Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

It'll be a draw giving us another game we could really do without. The team I dares say will be similar to the team we started against Derby in order to allow our super 11 a chance to humiliate themselves against Sevilla. Fear not though with Liverpool coming up the Sevilla 11 will get a chance to redeem themselves by further proving their shiteness and justify their £100K. Then there'll be an FA cup replay to which we will win providing a false dawn and a forelorn hope ready to send out a team to stop us losing 20 nil on aggregate to Sevilla who will play their reserves. If by some chance we have a hope against Sevilla then UEFA will give us a crap ref anyway! 

I'd play a reserve team...players who don't deserve to be in the starting XI based on their recent performances:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Drinkwater

Mendy

Mahrez

Musa

Vardy

Slimani

Save our best players for Champions League.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

In a backwards way I hope the 2nd team think 'What's the point?!' and have a lackadaisical attitude.

No matter how well they play they won't get a chance over the 'old guard' so what's the point.

Obviously as the fans who go I don't agree with it but if I were one of the 2nd team I think i'd have this attitude at the back of my mind and Ranieri is to blame for it.

The second stringers not pulling their weight would serve no positive purpose.

As shit as the league season has been we've got 2 games now when we can forget about the baffling team selections, apathy and spineless performances in the league and concentrate on the best chance we've had at getting to an FA Cup quarter final for about 5 years.

Millwall are 6th in League One. I actually think we will win this. I know they've beaten Watford and Bournemouth but our "second" string isn't that bad. Wasilewski and Benny will pass it from the back at least.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

If we want to go through we should play our reserves. However, I want our reserves to play vs Sevilla because we might not embarrass ourselves that way.

Zieler

Amartey Wasyl Benalouane Chilwell

Albrighton King Mendy Kapustka

Ulloa Musa

Or some of our current team and then bench them vs Sevilla. Millwall is pretty much Drinkwater, Morgan, Huth and Vardy's playing level right now - might do them good.

Bang on.

We'll win simply because we seem to have drifted into some alternate paradox universe this season where everything is a reverse of last year, forwards in the FA Cup, backwards in the league.

Need to get some cohesion going. Claudio needs to pick whatever 11 he thinks is best for the remainder of the season and let them play together a bit.

Kasper

Amartey Morgan Benalouane Chilwell

Mahrez Mendy Ndidi Gray

Slimani Vardy

Think having defensive minded Mendy in midfield might free up Ndidi to carry the ball forward a bit, which he has shown to be capable of. Also want to see fullbacks supporting the attacking players and getting crosses in to Slim.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I don't think my heart is strong enough to wach that game. I'll need beer. Lots of beer.

It will be a bloodbath of epic proportion.

Ranieri post match will say we're only 6-0 down in the first leg and we need to fight and show spirit. 

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Need to get some cohesion going. Claudio needs to pick whatever 11 he thinks is best for the remainder of the season and let them play together a bit.

Kasper

Amartey Morgan Benalouane Chilwell

Mahrez Mendy Ndidi Gray

Slimani Vardy

Think having defensive minded Mendy in midfield might free up Ndidi to carry the ball forward a bit, which he has shown to be capable of. Also want to see fullbacks supporting the attacking players and getting crosses in to Slim.

I think that's about right. No point resting people for Seville, we have to try and find a way of playing that carries some threat. Pointless playing Drinky at the moment as he is completely out of form. Arguably Vardy too but the only option would  be Musa, who doesn't do much for me either.

god what a mess

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Lineker has tweeted pretty prolifically that playing Saturday and Wednesday is doable as a pro.  Playing 70 games without a break is not thought.  Team needs to be a balance of those who need to play to get back form and those who need to be dropped.  A good performance against Millwall by some of the starting XI will hopefully wake them up.  If I was the manager (bit scared to say Ranieri any more), that's what I would do.  If we lose and big names don't turn up, that's there chance gone. I'd tell them, turn up against Millwall or you don't get picked for Sevilla.

Starting XI:

Schmeichel

Amartey (would prefer him at CB but Simpson woeful)

Benny

Morgan (yes, Morgan)

Chilwell

Mahrez

King

Ndidi

Gray

Slimani 

Vardy 

Subs:

Kapi

Was

Simpson

Musa

Zieler

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Nearly agree; I'd just have Musa in for Vardy.

Opportunity to play the same 'new look' team against Millwall and then reflect before Savilla and L'Pool. Key match is Hull, so three games to try something new(ish), and give the rusty 'B' team players a proper run out. Not dead yet.

30 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'd honestly swap a win against Milwall for an away win in the League. People, we're fvcking going down. Screw the Cup. If we stay up, another chance will come.

The two things aren't connected.

We rested the team Wednesday night so they were all fresh for today.

Look what happened.

Archived