Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox42

Mark Clattenburg

8 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Quitting premier league for Saudi Arabia,thought I had seen it all but now then men in the middle are as greedy as our players 

Greedy?

He's not holding anyone to ransom.... .Just after a bumper pay cheaque.

aren't we all...

he was offered a better job and took it. 

I think for all the jokes people make he is a very good referee who is very well thought of (hence him getting the top games) he of course, makes mistakes, but in general is very good. Also I think while we feel the standard of refeering is poor here it is very well thought of around the world so no surprise to see him snapped up and fair play to him, I doubt many of us would turn this down

Refs don't make it easy for themselves at times but its a horrible job and I don't know why anyone would want to do it. Don't blame if he's had enough, bad for the Premier League and the FA though if they're leading ref would rather work in Saudi Arabia than for them anymore.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Greedy?

He's not holding anyone to ransom.... .Just after a bumper pay cheaque.

aren't we all...

he was offered a better job and took it. 

Bigger paycheck but a better job?

He has to live in Saudi Arabia

22 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Bigger paycheck but a better job?

17 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Hope his wife likes being treated like a second class citizen

He's divorced apparently, so no concerns on that front.

And he'll be treated like royalty in Saudi I'd have thought. As long as he's not gay or a drug dealer, he should avoid having his head chopped off...

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If someone offered you a 500% pay rise to do the same job would you turn it down? 

I wouldn't move to Saudi Arabia full stop,

the best ref in the world reffing in the best league in the world,

moves to a country where sport is a thousand times more corrupt than here,

money talks but Saudi Arabia:unsure:

If one of our players moved there You would be cursing them,not going on about a better financial offer

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Bigger pay cheque but a better job?

These things do exist!

He'll probably live a life of luxury there and no doubt he'll live in an area with other westerners there there is a higher tolerance lvl of western practises. ( even some of the hotels for westerners serve alcohol! lol).  Besides, its not all year round so he could still be nipping back to good old blighty for several months in the year.... I do hope, like you said though that his wife is treated respectfully.. But, in all honesty, if you're going to take  a job in a place like Saudi Arabia, you cant complain about the conditions there - its not like no one knows about how women are treated there ( disgraceful as it is), but no one is forcing him to go...

Archived