the money Leicester threw at them to stay. 

A fact I will give you, is initially they were looking to follow Pearson out. There was a time those within the club knew it would happen. But then they threw money at them and they stayed. This was all early last season. 

3 hours ago, JR99 said:

lol the club isn't rotten ffs... Yeah we've had a pretty sh*t year, but currently the club is in the last 16 of the champions league for the first time ever, still in the cup with a favourable chance of thr quarter finals at least and not in the relegation zone. Currently the club is in as good a place as it has been for a long while. Yeah we aren't playing well and we look in trouble, but that doesn't make a rotten club!!!

Don't let the CL group blind you, something at the club has changed, I think for all the hard work and foundations that had been laid, and yes that was mainly by NP having cleaned up Svens mess. But it stems from the top, look at the time the owners have spent away from the club this season, the lack of direction from board, level, down to management level.

I've been hearing rumours of training ground scraps involving players and coaching staff for months, I've never been able to get them proved, but now we have all the usual stuff starting to leak out, players not happy, coaches marginalised, then we see Vardy and Fuchs involved in a pushing incident in full view of the away support.

Having seen it all before when Tatter Peeler took MON's work and flushed it down the toilet along with the club off the pitch as well, it all seems very familiar again.

The club is in a relegation battle, paying huge wages, with long term deals in place and a list of players that will want out after this season, if you consider that good, whilst the owners seem to be caring less by the day, i would worry what a horrible place looks like.

Just now, filbertway said:

Why's that?

If Ranieri went, I can only see Shakespeare being in charge on an interim basis. How many number 2's do you see eventually be the main team boss like Ranieri - I haven't seen many around in the English game (?). :dunno:

Also Shakespeare had dismissed claims in the past over whether he would take over as first-team boss, preferring to be a number 2.

35 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I am but he's gone so let it go.

Pearson was slagged by nearly everyone in the great escape. Sack him, he's a cvnt, clueless should never be a prem manager.

Now the same people hail him as a god. Two faced cvnts wanted him out now they want his babbies.

I didn't want him gone. I saw what he created at Leicester. And even when we were struggling it was fine margins. Not like now, massive margins 

29 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Hypothetically. 

If you had a choice of Pearson or Claudio until end of season who would you choose? 

Pearson. This is an emergency. We are running on 50% capacity without team spirit. 

Reminiscent of the feeling of doom when things were falling to pieces under Taylor.

Like then we've thrown money around and its rebounded hugely 

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The voice of reason as usual >>> @Rob1742 

Pearson did so much for the club behind the scenes as Rob rightly says. No way will the owners bring him back though. That ship has sailed.

Not so sure you know. They think off the wall. They do things differently. Remember that Monday when Sven disappeared? 

If there are divisions and turmoil they might just think he can bring everyone together quicker than anyone else could as he knows a large percentage of the group. 

One thing for sure, it can be changed as the group performed last year. 

Another thing is change is needed quickly in my opinion as we are in a are in a downward spiral. 

Its like Woolworths keeping selling CDs and Pick and Mix and going bust at the moment. 

If you don't change you get more of the same. 

To my knowledge Pearson only had 2 appalling runs in 6 years here. 

1. Second half of the 13/14 season where we were on a total free fall and secured 6th place on the last day, only for Knockaert to do what he did against Watford. It's important to note that Pearson obviously learned something cos the following season we steamrolled the league with over 100 points.

2. 14/15 where we spent half the season bottom. I forgive Pearson cos it was his first ever Premier League season. We definitely would not have won the league with Pearson but he'd have continued to build us and do what Pulis did at Stoke, turn us into a solid well run Premier League club. 

3 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Pearson. Might be able to save us. Under Ranieri we are woeful and getting worse. 

2 minutes ago, Foxhampton said:

Pearson. This is an emergency. We are running on 50% capacity without team spirit. 

Reminiscent of the feeling of doom when things were falling to pieces under Taylor.

Like then we've thrown money around and its rebounded hugely 

Agree with both these 

Asked question just to see if people in agreement. 

Pearson you get harder work and back to basics.... Both of which I feel Claudio can't get back. 

Once we concede with Claudio it's game over. 

Np played football so we were always in games and never outplayed often. 

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

Not so sure you know. They think off the wall. They do things differently. Remember that Monday when Sven disappeared? 

