Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

The iffy restaurants thread

When I lived in Glenfield (Frith Drive), after school sometimes had a takeaway from Glenfield Fish Bar. Didn't mind about food quality as a youngster and preferred food from there compared to other fish bars (though nothing can beat Grimsby Fisheries near Victoria Park).

Golden Orient wasn't too bad either.

The Forge (still is quite a few people I know) was normally a relaxed place to go for good-quality meals, but The Railway pub had a lot to be desired for.

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

When I lived in Glenfield (Frith Drive), after school sometimes had a takeaway from Glenfield Fish Bar. Didn't mind about food quality as a youngster and preferred food from there compared to other fish bars (though nothing can beat Grimsby Fisheries near Victoria Park).

Golden Orient wasn't too bad either.

Golden Orient is lovely 

51 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

Literally live opposite sands, was in there most weekends, gutted it's closed down

Will still be going back when it opens 

48 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Same here I live not far from there and it was always nice.

What was your favourite dish ...     Cockroach tikka masala ? .....      :revenge:

3 hours ago, Firegrande said:

Literally live opposite sands, was in there most weekends, gutted it's closed down

Will still be going back when it opens 

3 hours ago, Firegrande said:

Golden Orient is lovely 

After seeing the shit that you regard as good food (in the other thread), I hope you'll understand if I don't follow your recommendation.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

San Carlo - currently ZERO rated

Terra Cotta - currently ZERO rated

Mayland in town hall square - 4 rated.

Poor old Maryland getting a bad rep...

Iirc, zero CAN (not always) mean that they've just not submitted the required documents to get their rating... 

Doesn't mean they're any good though lol

Oh good old Maryland. I remember the days at college, going in at lunch, 2 chicken burgers, chips and a drink for two quid. 

Then having to run out of an ICT lesson as you're touching cloth.

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Oh good old Maryland. I remember the days at college, going in at lunch, 2 chicken burgers, chips and a drink for two quid. 

Then having to run out of an ICT lesson as you're touching cloth.

Thats if you've not thrown up before digestation has taken place.

Archived