Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allotment-fox

Sevilla Away (taking a Child) Consent for travel form

7 posts in this topic

This may be of use

I'm taking a nephew to Sevilla and was talking to a fellow city supporter who told me of some problems he had with his Grandson on his Porto trip  he had a stroppy person at airport passport control asking for a concent form.

I looked it up as it was news to me and found a sample form on the net if this is of use to others take a look.

https://uk.tlscontact.com/bg/SOF/res/upload/ukvi-uk/Minor_Permission.pdf

Edited by allotment-fox
typo

Is this because you have different surnames?? I work in children's social care and we often provide foster carers with consent letters when they take the children overseas. Quite normal and reassuring when you think about it.

I nearly came unstuck with a similar scenario last October. I'm divorced, and was taking my children away alone to Holland for half term. Obviously with the ex's consent. But the border control bloke asked me where my written permission was. It hadn't crossed my mind that I would need it, and he did let us through eventually, but I will make sure I have it for holidays abroad this year. And we all have the same surname.

must remember to abduct a child with the same surname next time:P

56 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I nearly came unstuck with a similar scenario last October. I'm divorced, and was taking my children away alone to Holland for half term. Obviously with the ex's consent. But the border control bloke asked me where my written permission was. It hadn't crossed my mind that I would need it, and he did let us through eventually, but I will make sure I have it for holidays abroad this year. And we all have the same surname.

That's weird. So you and your kids have the same surname and a passing physical resemblance - but he questioned you????

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's weird. So you and your kids have the same surname and a passing physical resemblance - but he questioned you????

Yes he was really funny with me, he told me how over five thousand children a year are kidnapped by their parents, and wanted to see proof from my ex husband that I had his permission to take them on holiday. I still use my married name which is the same as my children's, it was only when I showed him the holiday booking and the return ferry crossing that he let us pass. Proper moment of panic!

I took my 7 year old grandson to Copenhagen he as a different surname and I did not any problems at all and we flew my gatwick.  took him to Tunisia 3 years ago his mum and sister were on a flight behind us and as we had no proof they question us and then search our cases. That was at east mids.