Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

Tottenham transfer news: Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez was enquired about in January but Spurs were told he was not for sale at any price

TOTTENHAM asked about signing Leicester’s star player Riyad Mahrez in January, according to reports.

The Foxes immediately rebuffed Spurs and told them the Algerian playmaker was not for sale

According to The Times, Tottenham asked about taking the out-of-form wing wizard to White Hart Lane - but were told no amount of money could cause Leiecester to part company with him.

Mahrez's best form has come in the Champions League, where he has netted five goals in four games.

But the midfielder - and the rest of his team-mates - have fallen well short of the marker they set last campaign.

If they can get good money for him, he should be sold whoever it is that come knocking next.

He's not interested in being here whatsoever, and the lack of effort against yanited the other day once they scored was clear for all to see - pulling himself up so he didn't make challenges. 

A woeful 2 assists in the league and no goals from open play coupled with the above boarders on disgraceful given the contract he has signed and the ability he possesses.

IMO, much like the whole team, Mahrez has been "found out" other teams have studied him and the way we play, he is covered and forced in to un natural runs and unable to use  his natural talents.

He needs to up his game and make changes to the way he plays... so does the team

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Why do we to sell him, even if he runs his contract down, he only cost 400 grand, anyone who wants to buy him need to bring in silly money to get him.

Because we can't have players on £100,000 a week wages in the championship! 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

What do we think a decent price to sell him for would be? Is he really still worth more than £25m?

Look at what Newcastle got for their players when they went down. Anything less than £30m would be a joke.

We wouldn't accept less that £30 million, even if relegated IMO. 

I actually think with prices going up and up each year, we can still get the £35-40 million we were being quoted last season.

That Chinese club said last week they want Slimani ahead of Costa.. so hopefully they would still be interested in the summer and that would still be around 35/40million too!

I honestly think if we go down, even with some high earners we won't be able to shift, we will be fine financially. Not good.. but fine and will survive until we can run down the highest earner's contracts. 

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We wouldn't accept less that £30 million, even if relegated IMO. 

I actually think with prices going up and up each year, we can still get the £35-40 million we were being quoted last season.

That Chinese club said last week they want Slimani ahead of Costa.. so hopefully they would still be interested in the summer and that would still be around 35/40million too!

I honestly think if we go down, even with some high earners we won't be able to shift, we will be fine financially. Not good.. but fine and will survive until we can run down the highest earner's contracts. 

our parachute payment is 75 mill for next two seasons (maybe three)

we have turned two years of profit (this season could be about 50 million)

if there are relegation clauses in the contracts then we have no issues whatsoever financially.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If they can get good money for him, he should be sold whoever it is that come knocking next.

He's not interested in being here whatsoever, and the lack of effort against yanited the other day once they scored was clear for all to see - pulling himself up so he didn't make challenges. 

A woeful 2 assists in the league and no goals from open play coupled with the above boarders on disgraceful given the contract he has signed and the ability he possesses.

If he was not interested he would've put in a transfer request. Out of form, yes. Not very happy, maybe. But don't say that he doesn't want to be here. Talking as Leicester fan, I would say he did nothing that suggests  he doesn't want to be here. So, can you please stop assuming what people think and trust the players.

57 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I think we'd be lucky to get 25m for him in the summer if he continues as he is and/or we get relegated. Clubs will know we potentially need him off the wage bill and that he'd almost certainly want to go. 25m plus add ons for goals/assists/appearances maybe? 

Payet 4 years older, not a PL champion and POTY, put out a transfer request, refused to play with the team and still went for 25M. sissoko and wijnaldum went for more then that. And mahrez showed up in the CL. This is nothing but a hyperbole because he is underpreforming, an on form mahrez is at least a top 5 RW in the world. A left footed RW  that can get you double digits in goals and assists is worth more then 35M. People need to get real. 

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

I don't think he fits the mold of high pressing, high workrate and physical play style of spurs. But every team that wants to be a top 4 needs a player like him. Flair RWs that can score and assists are a must.

Isn't that the sort of team he was in last season? lol

I wouldn't describe Tottenham as that at all.

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

If he was not interested he would've put in a transfer request. Out of form, yes. Not very happy, maybe. But don't say that he doesn't want to be here. Talking as Leicester fan, I would say he did nothing that suggests  he doesn't want to be here. So, can you please stop assuming what people think and trust the players.

Doesn't he lose the rest of his contract money if he asks to leave, similar to payets pay off

Archived