Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

What (if anything) would get you protesting in the streets?

I didnt attend my first protest until i was in my 40's (it was a ban live exports protest).

I never went to Uni, so im not a "lazy student",

Ive been in the workforce for 38 years, so not a good for nothing dole bludger.

Over the past 10 years ive been to dozens.. maybe 100s of protests and marches, for things like, better treatment for refugees, climate change, helping the indigenous australians, helping the homeless, anti capitalism,  etc etc etc.

Have you protested?

What could happen that would get you onto the streets?

First of all, fair play to you if you've demonstrated peacefully and done it in the correct fashion for something you believe firmly in, but I can only speak for myself as follows.

I haven't actively protested anything, but I have done charity work/fundraising for animal welfare, cancer, and the Matt Hampson Foundation.

At his moment in time, I really don't think I could see myself protesting anything in particular. From personal experience, and from what we are generally seeing currently, the people that tend to protest seem to only see things from one angle and tend to be extreme with that view. Again, from experience of talking/debating/discussing topics with people, I've found that people with an open mind on the subject to hear all sides and take in all considerations or to be open minded enough to re-evaluate their own original standpoint won't protest as they come to the same conclusion that the people doing so are more of then than not, entrenched in their view.

Just now, GazzinderFox said:

I'd be willing to protest against anything that denigrates human life to something beneath it's true worth. So abortion, euthanasia, human slavery, etc.  

Just to clarify, that's a pro-life, anti-euthanasia standpoint?

Just curious as to what you meant :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

I'd be willing to protest against anything that denigrates human life to something beneath it's true worth. So abortion, euthanasia, human slavery, etc.  

You're against both of those?

Just now, GazzinderFox said:

Sorry yes that's right, I don't think I'd be airing pro human slavery views in public. :)

lol I guessed the human slavery part, it's just the 'human life' in regards to euthanasia and abortion can be used in a different context depending on the standpoint you take.

8 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

lol I guessed the human slavery part, it's just the 'human life' in regards to euthanasia and abortion can be used in a different context depending on the standpoint you take.

:D

Me and Gazzinder have butted heads on this topic before.

2 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

Indeed :) I think that conversation finished with you saying you wanted to hold a pillow over my face while I was sleeping or something?!

How could you say that?! I'm not a monster!!

...I said lethal injection. Much faster and painless (mostly). :ph34r:

Archived