Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I wouldn't say that his performances have been awful. I just think he's been too easy to mark because this side does not have any other threats.

Put Mahrez in Arsenal's side and he'll shine big time IMO. If I were an Arsenal fan I'd be begging Wenger to sign him.

That's all well and good, but surely if he's as good as you say - this season he should have been able to create chances here and there and score the odd goal? 

Ignore the 3 penalties he has converted and in the whole of the league season so far he's contributed two assists. That is shocking,

and something that flies in the face of any talk of him being 'top drawer' in a world context.

That does not happen to the top players.

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sorry I meant loyalty bonuses and signing on fee,

very lucrative when you sign a 20 plus million pound contract

“Sometimes it’s because of the structure of the contract being such that a lump sum is paid to players, providing they’re not asking to leave the club,” he explains. “That’s why so many players often leave it as a very last resort, in order to avoid losing that amount of money.”

So, despite the claims of loyalty to the club, respect for the fans, and forthrightness with the manager, it could be said that the biggest cause of modern footballers’ shyness for transfer requests is the lucrative contractual bonuses they forego by submitting one. In short, a loyalty bonus tends to be spread incrementally over a player’s contract – i.e. 20 per cent each year on a five-year deal."

I heard that the signing bonus for payet was 1 million, not sure if it is true but I didn't see any west ham fan say any thing about payet paying the club back. But I think a normal bonus and a signing are deferent. I always thought that a player gets the signing bonus on the spot

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

Oh. The moment that mahrez killed a 40 yard long pass with his weaker foot, skinned and an elite defender and put it behind and elite keeper

I just love those two comment from reddit after he scored vs Chelsea

"

"As a neutral, that play gives me the chills. You could hear a pin drop as soon as he brings down the ball, a few oooohhh, a couple of desperate yells, and then BAM!!! FULL ON ERUPTION OF THE CROWD.

Brought a tear to my eye!"

@lgfualol is this you

"What I like about when Mahrez has the ball in a dangerous area when we're playing at the KP, is the crowd really gets quiet and you know everyone is just waiting to see what he comes up with. You can hear it for his goal against Chelsea, but there have been loads more times. Great video. This is heaven for a Leicester fan."

Yeah sounds like me. I am lgfualol on there as well. Love me some Mahrez. 

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That's all well and good, but surely if he's as good as you say - this season he should have been able to create chances here and there and score the odd goal? 

Ignore the 3 penalties he has converted and in the whole of the league season so far he's contributed two assists. That is shocking,

and something that flies in the face of any talk of him being 'top drawer' in a world context.

Top players do not play is sides like the one we've got at the moment.

Mahrez is undoubtedly a top player, we'll see that next season when he's no longer here.

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

1- well, he did a little in the CL, and he is not superhuman or messi to create something out of nothing.

2- the same thing  could be said about hazard last season ( granted, hazard had more high level seasons than mahrez)

11 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

As long as the other midfielders or attacking players)refuse to participate to the attacking play, just wait for the ball bomb to explode, as long as there is no overlapping, you'll see him try to take on the two or three players already in charge of him. There is absolutely no movement around him, no space created and he starts his run 10 yards earlier than last year. He hasn't been found out, he has no real other options this year.

But based on what I'm reading in this thread, people would be happy to let go their only real attaclking threat and probably one of the most gifted players to ever wear a City shirt. Hopefully a good, brave workhorse, who does lots of backtracking, will take his place.

If that's aimed at me -

He is not doing enough in terms of effort or his play this season.  

Thats is why I have 'an axe to grind' as I'd prefer to see more from him to avoid the club being relegated.

I don't know where people's loyalties are based sometimes on this forum.

It should be our CLUB you are most concerned about, as your priority, not idolising one player like a bunch of schoolgirls at a One D gig.

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Top players do not play is sides like the one we've got at the moment.

Mahrez is undoubtedly a top player, we'll see that next season when he's no longer here.

As I said I'd prefer to see him do it now seeing as he's getting £100k a week.

You know the things I mean; passing to team mates; giving his all; give and goes; giving a shit would be a start. 

28 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Thats is why I have 'an axe to grind' as I'd prefer to see more from him to avoid the club being relegated.

It should be the club you are most concerned about, not one player. 

