Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

The Pizza Industry

The Pizza Industry  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which pizza company do you tend to go to or buy from?

• Pizza Hut
    • Papa John's
    • Pizza Express
    • Dominoes
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you be willing to try out a new pizza company, if it came on the market?

• Yes
    • No - stay with what you know
    • Maybe
    • Other
  3. 3. What are the influences you have when buying a pizza?

• Brand
    • Price
    • Taste
    • Other
  4. 4. Who is the biggest target market?

• 5 - 15 years
    • 15 - 30 years
    • 30 - 50 years
    • 50 - 70 years
    • 70 - 100 years
    • No specific target market

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I tend to use independent pizza places. The big chains are very expensive for the quality you get (Quality is not even a word i could use to describe Dominoes Pizzas!)

Living in syston, i tend to either go to Roberto's or Farmhouse Pizza. Every now and then i'll try a different place on Just Eat. Almost always guaranteed to be cheaper and nicer than Pizza Hut or Dominoes. Delivered quicker and hotter too.

For an even cheaper option, theres nothing wrong with the £3.50 pizza's from the Asda deli counter

Think it must depend where you are, the Dominos near me is actually pretty decent. The £3.50 asda ones are ok, bit bland I think sometimes.

Speaking of Dominos... anyone see the picture of them buying wedges from asda for £1 a huge pack. Obviously then selling them on for £4 a go lol I bought the Asda ones as a test, and they really are about the same.

I avoid the chain pizza places, they're just a rip off for things like quality and choice and taste. mass produced, pre-prepared ingredients delivered in boxes to the shop then made up into pizza.

For me, in Hinckley it's Ponchinello's every time.

Plus if you want to give Sarah Willingham even more money, go ahead.

Pizza is dirt cheap here in canada but i remember the time i was headed to dominos to pickup my order and an employee pulls out this large 2 foot by 2 foot Tupper ware looking container and you could see like 12 balls of dough (1 per pizza) in it. There was no lid on it (clearly) and he pulled it out the back of his car (it wasnt a dominos car either). Wtf.

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Think it must depend where you are, the Dominos near me is actually pretty decent. The £3.50 asda ones are ok, bit bland I think sometimes.

Speaking of Dominos... anyone see the picture of them buying wedges from asda for £1 a huge pack. Obviously then selling them on for £4 a go lol I bought the Asda ones as a test, and they really are about the same.

I don't understand why that caused such an uproar. Dominos obviously don't make their own wedges in store so they have to buy them from somewhere, same goes with all their ingredients. 

4 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I don't understand why that caused such an uproar. Dominos obviously don't make their own wedges in store so they have to buy them from somewhere, same goes with all their ingredients. 

I think it's because people presumed they were supplied direct from Dominos head office, rather than anyone just being able to buy them off the shelf. They most probably are usually direct from head office and they only bought them as they'd ran out and wouldn't get a new delivery until the next day or something.

23 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I avoid the chain pizza places, they're just a rip off for things like quality and choice and taste. mass produced, pre-prepared ingredients delivered in boxes to the shop then made up into pizza.

:cool: - there is no better (around Hinckley)

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think it's because people presumed they were supplied direct from Dominos head office, rather than anyone just being able to buy them off the shelf. They most probably are usually direct from head office and they only bought them as they'd ran out and wouldn't get a new delivery until the next day or something.

Yeah, but i bet the £1 Asda wedges are still better quality than the standard ones usually sent from Head Office

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Pizza is dirt cheap here in canada but i remember the time i was headed to dominos to pickup my order and an employee pulls out this large 2 foot by 2 foot Tupper ware looking container and you could see like 12 balls of dough (1 per pizza) in it. There was no lid on it (clearly) and he pulled it out the back of his car (it wasnt a dominos car either). Wtf.

Thanks for ruining Dominos for me! ;)

I find them hit or miss anyway, as with all the chain places. Price is the main draw.

I'd like to try Papa Johns, but there's not one near me.

I guess you guys don't have Pizza Pizza and for that you're lucky.

I have an independent pizza place close by me. Few bucks more, but well worth it.

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

What toppings you buying? You could eat pizza every day for two weeks with £20.

Quality ham

Fresh prawns

Serrano ham

Chicken

Mozarrella

Sweet corn

Fresh tomatoes

Decent cheese

Parmesan

Bacon

And never scrimp on toppings.  Usually make 4 big pizzas which lasts atleast 2 days

The dough is freshly made and cheap.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Plus if you want to give Sarah Willingham even more money, go ahead.

Family friends of mine they are, I worked in there as a youth. Class pizzas even though they changed hands and then it was saved when the family bought it back. Pizzas are too small though, I often have 3 per sitting.

How do we know what the target market is? I'd say Pizza Hut is more family orientated compared to most others? So therefore target market is a totally different age (or various ages) compared to Dominos who are perhaps more for students? I don't think all of us work in marketing departments for pizza companies lol 

Anyway, my votes:

Dominos & Pizza Express usually. 

Maybe a new pizza company. Surely depends on what they'd offer? You can't really say yes or no surely unless you're stringent on sticking to one current brand or totally hate what current brands offer?

Taste comes first for influences. Then price. Not bothered about reputation unless it's from a place which is notoriously unhygienic (not that I check, to be honest)

Pizza Hut, Domino's and Pizza Express are all beautiful, that is all.

Edit: Also it's a pretty sad indictment on humanity that apparently more people are influenced by the company's reputation than what it actually tastes like.

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Pizza Hut, Domino's and Pizza Express are all beautiful, that is all.

Edit: Also it's a pretty sad indictment on humanity that apparently more people are influenced by the company's reputation than what it actually tastes like.

Surely reputation is word of mouth, if ten people tell me Pizza Hut is great and Papa Johns is shit, which am I more likely to try? If you don't know what it tastes like then reputation is obviously important.

16 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Surely reputation is word of mouth, if ten people tell me Pizza Hut is great and Papa Johns is shit, which am I more likely to try? If you don't know what it tastes like then reputation is obviously important.

Depends who tells me.

Hundreds of little povo twelve year olds could tell me a cheeky nandos was peng munch and I'd still not be tempted.

Archived