Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Mahrez

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I understand they are all playing below par.

The point behind that your argument is that all other players are muppets  this season but he isn't? 

Im saying last season they were all  fantastic, this season they are all muppets, and he as much as anyone else is under performing, and so as far as I'm concerned has a fast pass to Muppet Central with the rest of them.

I don't see why we should allow excuses for him any more than we would the others. 

I think all other players last season bar one or two played above their level, a bit of good fortune in many respects also helped.

If Mahrez was playing for United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Barca this season, do you think he would but getting the criticism he is now, with Leic? 

He's being dragged down with the rest. 

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

Should of let him go in August, he has been an absolute disgrace recently, he should box up his player of the season awards and post them to Kante.

Ha ha .. his player of the year award ruined your life .. Cry babe cry ...

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Should of let him go in August, he has been an absolute disgrace recently, he should box up his player of the season awards and post them to Kante.

A discrace because he hasn't scored and assisted 20+ ?!? You're a discrace for being so delusional. No doubt when he scores/influences our next victory, he will be your hero once again.

10 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

A discrace because he hasn't scored and assisted 20+ ?!? You're a discrace for being so delusional. No doubt when he scores/influences our next victory, he will be your hero once again.

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

Ha ha .. his player of the year award ruined your life .. Cry babe cry ...

lollol

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Need to be play in the number 10 role, allowing Albrighton to play on the right makeing us more solid in the process.

He's are most creative player, need to be on the ball as much as possible! 

He is not a Nr 10.

Never played in that position. Not here,

not in France, not in his national team.

For good reasons.

The few times on sunday, when he appeared

in the middle of the park, he looked like

someone, who had lost his bearings.

He is a winger. Period.

He keeps being picked because in theory he is the one player that can change a game in an instant. BUT  he can also change a game adversely by being bone idol, not doing his whole job, just the bits he wants to and being generally self obsessed with his head up his own arse.  Barcelona? Your having a laugh son, nowhere near!  Sadly for us his transfer value will have shot down in value. Not worth his place in the team at the moment,  I'd sooner have Kaputska,  Gray or Albrighton who are more inclined to die for the cause. But, just maybe,  with all the current media hype and attention,  he like a couple of others, might wake up from their slumbers.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He keeps being picked because in theory he is the one player that can change a game in an instant. BUT  he can also change a game adversely by being bone idol, not doing his whole job, just the bits he wants to and being generally self obsessed with his head up his own arse.  Barcelona? Your having a laugh son, nowhere near!  Sadly for us his transfer value will have shot down in value. Not worth his place in the team at the moment,  I'd sooner have Kaputska,  Gray or Albrighton who are more inclined to die for the cause. But, just maybe,  with all the current media hype and attention,  he like a couple of others, might wake up from their slumbers.

According to TheTimes Tottenham wanted to buy him last month,

but were told to bugger off.

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

You do wonder what he thinks of his teammates at time. Traps a ball out of the air to Simpson on Sunday, Simpson,scared by the witchcraft he has just seen, boots the ball instantly haha.

In all seriousness i do think he'd benefit from a more supportive RB going forward. I'd be happy to see him behind a striker for a bit and let him roam.

Slimani

Gray Mahrez

Chilwell Ndidi Drinkwater Albrighton

Huth Amartey Morgan

Schmeichel

Three centre halves to shore up the defence and Amartey has a bit of nous on the ball for a centre half and supports Morgan and Huth with athleticism and pace.

Chilwell and Albrighton as wing backs, lots of energy and both attacking options.

Ndidi and Drinkwater holding midfielders

Gray and Mahrez a sort of roaming playmaker and inside forward role allowing the wing backs to run past and give them options and also relieves them of the defensive duties in a 4-4-2.

We should get plenty of crosses with this formation and the team is geared up to getting Slimani chances and he's lethal if we can only feed him.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Slimani

Gray Mahrez

Chilwell Ndidi Drinkwater Albrighton

Huth Amartey Morgan

Schmeichel

Three centre halves to shore up the defence and Amartey has a bit of nous on the ball for a centre half and supports Morgan and Huth with athleticism and pace.

Chilwell and Albrighton as wing backs, lots of energy and both attacking options.

Ndidi and Drinkwater holding midfielders

Gray and Mahrez a sort of roaming playmaker and inside forward role allowing the wing backs to run past and give them options and also relieves them of the defensive duties in a 4-4-2.

We should get plenty of crosses with this formation and the team is geared up to getting Slimani chances and he's lethal if we can only feed him.

Kind of like Chelsea's current set up then? 

I don't know why people think he is creative. Early last season other teams were seemingly caught unaware of how he played, run down the right and then cut in. Now, they stop him from doing that, and he doesn't know what else to do. If he were truly creative, he'd think of something else to do. Don't get me wrong, I think he has been excellent for us at times, but he needs to adapt.

6 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Am I the only one that thinks he is worth well in excess if 40m, and could possibly break the 50m barrier in today's crazy market. 

This season hasn't been good, but he quality hadn't disappeared. 

I think you are the only one yes.

Even the Algerians have disappeared. 

7 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

He is not a Nr 10.

Never played in that position. Not here,

not in France, not in his national team.

For good reasons.

The few times on sunday, when he appeared

in the middle of the park, he looked like

someone, who had lost his bearings.

He is a winger. Period.

It doesn't matter where you play him at the moment, he simply isn't interested. 

He's such a frustrating player, we all know what he's capable of...even without support...there were so many solo efforts that resulted in goals or made a goal last season and he's just not doing it. Defences early season were sticking 3 men on himn at times, they don't need to do that now as it seems he's lost all of his confidence. Still seems to be able to turn it on at a bigger stage, given his brace at ACON and his CL goals.

Can we please have our Rihad back?

22 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

But based on what I'm reading in this thread, people would be happy to let go their only real attacking threat and probably one of the most gifted players to ever wear a City shirt. Hopefully a good, brave workhorse, who does lots of backtracking, will take his place.

lol Yep. That's one thing the fan base seems to have loved a lot more since Ranieri has taken over. You see people genuinely care more about if a winger than defend and track back rather than what they can do going forwards. When it comes to full backs they're not bothered if they can attack as long as they can defend.

Archived