If there are divisions and turmoil they might just think he can bring everyone together quicker than anyone else could as he knows a large percentage of the group. 

One thing for sure, it can be changed as the group performed last year. 

Another thing is change is needed quickly in my opinion as we are in a are in a downward spiral. 

Its like Woolworths keeping selling CDs and Pick and Mix and going bust at the moment. 

If you don't change you get more of the same. 

I genuinely can't see it, Rob. It was a messy break up. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I am stating that Pearson clearly was instrumental in creating the group ethic, that then helped us win the league. Without that we wouldn't have done it.

All of what he created is being dismantled by the new regime.

With regards to his staff not joining him at Derby, that never would have happened with the money Leicester threw at them to stay. 

A fact I will give you, is initially they were looking to follow Pearson out. There was a time those within the club knew it would happen. But then they threw money at them and they stayed. This was all early last season. 

You are being inaccurate fella and only using the bits you need to get your point across. As I understand it Claudio came in and made a point he didnt want to change the infrastructure of the club. He didnt bring loads of first team coaches with him and didnt do that pride thing that many coaches do who want to make there stamp on the club. He obviously tried to add to the playing personnel but soon enough he realised that he had better than he thought and playing Driinky ahead of the incoming Inler was typical that he hasnt an ego and does whats best for the club.

As I understand it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), the people that have left all left on their own accord. The club or Claudio didnt want Walsh to leave and we didnt want Idiakez to join Derby. Walsh grabbed one of our scouts in Worthington and was it Arsenal who poached Wrigglesworth? Please explain what is being "dismantled" as you put it? You cant stop people from going, even if they are leaving the Champions of England. There is no fire sale or mass staff sackings here, just that people being greedy or ambitious moving on.

My advice is stop living in the past and move on. Im 99.9% certain with Pearson in charge and his limitations we would not even have got near the Champions League never mind win the title. The "new regime" as you put it have won us an unprecedented prem title and that was down to the existing set-up, the ambition of the new owners and the direction and calmness of a media friendly dilly ding dilly dong gentleman in Claudio.

6 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

You are being inaccurate fella and only using the bits you need to get your point across. As I understand it Claudio came in and made a point he didnt want to change the infrastructure of the club. He didnt bring loads of first team coaches with him and didnt do that pride thing that many coaches do who want to make there stamp on the club. He obviously tried to add to the playing personnel but soon enough he realised that he had better than he thought and playing Driinky ahead of the incoming Inler was typical that he hasnt an ego and does whats best for the club.

As I understand it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), the people that have left all left on their own accord. The club or Claudio didnt want Walsh to leave and we didnt want Idiakez to join Derby. Walsh grabbed one of our scouts in Worthington and was it Arsenal who poached Wrigglesworth? Please explain what is being "dismantled" as you put it? You cant stop people from going, even if they are leaving the Champions of England. There is no fire sale or mass staff sackings here, just that people being greedy or ambitious moving on.

My advice is stop living in the past and move on. Im 99.9% certain with Pearson in charge and his limitations we would not even have got near the Champions League never mind win the title. The "new regime" as you put it have won us an unprecedented prem title and that was down to the existing set-up, the ambition of the new owners and the direction and calmness of a media friendly dilly ding dilly dong gentleman in Claudio.

no need to read the previous pages

this

I actually don't think Ranieri knows what specific issues there are, specifically in defence now.

The team is being found out by the defensive frailties, which Pearson would want to have sorted in his own team, due to the lack of attacking intent currently that had served the team excellently last season.

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our defence isn't even solid any longer.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I actually don't think Ranieri knows what specific issues there are, specifically in defence now.

He's got no options ...   who can he play ??   This is a big problem (can't comment on the new guy yet) and may be a big factor in us going down.  

Fookin hope not though !

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Don't let the CL group blind you, something at the club has changed, I think for all the hard work and foundations that had been laid, and yes that was mainly by NP having cleaned up Svens mess. But it stems from the top, look at the time the owners have spent away from the club this season, the lack of direction from board, level, down to management level.

I've been hearing rumours of training ground scraps involving players and coaching staff for months, I've never been able to get them proved, but now we have all the usual stuff starting to leak out, players not happy, coaches marginalised, then we see Vardy and Fuchs involved in a pushing incident in full view of the away support.

