Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

What (if anything) would get you protesting in the streets?

Literally nothing. The whole idea of marching in a street with a sign makes me cringe. If I ever hear myself say something along the lines of "I'm stood hear with a quirky sign with all these great people to try and start a dialogue." I will kill myself. If there was ever something I cared about enough to protest and was unable to protest it naturally I.e avoid it, I would do so outside the scope of the law. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I can understand pro-life to some extent but what makes you anti-euthanasia? Religion?

You were not asking me but thought I'd offer my reasoning given that I am not religious in the slightest. I am against Euthanasia as to allow it would set a dangerous precedent. The argument for it picks at low hanging fruit such as people who literally spend every waking second in agony. For me I agree it's unfair to keep them alive against their will. The problem is once you allow it, after lots of time and a slippery slope someone with mild bipolar whose treatment has been seriously mismanaged will be allowed to get euthanized.

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

Junior doctor contract and general devastation of our NHS by the government. Fat lot of good it did. 

You guys were never gonna get anywhere against Hunt rhymes with ****, brave and absolutely right as you were

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Literally nothing. The whole idea of marching in a street with a sign makes me cringe. If I ever hear myself say something along the lines of "I'm stood hear with a quirky sign with all these great people to try and start a dialogue." I will kill myself. If there was ever something I cared about enough to protest and was unable to protest it naturally I.e avoid it, I would do so outside the scope of the law. 

df0983154d0106e3495dea7cb0ea1f06.jpg

9 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

First of all, fair play to you if you've demonstrated peacefully and done it in the correct fashion for something you believe firmly in, but I can only speak for myself as follows.

I haven't actively protested anything, but I have done charity work/fundraising for animal welfare, cancer, and the Matt Hampson Foundation.

At his moment in time, I really don't think I could see myself protesting anything in particular. From personal experience, and from what we are generally seeing currently, the people that tend to protest seem to only see things from one angle and tend to be extreme with that view. Again, from experience of talking/debating/discussing topics with people, I've found that people with an open mind on the subject to hear all sides and take in all considerations or to be open minded enough to re-evaluate their own original standpoint won't protest as they come to the same conclusion that the people doing so are more of then than not, entrenched in their view.

It can be the case that people are blinded by their passion and therefore not open to constructive discussion, one of the greatest losses that i feel we have in society at the moment is the inability to "discuss" anything, we seem to have been trained to have one point and not to deviate from it.

Basically "wedge politics" you are either with us, or against us... its a sad situation.

Also "the correct fashion" is a tricky one, there is currently a protest in Perth about some bushland being destroyed (im not involved and have mixed feelings about it) however, some people are chaining themselves to equipment and breaking into equipment yards. Now, this is "illegal" but given the government are sending in hundreds of police and police horses to trample and block "peaceful" protesters i can understand the protesters behaviour.

Sometimes illegal is the only option.

49 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

It can be the case that people are blinded by their passion and therefore not open to constructive discussion, one of the greatest losses that i feel we have in society at the moment is the inability to "discuss" anything, we seem to have been trained to have one point and not to deviate from it.

Basically "wedge politics" you are either with us, or against us... its a sad situation.

Also "the correct fashion" is a tricky one, there is currently a protest in Perth about some bushland being destroyed (im not involved and have mixed feelings about it) however, some people are chaining themselves to equipment and breaking into equipment yards. Now, this is "illegal" but given the government are sending in hundreds of police and police horses to trample and block "peaceful" protesters i can understand the protesters behaviour.

Sometimes illegal is the only option.

And they may well be proved to have a point when Freo port is sold to the Chinese.

57 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

And they may well be proved to have a point when Freo port is sold to the Chinese.

Ohh no, that wont happen, of course not :rolleyes:... itll be like Darwin port....100 year lease. Which, by the end of the lease.... :whistle:

Archived