Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

4 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Tbh I think those saying these fans who want him out are deluded...Are completely right.

Most these fans are. Who is going to replace Ranieri? The problem is with the players... If they do suddenly become good again and start winning with another manager.... Questions need to be asked as to why they started playing again.

This player power is ridiculous, especially considering the amount they are getting paid every week. Same shitt happened at Chelsea... Except their players were half decent even before they had a kante so could raise their game enough to save them from relegation.

Unfortunately when things go badly you can only change manager. You can't sack a whole squad of 25 players. That's why player power works. 

16 minutes ago, owenwhite22 said:

They ultimately don't care about the likes of Leicester, They'll want to talk about the issues that get them the most views and say things that divide opinion. As for Barry Glendenning, he's not particularly well versed in the statements that he makes. He appears to wing it far too much and also makes far too many negative slurs as well.

As for Leicester, I'd recommend the boot room but with them being a part of the BBC they aren't the perfect solution. I love Ian Stringer but I do find at times he tries to play devil's advocate too much.  

shocked.jpg

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's an over simplification but I think a lot rests with our lack of a pre-season. We started the season jaded, tired and unfit. We started losing games, we lost confidence and on it went in a downward spiral.

We're now desperate for the year to be over but it isn't, the hardest part is still to come.

But we qualified from the CL groups with a game to spare; we had comfortable wins against Swansea, Palace and a scintillating one vs Man City; we beat Everton away in the cup.

It hasn't been downhill all the way, yet we haven't been using these performances as spring boards.

Mendy, Ndidi, Amartey, Hernandez, Musa, Slimani, Gray, Ulloa, Schlupp, Zieler, Chilwell, James... have all these guys had reasons to be tired, jaded and unfit?

To twist your words a little, if you think the solution is for the players to 'man up', then you're also admitting that Ranieri cannot do much about it.

What is there to lose by trying to get someone in who could?

10 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Tbh I think those saying these fans who want him out are deluded...Are completely right.

Most these fans are. Who is going to replace Ranieri? The problem is with the players... If they do suddenly become good again and start winning with another manager.... Questions need to be asked as to why they started playing again.

This player power is ridiculous, especially considering the amount they are getting paid every week. Same shitt happened at Chelsea... Except their players were half decent even before they had a kante so could raise their game enough to save them from relegation.

If the players lose faith in the manager, then he's generally done something for that to happen. If he and the club have managed people badly, isolated staff members etc like we're hearing then you can't just lay the blame at the players door. If team spirit can be created by how a manager acts with people and a team improve with it, it can be broken exactly the same way.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

Well, by "slow" I understand a gradual decline over several seasons. Not an impending relegation straight after!

I wasn't talking decline, obviously that's been as rapid as our rise. I'm talking changes behind the scenes, where things get changed bit by bit.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Getting quite fed up with patronising pundits and journalists on Sky, BBC, Guardian and other platforms who are calling Leicester fans who want change of manager spoilt and self entitled. 

The latest idiot is Barry Glendenning who yesterday said dismissively that only a self entitled minority want Ranieri out. John Cross said something similar. They are completely out of touch with the Leicester City fan base. IMO the Burnley and Manchester United defeats has turned the tide against Ranieri for most fans.

Just because we don't scream and yell abuse at manager and players like Arsenal fans do doesn't mean City fans don't want change. 

We should just sit down and accept relegation otherwise we're spoilt arrogant supporters.

What I've read its not that people don't think Leicester fans want to change the manager it's more like we shouldn't want Ranieri to be sacked because of what he achieved last season. 

The media have been patronising to us ever since we came up and it's not just us, it's anyone outside of the so called big clubs. We're in a culture of appeasing the big clubs 'fans'. It's worth realising that's the case, but it disappoints me when I see our own fans sitting there and taking it, bowing down to their game.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Getting quite fed up with patronising pundits and journalists on Sky, BBC, Guardian and other platforms who are calling Leicester fans who want change of manager spoilt and self entitled. 

The latest idiot is Barry Glendenning who yesterday said dismissively that only a self entitled minority want Ranieri out. John Cross said something similar. They are completely out of touch with the Leicester City fan base. IMO the Burnley and Manchester United defeats has turned the tide against Ranieri for most fans.

Just because we don't scream and yell abuse at manager and players like Arsenal fans do doesn't mean City fans don't want change. 

We should just sit down and accept relegation otherwise we're spoilt arrogant supporters.

We should just sit down and accept it because we had our fun, it's time to let the glory hunters have their "rightful" places back. The irony that they call us entitled is hilarious.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Quality post :thumbup::thumbup:. I agree 100℅. Just because the fans are doing their job by supporting the club doesn't mean that they are happy, it just means that they are quality supporters that want nothing but the best for the team. And I believe that you and other senior fans here are more entitled to speak on behalf of the fandom then some sport personalities.

We all know the blame does not rest entirely with CR.   There 20 or so accomplices' to this mess.  The media will never admit to this as sacking CR would make a good story.   Hopefully, our fortunes will turn.  We are owed a referring decision after the last two games, Jon Moss may yet deliver.................

Load of rubbish. We care about the club's position more than anything else. We've seen managers come and go at a ridiculous rate and the club yo-yo up and down the leagues in equal measure over the last 20-30 years. Quite right if we're going to get a bit anxious about whether Claudio can get us out of this mire.

