Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

11 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Isn't that the sort of team he was in last season? lol

And he couldn't go 70 minutes without holding his sides because he got tired. Poch is all about work rate. And they press harder then our team (even last year). Poch will expect 100% every game and mahrez is not that player. He would work wonders for a Chelsea or an arsenal team, but not spurs.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

What do we think a decent price to sell him for would be? Is he really still worth more than £25m?

Yannick Bolasie went for 30m.

Mahrez is worth 45+m every day of the week.

Not sure how anyone could want this bloke to go to another English team after he proved what he can do to teams.

Short memories, last season he was easily the best player to EVER wear the City shirt.

I for one never want us to play against him when he's in a team that will play to his strengths.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Doesn't he lose the rest of his contract money if he asks to leave, similar to payets pay off

Payet( I think) had to only pay back the wages for January+ a fine. And a player will not be gutted about a little amount of money if he thinks that he can get it back + be happier.

5 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Wonder if he has a release clause in his contract that can be triggered by a certain bid amount 

Sources said that he doesn't have one. It is more of handshake agreement between him and the club that say he can go after the 2016/2017 season.

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

If he was not interested he would've put in a transfer request. Out of form, yes. Not very happy, maybe. But don't say that he doesn't want to be here. Talking as Leicester fan, I would say he did nothing that suggests  he doesn't want to be here. So, can you please stop assuming what people think and trust the players.

What's his problem then? 

Explain in the lack of effort and commitment he's shown, typified by the Man U game where it could be seen that he was shirking challenges, or backing out of what should have been 50 / 50 tackles.

One of the national press,in a match report said he wouldn't have need a shower after the game ffs, so it's not just me! 

If I say, 'it appears' like he doesn't want to be here, that may be more to your liking? 

I don't think anyone in all honesty believes that Mahrez has been flat out all season, notwithstanding the same can be applied to others within the squad.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Pogba went for £100m, Kante went for £30m. Whats your point? Its Leicester.

What do you mean?

Pogba is marketable, Kante isn't.

Just like Mahrez is marketable and Bolasie isn't.

Mahrez will go for a massive fee.

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

Payet( I think) had to only pay back the wages for January+ a fine. And a player will not be gutted about a little amount of money if he thinks that he can get it back + be happier.

Sorry I meant loyalty bonuses and signing on fee,

very lucrative when you sign a 20 plus million pound contract

“Sometimes it’s because of the structure of the contract being such that a lump sum is paid to players, providing they’re not asking to leave the club,” he explains. “That’s why so many players often leave it as a very last resort, in order to avoid losing that amount of money.”

So, despite the claims of loyalty to the club, respect for the fans, and forthrightness with the manager, it could be said that the biggest cause of modern footballers’ shyness for transfer requests is the lucrative contractual bonuses they forego by submitting one. In short, a loyalty bonus tends to be spread incrementally over a player’s contract – i.e. 20 per cent each year on a five-year deal."

20 minutes ago, the fox said:

Payet 4 years older, not a PL champion and POTY, put out a transfer request, refused to play with the team and still went for 25M. sissoko and wijnaldum went for more then that. And mahrez showed up in the CL. This is nothing but a hyperbole because he is underpreforming, an on form mahrez is at least a top 5 RW in the world. A left footed RW  that can get you double digits in goals and assists is worth more then 35M. People need to get real. 

Guest seanfox778

I've come to terms with the fact that Mahrez won't be with us next season but I'd feel pretty sick seeing him run around in a Spurs shirt.

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What's his problem then? 

Explain in the lack of effort and commitment he's shown, typified by the Man U game where it could be seen that he was shirking challenges, or backing out of what should have been 50 / 50 tackles.

One of the national press,in a match report said he wouldn't have need a shower after the game ffs, so it's not just me! 

If I say, 'it appears' like he doesn't want to be here, that may be more to your liking? 

I don't think anyone in all honesty believes that Mahrez has been flat out all season, notwithstanding the same can be applied to others within the squad.

