Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CollinsLCFC

Scariest Horror Games you have played.

I downloaded Outlast when it was on Games with Gold only start playing the other night. Absolutely shat my pants. They really nailed the jumpy parts

Original Resident Evil came out when I was 10, that was pretty scary for the time

I played Nightbreed on the Amiga when I was about 5 and could believe how scary it was... (looks absolutely ridiculous now)

21 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Resident Evil 7 on the PSVR

Only game ever that's genuinely scared me, it's just not the same playing on a normal tv though

That nightbreed game I can remember giving me nightmares when I was about 6 lol

I don't even want to imagine playing RE7 on VR. I love horror films/ games but ive constantly got goosebumps playing it normally.

Outlast was a bastard as well lol.

The Original Dead Space aside I aint played anything intimidating for a very very long time. Obviously the classics are Resi before it decided it wanted to be Gears of War and Silent Hill. And Yes I think you'd have to hate yourself a little bit to play anything like that in VR. 

Until Dawn had it's erie moments I guess. The Evil Within was supposed to be graphic but pretty average but I never played it. 

29 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The Original Dead Space aside I aint played anything intimidating for a very very long time. Obviously the classics are Resi before it decided it wanted to be Gears of War and Silent Hill. And Yes I think you'd have to hate yourself a little bit to play anything like that in VR. 

Until Dawn had it's erie moments I guess. The Evil Within was supposed to be graphic but pretty average but I never played it. 

Until Dawn was decent, wish I had replayed again after murdering every character bar 1.

Growing up, Maniac Mansion was of the rather spooky kind. Same goes for the original LucasArts Indiana Jones adventure games. Speaking of PC games, the first Max Payne was also a revelation because of its narrative, the movie-like structure and the dark, lonely backdrop.

The original Resident Evil (on PSOne) gave me a very good amount of scares, especially when you approach it without consulting a walkthrough first, it's nerve-racking. Great timing, great characters, great scripting.

Parasite Eve is another early gem. Followed by the original Silent Hill.

In recent years, Alan Wake and Dead Space surely stick out. But I thought some parts of Mass Effect 3 were also brilliantly creepy.

Other than that, Resident Evil 7 is really awesome, generates so much suspense through the clever use of music, sound effects and the first-person perspective.

Archived