Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I am an avid listener of Football Weekly. It's a great podcast but yesterday they made an absolute fool of themselves parroting this line. That somehow we need to keep Ranieri and as you said accept relegation. It was blood boiling.

Thankfully Rafael Honigstein was a voice of reason and common sense of the four. He was getting shouted down a little (I think Glendenning said "I couldn't disagree with you more.") it's here from about 36:30 onwards.

My god, what an utter cretin Barry Glendenning is. 

He essentially says that hammering Leicester is nothing because of how bad we are (implying that we are in fact the worst team in the league), then calls fans "entitled" for wanting rid of Ranieri and says relegation isn't a big deal. What's the point in playing then? Why not just pack it in, because we've had our fun and should face being shit, rather than wanting to stay in the Premier League. He's actually done very well at picking out things wrong with the club, but we should just accept it.

So now apparently we're stuck in a rut and should have "respect" rather than a Premier League football team. Amazing how "relegation isn't a big deal", yet United being just 2 points off the top 4 is. That really sums up the British media interest in domestic football.

I hate the media in general. None of the media wanted us to win the league and now they are all revelling in our poor form.

Although I am not particularly happy with Claudio right now, as most of us probably aren't, I feel the way some of the media are talking about him and making up none stories about him is appalling. He has always been a true gent with the media and yet bell ends like Mourinho and Guardiola treat the media terribly but not much bad gets said about them. 

The attitude from others and even our some of our own fans is appalling, it's like that's your lot Leicester, you've won a title and you should be happy now. Stay in your lane and let the big boys clean up again. I love Ranieri and it's hard to be too angry at him but he needs to go, the journos and other fans can't seem to understand that we're hurtling towards rock bottom because we're truly awful. It's not just on the pitch either, we were seemingly so well run with our fitness and scouting and that's been eroded and now we're about as intelligent off the pitch as Newcastle and Villa.

5 hours ago, Wdywd said:

It's worth saying that the crowd hardly ever turned on Pearson either ("**** off and die" incident aside). Might be memory playing tricks but just about the only time I remember it being openly negative was the Hull game when they finished with 10 men and we could only get a 0-0. I think it's the same at most places tbf, the support in the ground is far higher than online. As much as anything who wants to pay to just sit there seething at your own side the whole time?

Ranieri is a nice guy who delivered the single greatest achievement in the history of the club. My dad has been supporting us for 60 years and got to see us WIN THE LEAGUE last year. People like him are not turning on the manager because of this season, we've been shit before. This is not a new feeling but last year was.

Well put..

It seem too many posters on our forums, believe they are in the majority.

Over 30.000 tickets per game. Plus Tv supporters who for various reasons, cant get down regularly.

Even if we put down only a third of the fans at the victory parade last season, lcfc forums are still in the

Minority. Then take away 20% of the posters, because even after winning the title, they only know how

to post negatives...

Even from the terraces I have no idea, and I doubt if anybody does, what the main stay opinions really are.

But I would never be presumptious, to believe or state , that majority of fans agree with any of my own opinions.

I reckon though, there are a good group-set  of fans, that like me, want to see Claudio and the players given

until the EOS., but wouldnt be suprised if by  middle of March, with only negative results, management would

then decide to announce its time for Claudio.

Pundits and press statements interest me as only part of the entertainment, but a few on here love it when

they are positive ageeable shedded thoughts Only, matching their own ,over our beloved club, but soon  ready to

Pounce on their witterings, as soon as they Contradict  their own assesments.

The media and pundits no matter how their opinions fall, allow us to see how others outside our own sphere,

Take a Look at our situation.

Lets face it we lapped up all their positive and negative hype from them last season!!!..:P

I'm quite happy to be called entitled if my expectation of mid-table football for a team that won the title and has spent nearly £80 million this season is too great. Why should we sit there and accept almost two-thirds of matches this season being utterly appalling?

It's easy for outsiders to sit there and patronise or criticise, they aren't the ones spending £30 a time to see away performances verging on the disgusting in football terms or paying for a season ticket in the Championship next year. Maybe some fans don't want to go back to that? Maybe some don't want the manager to go out of spite, hate or anything like that, just a worry that he can't turn things round?

The press cannot have it both ways- you can't reel off stat after stat about how woeful we are then complain when people question the manager.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm quite happy to be called entitled if my expectation of mid-table football for a team that won the title and has spent nearly £80 million this season is too great. Why should we sit there and accept almost two-thirds of matches this season being utterly appalling?

It's easy for outsiders to sit there and patronise or criticise, they aren't the ones spending £30 a time to see away performances verging on the disgusting in football terms or paying for a season ticket in the Championship next year. Maybe some fans don't want to go back to that? Maybe some don't want the manager to go out of spite, hate or anything like that, just a worry that he can't turn things round?

The press cannot have it both ways- you can't reel off stat after stat about how woeful we are then complain when people question the manager.

Your last point is bang on. 

Barry Glendenning said he couldn't see where our next point will come from and in the next sentence said Ranieri should be stay indefinitely basically.  

The media built us up.... now they can fill cokumn inches knockingbus down

I am more incenced by tge radio leicester piece last night.  It is radio LEICESTER..ffs   the people of leicester need positivity and belief.... not more misery. The bbc are trolling us.  We should chant against them 

BBC ran that poll yesterday

"Should LCFC sack Ranieri?