Having seen it all before when Tatter Peeler took MON's work and flushed it down the toilet along with the club off the pitch as well, it all seems very familiar again.

The club is in a relegation battle, paying huge wages, with long term deals in place and a list of players that will want out after this season, if you consider that good, whilst the owners seem to be caring less by the day, i would worry what a horrible place looks like.

I completely agree we're in a nasty situation at the minute... But rotten? Come on. A rotten club wouldn't be on the back of our most successful ever season. If we do get relegated then things might get messy, but if that doesn't happen? A rotten club isn't a club who two or three wins could turn everything back around for. 

2 minutes ago, JR99 said:

I completely agree we're in a nasty situation at the minute... But rotten? Come on. A rotten club wouldn't be on the back of our most successful ever season. If we do get relegated then things might get messy, but if that doesn't happen? A rotten club isn't a club who two or three wins could turn everything back around for. 

there's the problem tho, can you see it changing? i can't see where the next shot, let alone goal or point is coming from, we best beat Derby and Millwall to give us something to grasp onto, maybe rotten isn't the correct word, I didn't use it.

But the owners had 2 options in Jan, back him with cash, or make a change like hull and swansea, they did neither, i'm just suggesting they have lost the connection and that has filtered down, and if they walk away we are ****ed short term, maybe rotten is harsh, but I think we will find out in years to come, what went wrong so quickly and it will cover all aspects of the club, behind closed training ground doors, things are clearly not right.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

But the owners had 2 options in Jan, back him with cash, or make a change like hull and swansea, they did neither,

I think they definitely tried to back him with cash but for a variety of reasons the deals didn't come off ....     we, more perhaps than any other team in the prem, needed an injection of new blood.   And we didn't get it.   With our schedule, it's killing us.

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

there's the problem tho, can you see it changing? i can't see where the next shot, let alone goal or point is coming from, we best beat Derby and Millwall to give us something to grasp onto, maybe rotten isn't the correct word, I didn't use it.

But the owners had 2 options in Jan, back him with cash, or make a change like hull and swansea, they did neither, i'm just suggesting they have lost the connection and that has filtered down, and if they walk away we are ****ed short term, maybe rotten is harsh, but I think we will find out in years to come, what went wrong so quickly and it will cover all aspects of the club, behind closed training ground doors, things are clearly not right.

Honestly? No. At the minute I'm struggling to see any positives... But in perspective nothing is rotten about our situation. General consensus seems to be that claudio doesn't know how to even start to fix this, so I think he probably should've gone as soon as he started flagging, and the owners should commit either way. But what I will say is if the owners go I see us falling away rapidly, a Luton esque fall and I don't see what would stop it. I'm still sure the owners are as committed to this club as ever and wouldn't walk away, and that's why I'm so sure nothing is rotten, more stalling and taking our time to get started again 

53 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Being dismantled can come in many different forms and it's certainly not just because of Ranieri, we also need to look higher. But there was an article in the papers this weekend saying that it was his choice to relieve the sports psychologist of his duties. The same articles suggested he had pushed to one side much of the backroom team.

It's all very well to say you don't want to change anything. But if their input isn't what it once was, or they are being ignored then it's not much different to just sacking them. Because all you end up with is a load of frustrated staff not feeling like they are part of it as much as they used to be. Which is most likely to see them jump ship at the first opportunity.

Then you have how players are handled, disparity in contracts, what sort of signings are made. We know we used to place a large emphasis on the group, trying to keep parity, trying to keep the players all feeling involved as much as possible, we're clearly failing that. Then we've targeted a large number of foreign signings in one go. We've never been shy of a player from foreign leagues before. But we've had a huge influx over the last 3 windows. With what, just one player coming in with experience of the country or our league?

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think they definitely tried to back him with cash but for a variety of reasons the deals didn't come off ....     we, more perhaps than any other team in the prem, needed an injection of new blood.   And we didn't get it.   With our schedule, it's killing us.

There's no real evidence to suggest they did tho, if he wanted players, if he has any say, then don't **** about with silly bids, we got Ndidi done early, paid what it took, i'm not suggesting we blow the whole of KP budget, but we needed a centre half, just buy one, and if he wanted a number 10, pay it, it's gonna cost more than a few million if we go down.

Archived