Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

The Pizza Industry

The Pizza Industry  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which pizza company do you tend to go to or buy from?

• Pizza Hut
    • Papa John's
    • Pizza Express
    • Dominoes
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you be willing to try out a new pizza company, if it came on the market?

• Yes
    • No - stay with what you know
    • Maybe
    • Other
  3. 3. What are the influences you have when buying a pizza?

• Brand
    • Price
    • Taste
    • Other
  4. 4. Who is the biggest target market?

• 5 - 15 years
    • 15 - 30 years
    • 30 - 50 years
    • 50 - 70 years
    • 70 - 100 years
    • No specific target market

Guest CityFan 06

Hi folks,

I've got to do some research for a college course. Would you mind voting in the polls about the Pizza Industry.

Thanks.

Pizza Hut - probably best value in terms of deals and decent topping options, but buying 1 pizza is too expensive like the other major brands in the industry individually.

Yes - if they have competitive deals for decent food and sell themselves effectively.

Other - when can't be really 'bothered' to cook anything and just want a filling meal done for you to satisfy hunger for the evening.

15-30 and 30-50 (the former more though imo).

I love Pizza Hut but fell out with the one on Aylestone Road when they were a) an hour late and tried to make us pay full whack, no apology or anything and b) were tight with the cheese portions. Cheese is the essence of the pizza FFS.

We use Dominoes mostly. Very nice, cheap pizzas.

Plus when they get things wrong they're fair and decent about it, unlike Pizza Hut. Once they forgot a couple from the original order and gave us about 6 for free. I think we saved £80 lol

Good work leaving Domino's off the list given its not pizza it's dirt.

Also, quality > price, reputation, all that nonsense.

They're all too expensive, though. The only vaguely sensibly priced pizzas are those filthy buy one get one free jobs from the kebab shop for a tenner that will probably kill you.

Pizza Hut is okay but a base price of, what, fifteen or something quid for a non-special offer large pizza? That's insane. The raw ingredients cost you **** all and they're made and delivered by minimum wage labour.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

We use Dominoes mostly. Very nice, cheap pizzas.

Plus when they get things wrong they're fair and decent about it, unlike Pizza Hut. Once they forgot a couple from the original order and gave us about 6 for free. I think we saved £80 lol

Dominoes cheap?!? You can get much better pizzas on a buy one get one free deal from most independent pizza places. Basically Dominoes is crap expensive pizza.

I noticed the other day that Morrison's have introduced a "build your own" pizza station in their store in Newcastle. The lady said they were slowly rolling these out across all stores with the refurbishments so not sure if this is in the midlands or not?

Asda have dominated this market in the past. I noticed Morrison's were a little methodical in the making of the pizzas, they used cheese out of a small blue bag that had the exact right amount in it whereas Asda go berserk with their manual cheese shenanigans that sees them applying it right left and centre at the beginning and the end with no care for portion sizes. Get the right staff member and you're looking at a mountain of cheese in Asda, yum.  

£3.50 for a stuffed crust 10" in the supermaket that you make yourself with the garlic oil is just unbelievable value IMO. especially at Asda!

Not sure if you've ever watched the pizza show on YouTube by the guys at vice but its absolutely brilliant. I'll put a link in from an episode all about the big chains, how they own the market over smaller vendors and also what the future holds for new technologies i.e. vans that cook the pizza en route.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Dominoes cheap?!? You can get much better pizzas on a buy one get one free deal from most independent pizza places. Basically Dominoes is crap expensive pizza.

If you use them regular you always get a menu with something like 40% off.

I'd rather have a Pizza Hut, but the delivery ones we get are crap compared to those in store so don't bother.

Ones from chip shops and kebab shops are usually gross so gave up on them long ago.

11 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Hi folks,

I've got to do some research for a college course. Would you mind voting in the polls about the Pizza Industry.

Thanks.

Ok it's winding me up more than it should, but can you remove Just Eat as an option. It's not a takeaway, it's a collection of takeaways. You can buy Papa John's from Just Eat, so how can both be options?

I tend to use independent pizza places. The big chains are very expensive for the quality you get (Quality is not even a word i could use to describe Dominoes Pizzas!)

Living in syston, i tend to either go to Roberto's or Farmhouse Pizza. Every now and then i'll try a different place on Just Eat. Almost always guaranteed to be cheaper and nicer than Pizza Hut or Dominoes. Delivered quicker and hotter too.

For an even cheaper option, theres nothing wrong with the £3.50 pizza's from the Asda deli counter

Archived