No - They're reigning champions 

Yes - They're in a relegation fight"

Blood boiling! Talk about leading questions! 

They're missing the point - anyone calling for or at least discussing Ranieri getting sacked - it isn't because of the 'indignity' of being in a relegation fight, whilst being defending champions - it's merely that fact that are looking odds on to go down, regardless of last season! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/08/relegation-leicester-title-legend-premier-league-claudio-ranieri?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

'But in any case, to castigate a club like Leicester for getting themselves relegated would be to miss the point. This would be news if the club under threat was Manchester United, or Arsenal, or indeed Chelsea (as to be fair it was for a fleeting moment last season). But battling relegation is what Leicester have always historically done. Their title was always going to be a one-off. And that’s just fine: not every squad has the collective energy to begin construction of a lasting empire; not every club has the wherewithal, or is of the required size, to build on championship success.'

Graham Bryce in todays sun. Leicester are sinking so fast they're in danger of getting the bends.

Ok im no doctor or diver (except on the muff) but I always thought the bends were caused because you rose to quick? Thick cvnt.

37 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/08/relegation-leicester-title-legend-premier-league-claudio-ranieri?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

'But in any case, to castigate a club like Leicester for getting themselves relegated would be to miss the point. This would be news if the club under threat was Manchester United, or Arsenal, or indeed Chelsea (as to be fair it was for a fleeting moment last season). But battling relegation is what Leicester have always historically done. Their title was always going to be a one-off. And that’s just fine: not every squad has the collective energy to begin construction of a lasting empire; not every club has the wherewithal, or is of the required size, to build on championship success.'

Andy Goldstein has said numerous times on Talksport that he believes most Leicester fans dont give a monkeys if they go down because we won the title. In other words, we're okay with getting battered 3-0 every week and finish bottom. That's the type of diarrhoea being spouted about us on national media. 

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Graham Bryce in todays sun. Leicester are sinking so fast they're in danger of getting the bends.

Ok im no doctor or diver (except on the muff) but I always thought the bends were caused because you rose to quick? Thick cvnt.

Yeah he clearly thinks we're going to go on a run of straight wins between now and the end of the season.

One thing that absolutely does my head in is the tendency for pundits to solely blame our position on the loss of Kante.

EVERY single defeat, regardless of what happens in the game, every post-match analysis includes a segment on Kante. :rolleyes:

Yes he was an absolutely huge loss and not one player in our current midfield can match his work rate and all the dirty work he had to do.

But people who understand the club know there's been a string of events that have led to our slump and not that of solely one player. So no need to keep banging on about it!

No one wants to mention our awful pre-season arrangements or the loss of Steve Walsh, which both arguably have been a greater factor.

Guest Foxin_mad

The Guardian normally spouts a lot of shite but it really is excelling itself this time round. They give the impression of being a bunch of self righteous arsewipes.

34 minutes ago, TK95 said:

One thing that absolutely does my head in is the tendency for pundits to solely blame our position on the loss of Kante.

EVERY single defeat, regardless of what happens in the game, every post-match analysis includes a segment on Kante. :rolleyes:

Yes he was an absolutely huge loss and not one player in our current midfield can match his work rate and all the dirty work he had to do.

But people who understand the club know there's been a string of events that have led to our slump and not that of solely one player. So no need to keep banging on about it!

No one wants to mention our awful pre-season arrangements or the loss of Steve Walsh, which both arguably have been a greater factor.

For me, kantè for us was like a car wheel. He was the driving force from the back. But to say that he is the main reason we are struggling is just not right. The problem is, we replaced a wheel that fits with one of those yellow slim spare tires. If we got a player from the same mold ( for example idrissa gueye) the team would've played a lot better.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's a Sunderland fan I think. 

So, I am not calling him "unprofessional" but, Leicester struggling will benefit his team the most. Could that be a conflict of interest? Could be that the fan in him is effecting his judgment and feelings.

On 07/02/2017 at 11:02, Koke said:

Getting quite fed up with patronising pundits and journalists on Sky, BBC, Guardian and other platforms who are calling Leicester fans who want change of manager spoilt and self entitled. 

The latest idiot is Barry Glendenning who yesterday said dismissively that only a self entitled minority want Ranieri out. John Cross said something similar. They are completely out of touch with the Leicester City fan base. IMO the Burnley and Manchester United defeats has turned the tide against Ranieri for most fans.

Just because we don't scream and yell abuse at manager and players like Arsenal fans do doesn't mean City fans don't want change. 

We should just sit down and accept relegation otherwise we're spoilt arrogant supporters.

After hearing his name ringing round walker's way last night do you still think the majority of Leicester fans want him sacked?

On 07/02/2017 at 12:10, stripeyfox said:

From what I've read on other forums and media, I think the sacking of Ranieri would be met with universal negativity and condemnation.

It would make us the ultimate bad guys.

Who cares, at the end of the day football is like a newspaper, today's news is yesterdays 

"Leicester have lost x amount of matches", "haven't scored for six games", "haven't won away for 10 months", "are heading firmly for relegation", "can't see where the next point is coming from".

But they shouldn't complain or criticise.

Just heard Kelly Cates on 606 use the hackneyed 'would you have taken winning the league and then relegation the next season'. Really getting fed up of hearing this now.

It's like being told you can have the best sex ever with Mila Kunis and then afterwards she'll shoot you in the head. Actually, let me think about that analogy for a bit...

Archived