1- he was never a player that goes for challenges, even last year .

2- can't defend him on the man u match. He went missing

3-I think the effort is a team problem. Last season every one pressed, but not this season

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I mean we will sell him for a pittance because we are idiots.

I think you're needlessly fretting.

Mahrez is the most valuable African player apart from perhaps Aubameyang (supposedly worth 60 odd million).

If Mahrez continues his CL form then he'll go for a fortune.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yannick Bolasie went for 30m.

Mahrez is worth 45+m every day of the week.

Also we've seen time and time again the ability of Mahrez, you don't just fluke those kind of things. 

He's been awful this season for whatever reason but there's a genuine world class player in there potentially for sure.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Also we've seen time and time again the ability of Mahrez, you don't just fluke those kind of things. 

He's been awful this season for whatever reason but there's a genuine world class player in there potentially for sure.

I wouldn't say that his performances have been awful. I just think he's been too easy to mark because this side does not have any other threats.

Put Mahrez in Arsenal's side and he'll shine big time IMO. If I were an Arsenal fan I'd be begging Wenger to sign him.

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pogba went for £100m, Kante went for £30m. Whats your point? Its Leicester.

One had a release clause, the other didn't, or was a lot higher. You're having a laugh if you don't think he's even worth £25m. Do you think Hazard was worth less than £25m last summer after he had a shocking season? No, he would have been at least double that because of the form he had shown previously. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we can't have players on £100,000 a week wages in the championship! 

For a season we could take a hit on one or two, as this seasons turnover would determine what we can make or lose, under ffp.

With premier league money, champions league money, pre season tournament money, plus ticket, merchandise money this season, we could afford to keep one of our top earners, and read they are supposed to have a 30% pay reduction if relegated? Don't know how true.

And given the choice I would keep him over the likes of Vardy 

21 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not sure how anyone could want this bloke to go to another English team after he proved what he can do to teams.

Short memories, last season he was easily the best player to EVER wear the City shirt.

I for one never want us to play against him when he's in a team that will play to his strengths.

Don't worry , we won't be playing against  him next  season, or  a few seasons  after that .

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

One had a release clause, the other didn't, or was a lot higher. You're having a laugh if you don't think he's even worth £25m. Do you think Hazard was worth less than £25m last summer after he had a shocking season? No, he would have been at least double that because of the form he had shown previously. 

Comparing Hazard to Mahrez at the minute is like comparing him to Michu.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Oh. The moment that mahrez killed a 40 yard long pass with his weaker foot, skinned and an elite defender and put it behind and elite keeper

I just love those two comment from reddit after he scored vs Chelsea

"

"As a neutral, that play gives me the chills. You could hear a pin drop as soon as he brings down the ball, a few oooohhh, a couple of desperate yells, and then BAM!!! FULL ON ERUPTION OF THE CROWD.

Brought a tear to my eye!"

@lgfualol is this you

"What I like about when Mahrez has the ball in a dangerous area when we're playing at the KP, is the crowd really gets quiet and you know everyone is just waiting to see what he comes up with. You can hear it for his goal against Chelsea, but there have been loads more times. Great video. This is heaven for a Leicester fan."

22 hours ago, ozleicester said:

IMO, much like the whole team, Mahrez has been "found out" other teams have studied him and the way we play, he is covered and forced in to un natural runs and unable to use  his natural talents.

He needs to up his game and make changes to the way he plays... so does the team

As long as the other midfielders or attacking players refuse to participate to the play and just wait for the ball bomb to explode, as long as there is no overlapping, you'll see him try to take on the two or three players already in charge of him. There is absolutely no movement around him, no space created and he starts his run 10 yards earlier than last year. He hasn't been found out, he has no real other options this year.

But based on what I'm reading in this thread, people would be happy to let go their only real attacking threat and probably one of the most gifted players to ever wear a City shirt. Hopefully a good, brave workhorse, who does lots of backtracking, will take his place.

Archived