Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It'll be this:

Zieler, Chilwell, Amartey, Benalouane, Wasyl, Kapustka, Albrighton, Mendy, King, Musa, Okazaki.

Albrighton plays because there is no one else.

I hope he doesn't change all 11. My team would be

Zieler

Amartey

Wague

Benalouane

Chilwell

Musa

Mendy

King

Gray

Kapustka

Okazaki

Very similar to yours but no need to rest Gray or play Wasyl whose finished at Leicester surely. Let's get Wague involved in the hope he can pressure Claudio regarding Huth and Morgan. I'd also be looking to get Ndidi and Mahrez on the field after 60 mins to stamp our authority if needs be.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I initially thought this but we've got to wait and see. If he played a lot of the mob who have been playing atrociously tomorrow, then there'd be uproar from us. Just because he's making 11 changes it doesn't mean he's making 11 more come Wednesday or then the following Monday. Perhaps he really means it, if the 11 tomorrow put in a good display I think he'll look to use the majority in the CL and PL. You watch Kapustka have a blinder tomorrow and win us the match and then he can't play on Wednesday.

I hope you are correct and what you say contains tons of logic.    If CR screws this up, I cannot see how he carry on, not that I want him to go, but this would be a very large nail in his coffin.

Fingers crossed for a good performance and good result tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

That's the only disappointment for me, I really want Leicester to win the FA Cup in my lifetime :fc: 

There are so many disappointents for me at the moment but I know what you mean.

Winning the FA Cup and staying up would completely turn this so far horrendous season around.

Winning the FA Cup should be right up on the top of our priorities as a Club as it is very unlikely that we will ever win the Premier League again. What else could realistically be better than adding the FA Cup to our honours list?

14 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Winning the FA Cup and staying up would completely turn this so far horrendous season around.

Winning the FA Cup should be right up on the top of our priorities as a Club as it is very unlikely that we will ever win the Premier League again. What else could realistically be better than adding the FA Cup to our honours list?

Exactly blue fox 72

i couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agreed ;) but I really still don't want us to be relegated without seeing any fighting spirit from the lads who did us so proud in recent history.

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I hope you are correct and what you say contains tons of logic.    If CR screws this up, I cannot see how he carry on, not that I want him to go, but this would be a very large nail in his coffin.

Fingers crossed for a good performance and good result tomorrow. 

If we lose this, based on what Mr Vic has said, it won't make a blind bit of difference to CR's tenure as manger as long as we finish 17th or better in the league.

Do we believe Mr Vic will stick to that if we get beat here along with the certain hammering in Sevilla though?

31 minutes ago, sylofox said:

wholesale changes could work. It makes it harder for millwall to match up to us. But we should know the game they will play. Then it will come down to hart and spirit. Let's just hope we turn up with both in the kit bag.

I suppose it depends on the priority. If he's accepted that certain players aren't performing and alternatives are needed, then he should really make the most of the opportunity to narrow down his options ahead of next week's games.

I thought the Derby line-up was fine so long as the outcome informed his team selection for the next few games, but as it turned out he simply returned to something which hadn't been working for quite a long while for the Swansea game. In that way, it was a missed opportunity to gain momentum with players who'd be featuring more from there on in, and kick-start the process of arriving at a new first choice eleven.

He's got a chance to put this right against Millwall, even if it means some individuals having to play three matches in nine days. He could go with a set of players which perhaps haven't had too many chances but which, equally, he thinks could displace the likes of Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy in the line-up on a longer term basis. Win, lose or draw, I hope he learns more about his first team from the game, rather than learning about a set of players who he has no real intention of fielding in a more important game.

---------------------Zieler--------------------

Wague---Amartey---Benalouane---Chilwell

Albrighton---Mendy----King----Kapustka

--------------Musa---------Okazaki-----------

Rest Gray, Ndidi for Champions League. Would have Ulloa over Okazaki but he's unavailable, therefore Musa and Okazaki up top

15 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I suppose it depends on the priority. If he's accepted that certain players aren't performing and alternatives are needed, then he should really make the most of the opportunity to narrow down his options ahead of next week's games.

I thought the Derby line-up was fine so long as the outcome informed his team selection for the next few games, but as it turned out he simply returned to something which hadn't been working for quite a long while for the Swansea game. In that way, it was a missed opportunity to gain momentum with players who'd be featuring more from there on in, and kick-start the process of arriving at a new first choice eleven.

He's got a chance to put this right against Millwall, even if it means some individuals having to play three matches in nine days. He could go with a set of players which perhaps haven't had too many chances but which, equally, he thinks could displace the likes of Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy in the line-up on a longer term basis. Win, lose or draw, I hope he learns more about his first team from the game, rather than learning about a set of players who he has no real intention of fielding in a more important game.

He perhaps thought after the talks the old gaurd would step it up for Swansea. But as usual they let him down. I think that's why he come out saying he would make changes and admitted he had shown to much faith.

I hope he turns it round. Ok some of it maybe of his own doing. But the players should show him more respect over the changes we have been told he's made. He gave that squad the season of there lives. Why would you repay him the way some seem to be doing.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He perhaps thought after the talks the old gaurd would step it up for Swansea. But as usual they let him down. I think that's why he come out saying he would make changes and admitted he had shown to much faith.

I hope he turns it round. Ok some of it maybe of his own doing. But the players should show him more respect over the changes we have been told he's made. He gave that squad the season of there lives. Why would you repay him the way some seem to be doing.

I think you'd pointed out in a previous post that the one thing which we know is inexcusable is the lack of effort of some players. Now, I might say 'the real reason for this is that they've lost that belief that they're going to get on the end of the ball or win the 50/50' and so on, and I could argue that they've lost that belief as a consequence of Ranieri's actions in the summer and since. I could argue that, but to be honest I don't know it for sure. This could just be the consequence of them getting rich and famous beyond their wildest dreams, losing their drive and losing their fitness.

However, even if we don't know enough to lay the blame firmly at the manager's door, I'm not sure we can be so certain that the players are a bunch of back-stabbing little traitors either. I think we've seen enough concrete mistakes by Ranieri - not replacing Kante adequately, some questionable signings, statements which don't encourage people to look positively towards the future, a lack of opportunities for some of our harder working players, baffling tactical decisions etc. - to try not to take a side on the matter. After all, when players aren't performing the blame for that tends to lie with the boss as well as his charges.

So yeah, we know the players aren't doing enough. I don't know if the cause of that is a few swollen egos in the dressing room, or a loss of confidence, or a lack of faith as a consequence of poor managerial decisions. We know that the manager has made mistakes. I just think, when the picture is as unclear as it is, it's unwise to pick the side of the heroic players (as dreadful as they are right now) against the heroic manager, or vice versa. It just adds to the sense of disunity. Not that I'm accusing you, of course, because I loosely agree with what you're saying.

Archived