Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Rowett would be decent. We need someone to make an instant impact, unfortunately, Claudio will at least get the Sevilla game 

He's played here before and look at birmingham, even if we did go down, it's no different to having ranieri if we did, I'd rather have up and coming Rowett than claudio that more than likely can't manage in the champ.

I can't bring myself to want him sacked. Even if we go down. I've said for ages he should get to go on his own terms and I stand by that. I do now hope his own terms are a graceful departure im the summer, regardless of whether or not we stay up. Premier League isn't that important to me. We were always going to go down eventually anyway. I do realise that puts me in a small minority. So be it. 

I still blame the players primarily for our plight this season. They have a lot to be ashamed of. But the team that started today isn't a million miles off (barring the inclusion of Slimani, Mahrez and Ndidi) the one I'd be relying on in the league and they didn't even get close to doing the business today. 

Something is rotten and I no longer believe that Ranieri can fix it. I think what will happen is that we will be relegated and Ranieri will resign. Maybe that's the best we can hope for now. I'd prefer that as an outcome to us sacking the manager who led us to our only league title and being kept up by some willy puller like Alan Pardew. 

I'm beyond anger. I just feel sad about it all now.

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Managers currently out of work:

Gary Rowett
Guus Hiddink
Roberto Mancini
Marcelo Bielsa
Juande Ramos 
Frank de Boer

No club to battle with or pay compensation to, managers probably itching to get back in the game and with some decent records and top level experience.

I can assure you that Gus Hiddink is not "itching to get back into the game", far less come to Leicester. 

Time to go.

Last season was something we will all remember for as long as we will live.

But that was LAST season.

THIS season, Now we are void of ideas and motivation across the whole squad first teamers or not!

Ranieri will NOT get us out of this, any faith I had he may turn this around has now vanished after this defeat.

He looks clueless and so do ALL of our players.

Transfers and recruitment have all been shocking, whoever does the dealings should be sacked after this season!

Away form...well we all know how shocking that is with no sign of improvement.

Desire/Fight/Leaders....we have NONE.

I'm not sure who we get in, but one things for sure, stick with him till the end of the season and it's hello championship.

2 minutes ago, LJS said:

I can't bring myself to want him sacked. Even if we go down. I've said for ages he should get to go on his own terms and I stand by that. I do now hope his own terms are a graceful departure im the summer, regardless of whether or not we stay up. Premier League isn't that important to me. We were always going to go down eventually anyway. I do realise that puts me in a small minority. So be it. 

I still blame the players primarily for our plight this season. They have a lot to be ashamed of. But the team that started today isn't a million miles off (barring the inclusion of Slimani, Mahrez and Ndidi) the one I'd be relying on in the league and they didn't even get close to doing the business today. 

Something is rotten and I no longer believe that Ranieri can fix it. I think what will happen is that we will be relegated and Ranieri will resign. Maybe that's the best we can hope for now. I'd prefer that as an outcome to us sacking the manager who led us to our only league title and being kept up by some willy puller like Alan Pardew. 

I don't understand all the 'loyalty' after one amazing season? 

We are are quite happy to say last season was all down to CR but then slagging off Vardy saying he's not good enough- he hasn't had the same service this season.

Also, if players can be 'one season wonders' why can't managers? It's clear he's made many wrong decisions this season and we need a change.... NOW!!

It really is our only chance of staying in the prem and possibly securing our long term future 

He has to go now. To keep him now would be suicide for this club. Probably we have left it too late , should have sacked him before the January window to give the new manager time to get a couple of new signings in. If we had done it then we might have turned it around by now. If he stays cannot see us winning even one game in the run in!! No time to really get a good replacement in now, better if we have Shaky take over than keep Claudio "the dead man walking" Ranieri for the Sevilla game.

The collapse of this club will be studied for as many years as our amazing Premier Leaugue win!!!

Only THIS can happen to LCFC. We are in uncharted territotory even for us!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

hahahahahahaha  Ranieri can't fix it but let's keep him hahahahahahaha  

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

His own terms are ruining this club. This isn't a quick fix now. We need a complete rebuild. This is going to take years. He goes now, he caused this.

Has Linekar called him uninspiring yet?

Will he help us turn things around in the Championship, with any particularly unhappy players out of the way, is something you have to ask yourself.

Offer Walsh the management job out of desperation and exasperation?

The team will be travelling to Sevilla Tuesday.

I wouldn't want to go into that match managerless... 

See what happens Wednesday, if we get a result consider sticking, if we are destroyed then it's probably time for Claudio to go.

I've been saying since start of the year CR needs to go. 

Yes today is embarassing and is a huge opportunity missed, don't quite understand why today's result would influence the CR remain camp to change their opinions - CR has said all week he basically isn't bothered about today so why would you expect anything different from the players? 

A lot have said atleast give him champions league... be prepared for another Arsenal/Bayern result cause this shit is going to be the most embarrassing night in this clubs history. 

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

We are are quite happy to say last season was all down to CR but then slagging off Vardy saying he's not good enough- he hasn't had the same service this season.

Also, if players can be 'one season wonders' why can't managers? It's clear he's made many wrong decisions this season and we need a change.... NOW!!

It really is our only chance of staying in the prem and possibly securing our long term future 

Im not happy to say last season was all down to CR because it wasn't. Ian Holloway could have won the league with that team and been just as funny in front of the press.

16 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think last season was down to everybody. I think Ranieri has got a raw deal from many fans claiming he was lucky in inherit what Pearson put in place and have always felt that was very unfair.

Also, the evidence would suggest that Ranieri's influence was vital. His career has been one of challenging at the top end of top leagues. Our players have never been close. 

It it doesn't matter now anyway and I don't really want to get into the debate. We are where we are. I think it's more down to the players and that the manager has been let down. Others think the opposite. The reality will be somewhere in between.

Again, I'm not bothered about relegation. The club gets my support whatever league we're in. It's nice to be good and we should always enjoy such periods while they last, but I support the club because it represents my city and my people.  Anything above and beyond its simple existence is no more than window dressing.

Our long term future isn't dependent upon our place in the top flight. We'll be here one way or another and that will do for me. Again, I don't expect others to agree and I'm not seeking validation of my views. Whatever our respective takes on the detail of our current plight I think we can all agree that the disappointment we feel collectively in the players and manager who achieved so much last season is incredibly sad.

At least it's only football.

Archived