Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

Kasper
Amartey, Benny, Was, Chilwell
Kaputska, N'Didi, Mendy, Gray
Slim, Vardy

I'd drop the 'normal back 4' - they've been shite.
Drinky looks lost / knackered.  Genuinely think he needs a rest.  
I still think Vardy will have a good run of form this season - he needs a goal to spark his confidence and (surely) his best opportunity right now is against a team like Millwall?!?!
I'd definitely start Slim to add some aggression up front.

Assuming we're winning the game, I'd bring on Wes & Huth to get them into a winning team.  It's massively important for them to feel part of a successful team, even for a small spell.  Probably the same with Mahrez.  

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Musa King Kaputska Mahrez

Fuchs Benalouane Wasilewski Amartey

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Gray Drinkwater Mendy Ndidi Albrighton

Chilwell Huth Morgan Simpson

Schmeichel

Just now, Gerard said:

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

mahrez and albrighton on the wings for sevilla imo. gray will ruin our defensive shape. when mahrez is up for it & i presume he will be because its the CL, he tracks back well.

17 hours ago, London 'Wall said:

Millwall side of things as posted on that other thread.

We are on an eleven match unbeaten run, that sounds very good however it is in a s**t league and we haven’t been playing particularly well, lots of draws in there . Manager Neil Harris our ex player legend has us sitting deep, conceding ground with a lot of hoof ball, effective to a point, a bit frustrating when a lot of us believe we have players that can play a bit.   That said we did take care of both Bournmuff and Watford, even if it wasn’t their first string  side.

After being relegated Harris actually did a fine job in tidying up the mess left by Holloway, getting rid of 16 odd players and turning to free transfers and the youth, as we say at least we got our Millwall back.  Holloway is a despised figure down our way, he spent a lot of money on wages and useless wage thief players that did nothing for us, and then took a million quid to f**k off.

Just to put that million quid into context, how much money have Millwall spent on transfers in the last 10 years, going on 11 now? A shade under 1.5 million, that’s spent on transfers not net,  just spent. So less than £150,000 a year, what some players earn in a week, not complaining here, its just how it is.

We're not particularly fond of him up our way either- he's the only manager to ever take us down to the third tier.

The media love him because he's funny in interviews- it's not funny at all when you're getting beat every week though.

15 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Old Hollowhead I think the Plymouth fans used to call him lol 

Was that after they stopped crying about us taking him off them?

Christ, some of the clubs we bickered with before we got promoted again- Plymouth, Blackpool, Bristol City, Hull.... Grim times.

37 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

mahrez and albrighton on the wings for sevilla imo. gray will ruin our defensive shape. when mahrez is up for it & i presume he will be because its the CL, he tracks back well.

To be fair to Gray, his tracking back has increased drastically. Against Derby he was still tracking back in the 115th minute!

I wouldn't have Albrighton anywhere near the starting XI at the moment. He's been very poor. I think we could start both Gray and Mahrez now they both actually help out the fullbacks. If not I'd have Musa ahead of Albrighton. 

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

Although there are changes I would make to those line ups, I like what you've done by splitting Mahrez and Vardy, and put Slimani in with Mahrez ;)

21 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Was that after they stopped crying about us taking him off them?

Christ, some of the clubs we bickered with before we got promoted again- Plymouth, Blackpool, Bristol City, Hull.... Grim times.

Yes that was it

exactly, bloody petty when you think about it lol

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

We're not particularly fond of him up our way either- he's the only manager to ever take us down to the third tier.

The media love him because he's funny in interviews- it's not funny at all when you're getting beat every week though.

I'd forgotten he was at Leicester. To be honest when he was appointed I thought it might be a good fit, a bit left-field, us unfashionable and he had got two teams promoted, he did keep us up that first 1/2 a season.

The following season apart from his acquisitions that were failing, his constant changing of tactics and players meant no one really knew  what they were doing. We had played two away games Charlton and Bournmuff and got two good draws playing a back four, the next home game he went three at the back, we were 4-0 down at half time. He took off a central defender called Webster and dropped him for seven weeks. Webster is one one of our best players these days, Holloway completely ruined him at that time.

His last two home games he stayed in the dugout, understandable given what was being offered up from the crowd.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

Some of them players have similar names to some of our players.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

That midfield looks far too lightweight for what is bound to be a physical battle against Millwall.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

[..]

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

You'd bring a striker out of form and the league's crappiest pair of CB, a CM who's a ghost on the pitch and a winger whose pass forward accuracy must hoover around the 20-30%, away against one of the best teams in Europe actually? And Gray as only goal threat?

5-0 Sevilla then.

Your 4-5-1 is set up with the "not losing" rather "winning" in mind. Problem is the whole season has proven that we're not good at defending or preserving a score. Like not at all.

48 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

You'd bring a striker out of form and the league's crappiest pair of CB, a CM who's a ghost on the pitch and a winger whose pass forward accuracy must hoover around the 20-30%, away against one of the best teams in Europe actually? And Gray as only goal threat?

5-0 Sevilla then.

Your 4-5-1 is set up with the "not losing" rather "winning" in mind. Problem is the whole season has proven that we're not good at defending or preserving a score. Like not at all.

Yes, not losing is a start rather than going toe to toe. Make ourselves solid and hard to beat and hopefully Vardy can spring them on the break. If you think we're going to be anything but under the cosh here then think again.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yes, not losing is a start rather than going toe to toe. Make ourselves solid and hard to beat and hopefully Vardy can spring them on the break. If you think we're going to be anything but under the cosh here then think again.

We're not not solid and not hard. Not with that back four and that midfield. Ndidi can't plug all the holes. If we play to not lose we will get battered as always, without even putting a fight. We should go there and try to score. We have nothing to lose anymore.

I won't bet on a striker who didn't score for months while another has proven to be more than a threat. At least more than Vardy.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

We're not not solid and not hard. Not with that back four and that midfield. Ndidi can't plug all the holes. If we play to not lose we will get battered as always, without even putting a fight. We should go there and try to score. We have nothing to lose anymore.

I won't bet on a striker who didn't score for months while another has proven to be more than a threat. At least more than Vardy.

Our best chance of going through is to make the tie and low scoring affair IMO. If we go there with attitude of "we'll score one more than you" then we'll probably get a good beat down. It would nice for them to come to Leicester with the tie at least still in the balance. No harm in stifling them and having Gray and Vardy ready for the counter.

------------------Zieler------------------

Wague--Amartey--Benny--Chilwell

Albrighton--King(C)--Mendy--Kapustka

------------Ulloa----Musa------------

This is with Sevilla in mind, otherwise would have started wih Gray and N'didi.

Slimani needs to keep fit and we also need to see what Wague is like, as well as testing Amartey/Benny as a CB pairing. 

Musa gets another start as striker, to try and show why he should be considered for the remaining league games and we will need Ulloa for sure, as he can win headers and hold the ball up, better than any of our other strikers. 

Mendy gets another chance, similar to Musa, to try show why he should be considered for remaining league games and Kaputska, although on the left, gets another chance to show us something.

Millwall

Vardy

Musa  Okazaki Kaputska

King Amartey

Fuchs Benalouane Wasilewski Simpson

Zieler

Sevilla

Slimani  

Gray           Drinkwater             Mahrez

Mendy     Ndidi

Chilwell                                     Albrighton

Wague Huth Morgan

Schmeichel

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Millwall

Slimani Okazaki

Zieler

Sevilla

Vardy

Schmeichel

I read it this way: the Champions League team is a 4-3-3 formation built around Vardy with Drinkwater there to supply him. 

Archived