Nothing to do with loyalty. The club is always bigger than the players who come and go. This is valid for Mahrez as well any other player.

He's just axed for the wrong reasons. The opponent knows about his abilities and has a plan. We tactically didn't react to this and still expecting from him some magic with no support from the midfield, while having to backtrack and defend at the same time. It's absurd.

He never defended that much last year. No playmaker or flair player does it. That's not their job.

When it comes to Mahrez it just seems that he's lost a step from last season. Honestly, while he's a very good player, it seems that he suffers from the same symptoms most of our players do, which is a lack of fight. Now of course this is coming from a fan's perspective and I could be totally wrong, but from the looks of it he just doesn't have that energy anymore. I do agree with other people though that if he had better players around him he'd be a better version of himself right now. He's definitely still one of the best wingers in the Prem League imo, even if his stats don't show it at the moment.

Mahrez is just waiting for Barcelona, on his day he looks like one of the best players in the world but he just hasn't had any days this season a massive drop from last season but i would hate it if we sold him particularly to another Premier league club

Don't think Mahrez poor form is strictly down to him in any way to be fair.

When you have such shite around you - no movement, no passing, no progression, no advancing, no footballing brain then it's hard to be the best you can be.

Also, he has three men on him every game, he's marked out of it. We simply do not have any players with a similar skill-set on the pitch that would help divert the attention away from Mahrez and draw players off of his back so he never has the space to breath, the space to play. It's a shame watching him languish in this team to be honest. 

I think many consider him a bit of a sulk and a money-grabber too, but much of the media coming out of Algeria and comments from his international team-mates suggest quite the opposite. He just wants to play football, he doesn't really care where, he's incredibly humble apparently and doesn't rate himself at all. He rarely eats a proper meal too (Maybe its him kicking off about the chicken burgers!), just has bread with the boys then goes off to his room and stuffs his face with chocolate. Love that.

Guest CityFan 06

Mahrez ability in possession is excellent. If we kept possession of the ball more we'd start to see the best from him again. He works well when he is linking up with others.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It should be our CLUB you are most concerned about, as your priority, not idolising one player like a bunch of schoolgirls at a One D gig.

You're expecting too much from a player that is surrounded by a bunch of muppets. Your frustration needs to be aimed at CR for not playing to his strengths / not bringing in other quality players to compliment his ability. He's being asked to do too much due to lack of support. He's probably defended more this year than he did last year!

Don't single him out simply because his stats this season fall short of what he acheived last season. Same thing is happenening to Vardy - no support from midfield/defence = lack of opportunities to score, oh.. I know how to sort this one out - lets bench him and drain his confidence even more!

21 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

You're expecting too much from a player that is surrounded by a bunch of muppets. Your frustration needs to be aimed at CR for not playing to his strengths / not bringing in other quality players to compliment his ability. He's being asked to do too much due to lack of support. He's probably defended more this year than he did last year!

Don't single him out simply because his stats this season fall short of what he acheived last season. Same thing is happenening to Vardy - no support from midfield/defence = lack of opportunities to score, oh.. I know how to sort this one out - lets bench him and drain his confidence even more!

I understand they are all playing below par.

The point behind that your argument is that all other players are muppets  this season but he isn't? 

Im saying last season they were all  fantastic, this season they are all muppets, and he as much as anyone else is under performing, and so as far as I'm concerned has a fast pass to Muppet Central with the rest of them.

I don't see why we should allow excuses for him any more than we would the others. 

You do wonder what he thinks of his teammates at time. Traps a ball out of the air to Simpson on Sunday, Simpson,scared by the witchcraft he has just seen, boots the ball instantly haha.

In all seriousness i do think he'd benefit from a more supportive RB going forward. I'd be happy to see him behind a striker for a bit and let him roam.

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

You do wonder what he thinks of his teammates at time. Traps a ball out of the air to Simpson on Sunday, Simpson,scared by the witchcraft he has just seen, boots the ball instantly haha.

In all seriousness i do think he'd benefit from a more supportive RB going forward. I'd be happy to see him behind a striker for a bit and let him roam.

Well, he can't be blamed  for the things that he doesn't understand. lol

IMG_20170206_162408.jpg

Archived