I think the players are to blame for our current plight more than Claudio, some of the effort and lack of determination the players are showing isn't something which is taught or instilled by the manager, they're just playing half arsed, shit stained football with no desire at all, generally speaking.

But as the threat of relegation looms you can't replace 11 first team players and stick the reserves on, or indeed sack the players, but something would have to change if we lost to Derby and Swansea.... and the only thing that really can is Claudio. I hope it doesn't happen and we can turn this around but I don't agree with the notion that some Leicester fans are fickle or spoilt just because we're facing the prospect of yo-yo-ing, again.

The media are just loving piling the pressure on us aren't they, unrest, wage cuts, stay of execution for Ranieri. etc.

Finnegan's posts have summed up exactly how I feel, there's been a lot of issues at the club not all of Ranieri's making.

Really torn on this, I don't want to make a change at all and realistically I don't think it's going to happen anyway. CR isn't going to walk away and the owners even asked him during his interview when he came here whether he would be willing to manage us should we be relegated and that was before we won the league! So I don't see them pulling the trigger, especially when they have been richly rewarded for showing patience with managers in the past.

But then also Claudio doesn't have a great record on his CV for having success in his 2nd season at clubs and that's why he has become somewhat of a managerial wanderer over the last 10 years.

One things for sure we have to get back to basics, we can't be carved open by mediocre teams like Man u like that every week. If we aren't scoring then we need to be secure at the back and that is the major concern for me at the moment - the shape of the team is awful - we're giving teams so much space to exploit and doing nothing to open it up for ourselves and this is where CL needs to step up. If that means making a couple of the big boys sit on the bench for a month then so be it, but he needs to stir something up and soon.   

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

From what I've read on other forums and media, I think the sacking of Ranieri would be met with universal negativity and condemnation.

It would make us the ultimate bad guys.

Bad guys in the Premier League. 

Good guys in in the Championship. 

I know which I'd prefer. 

Regardless of whether you want Ranieri out or not, I was sick long ago of people basically calling us a nothing club.

Yes we're a smaller club than most who've won the Premier League but I'm really fed up of hearing how lucky we are. I am very grateful for last season but let's not forget all those clubs that have won a title or European Cup down the years when we had to put up with bugger all - Ipswich, Derby, Forest, Burnley, Blackburn. Clubs no bigger than us who had the glory years.

Now we've got Carragher trying to hold himself back from saying 'Leicester are a shit club who should never have been allowed to win the title'. You can tell he fvcking hates it, bitter because Liverpool blew it 3 seasons ago and now it's 27 years without a title.

We're not Swansea or Hull, we certainly shouldn't think the championship is where we belong, regardless of last season.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I was listening to that this morning on my train commute and it annoyed me. I'm glad Honigstein brought some sense to the debate. He's spot on when he said if it was a choice between staying up without Ranieri or going down with Ranieri it's a no brainer. But the other 3 weren't having it. 

I'm a big fan of Football Weekly as well but was disappointed with that segment.

It's utterly ridiculous.

They may as well have said we should guarantee Huth and Morgan or (insert player name here) their places because they won us the league. Nobody should ever be guaranteed their position at the club on the strength of what they've done rather than what they now offer.

To suggest we should go down with Ranieri out of loyalty rather than sack him, FFS.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's the majority that want him gone if you go from the polls on here. What people won't do is slate the bloke in the ground at the moment, he will always get a cheers no matter what because of what he did. People have a lot of love for the bloke... he's just clearly not sure what to do about the situation we're in.

Possibly,  but in terms of Leicester City fans on the whole, the membership on here is a tiny proportion. I am one that for a number of reasons want him to stay and think it's wise to keep him. There are many that disagree and have equally got a number of valid arguments for doing so.  I can only say that in my circle of friends or at work there appears to be more anger against the players than the manager.

As for the media, it's never really changed as a Leicester fan. If under O'Neil we beat a team like Arsenal etc, it would be due to that teams poor performance and not a hint of any skill shown by us. Many pundits last year had their 'it can't last' jibes rammed down their throat, much to the delight of many a football fans of the smaller teams. More importantly it gave hope to the latter for their team. That is why this predicament is so sad and I think many a neutral don't want to see an end to 'the dream'. There are many in the media however  who want to see us put firmly back in our place.

Despite claims of speaking without emotion coming into our arguments when claiming to address issues regarding management and players and writing in a reasoned aloof from it all manner, I suggest comments on this site prove otherwise. I'm a guilty party! BUT that's not necessarily a negative statement because whichever the side of the line we all fall, we are most definitely as one in that we're bothered.

At 58yrs of age, 2 kids and supposedly a responsible adult with supposedly much better things to do,  I find myself writing drivel on the Internet most days now. I guess there's no hope for me. My hope is that the media coverage gets to the players, makes them angry also with a positive response, we are the Champions by the way, how dare they! Come on boys,  make them eat their words for a third year running, then let's sort any problems out at the end of the season from a position of power. As for us....play nicely with each other and stick together also!

It's a majority on Foxestalk that want him sacked. He retains the support of a majority of fans. Some may doubt whether he can get us out  of the mess but given what he did for us last season he gets far more leeway than previous managers may have done. We need to get rid of one or two bad infuences (polite description) from the dressing room, not the manager.

Archived