Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

7 hours ago, Koke said:

First time John Cross has talked sense about LCFC in 2 years 

I've seen more pieces from journalists so far that have looked beyond the "it is a disgrace, unromantic, so what?" crap and actually questioned why it has gone wrong and things need to change than I expected. MIguel Delaney wrote a good article on this.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I've seen more pieces from journalists so far that have looked beyond the "it is a disgrace, unromantic, so what?" crap and actually questioned why it has gone wrong and things need to change than I expected. MIguel Delaney wrote a good article on this.

A lot of them have seen a bit of us this year and know how bad we are. The talking heads and celebs don't have a clue.

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

Agree. 

We still gkt Savage yhough. So much rage by Robbie Savage. It's like we became football terrorists overnight

You can't believe the stories about players unrest and then refuse to believe the stories about the Ranieri making some poor decisions along the way. 

For example, Id fully expect most of these ex pro's have been in a situation where a manager has selected someone over a player perceived better from the rest of the squad. The reaction would have been the same.

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agree. 

We still gkt Savage yhough. So much rage by Robbie Savage. It's like we became football terrorists overnight

How Robbie Savage has had such a successful career so far as a pundit is an absolute mystery to me. It's not so much comments like this more that he offers no insight at all just a lot of misguided 'pashun'.

The fact he's so in-demand is mind-boggling. Puts himself out there as a 'straight talker' but rarely says anything constructive, doesn't even appear to have even thought about what he's saying half the time.

I didn't realise we'd still be all over the papers. I'm still never sure if we're big enough to be bothered with.

Can't blame them, though. It is shocking. But regrettably understandable, given the team-manager relationship.

And yet Robbie Savage was openly mocking the appointment in the first place. Why was Ranieri the bookmaker's favourite, and virtually every pundit's, to be first out of the door when he arrived?

The game lost it's soul years ago. Stop the over-dramatic nonsense like "football's lowest day" and such like, in the last few months something far, far more serious has been exposed than a manager losing his job at a struggling side.

Rafa Honigstein is one of the few intelligent journos out there who speak facts on this. His opinion on Leicester are factual and logical. The rest of the media are on a moral crusade against us. 

My biggest gripe at the moment is the loaded nature of the questioning. Not just the "would you take relegation if it meant winning the league?", now Jeff Stelling says "How can they sack the man when a 1-0 win takes them into the quarter-finals of the Champions League?", which totally ignores the bigger issues at large such as relegation and the potential loss of revenue, the loss of good players, the affect on the ability to attract players and managers, the resetting of targets for progression.

Merson was witlessly banging on about happy to be 17th every year and take the money but we aren't, we want to be higher. He then spoke about going down and coming back as though it was a done deal, wilfully missing the point that it isn't easy and there's so much uncertainty around relegation. And then what will they say on promotion? "They should aim for 17th then build", which is exactly what we're trying to do now. 

Thankfully we have seen some articles actually looking closely at the situation.

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Agree. 

Meanwhile he's been slating us week in week out the hypocrite,All Ranieri the title win all the players fault now we are shit? **** offff!

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Agree. 

Obviously a different  Robbie Savage to the one that was tearing our tactics apart during the Sevilla game, two faced tw@

1 hour ago, Corky said:

My biggest gripe at the moment is the loaded nature of the questioning. Not just the "would you take relegation if it meant winning the league?", now Jeff Stelling says "How can they sack the man when a 1-0 win takes them into the quarter-finals of the Champions League?", which totally ignores the bigger issues at large such as relegation and the potential loss of revenue, the loss of good players, the affect on the ability to attract players and managers, the resetting of targets for progression.

Merson was witlessly banging on about happy to be 17th every year and take the money but we aren't, we want to be higher. He then spoke about going down and coming back as though it was a done deal, wilfully missing the point that it isn't easy and there's so much uncertainty around relegation. And then what will they say on promotion? "They should aim for 17th then build", which is exactly what we're trying to do now. 

Thankfully we have seen some articles actually looking closely at the situation.

I was watching that and it got on my tits. The media witch hunt and moral crusade against our club is laughable. Le Tissier went on to say 95% of Leicester fans would basically take relegation with Ranieri. Merson says Palace got better players than us. State of our football media ffs.

Here's the whole video.

Jason Roberts on Final Score- "Did they expect to challenge for the title again, or be in the top four?" which has missed as many points about our situation as we have in the last five games.

Do these people actually look at the league table?

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Jason Roberts on Final Score- "Did they expect to challenge for the title again, or be in the top four?" which has missed as many points about our situation as we have in the last five games.

That line has been repeated so many times by people. 

I'm genuinely questioning the intellectual capacity of these pundits.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

No, I expected an easy season where we didn't challenge for the top, but we weren't troubled at the bottom, would have done me. Bet Roberts hasn't even watched how poor we are this year.

29 minutes ago, Koke said:

I never thought I'd say this but fair play to Richard Keys for at least asking  the right questions and playing devil's advocate. 

And I hope AndyGray gets run over by a rogue Elephant, cnut with his " I hope they go down" remarks (x2)

Archived