Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Most interesting periods of history

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think the 20th century would have to be the most interesting in history. Has there ever been so much change in just 100 years before?

The acceleration of technology and the results of applying it, both good and bad, definitely bear this out.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think the 20th century would have to be the most interesting in history. Has there ever been so much change in just 100 years before?

I was saying that to my father shortly before he died.

Born in 1923, his generation saw the invention of everything that we take for granted.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

The acceleration of technology and the results of applying it, both good and bad, definitely bear this out.

My dad's step dad used to say he'd gone from gas lamps to seeing a man on the moon. It's amazing how far we've come.

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I would argue the 19th could compete . The changes in Britain from 1801 to 1899 were incredible.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think the 20th century would have t $o be the most interesting i/n history. Has there ever been so much change in just 100 years before?

The most diverse, and Rapid developeMent in many fields and areas.Without doubt.., but what wll people be saying in 500-1000yrs.??

Not forgetting the unknown, undiscovered times in the history of ancients.

Where many finds, show the maybes and thoughts, that many social/technical discovereries and developement were made,

Then lost, disppeared and forgotten, somewhere in the mists of controversies, of time and denied disgarded History.

For me, my favourite bit of history is one of the most overlooked in our schools.

From the start of the Dark Ages to the Acts of Union. How we actually came to be the United Kingdom.

Crazy that after the Romans left our little island was home to stacks of self proclaimed princes and kings from three or four different language groups and cultures.

I appreciate it's called the dark ages because we lack a lot of recorded history but even what we do know is more interesting than hours of learning about the industrial ****ing revolution.

Archived