Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Has Linekar called him uninspiring yet?

Will he help us turn things around in the Championship, with any particularly unhappy players out of the way, is something you have to ask yourself.

Offer Walsh the management job out of desperation and exasperation?

I'd rather offer it to rowett and guarantee we will keep him through relegation to allow him to build the squad, Leicester would be a perfect fit for him IMO.

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

His own terms are ruining this club. This isn't a quick fix now. We need a complete rebuild. This is going to take years. He goes now, he caused this.

I don't give a shit about the Premier League. Relegation won't ruin the club. If it was the case responsibility would lie squarely with the owners for not planning properly. Leicester City, when in the top flight, will always only ever be a single bad decision away from relegation. That's the club you choose to support.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

I think last season was down to everybody. I think Ranieri has got a raw deal from many fans claiming he was lucky in inherit what Pearson put in place and have always felt that was very unfair.

Also, the evidence would suggest that Ranieri's influences was vital. His career has been one of challenging at the top end of top leagues. Our players have never been close. 

It it doesn't matter now anyway and I don't really want to get into the debate. We are where we are. I think it's more down to the players and that the manager has been let down. Others think the opposite. The reality will be somewhere in between.

Again, I'm not bothered about relegation. The club gets my support whatever league we're in. It's nice to be good and we should always enjoy such periods while they last, but I support the club because it represents my city and my people.  Anything above and beyond its simple existence is no more than window dressing.

Our long term future isn't dependent upon our place in the top flight. We'll be here one way or another and that will do for me. Again, I don't expect others to agree and I'm not seeking validation of my views. Whatever our respective takes on the detail of our current plight I think we can all agree that the disappointment we feel collectively in the players and manager who achieved so much last season is incredibly sad.

At least it's only football.

I agree with many of your points and I think we wouldn't have won the league last year with anyone apart from Claudio.

However, this season we have proved again and again that he's lost a lot of respect from the players and they aren't playing for him. We slag off the players for this but we don't know what's gone on? I'm sure many of us have worked for a boss who can be a bit of a cock and not really appreciate your 'value'.

Claudio has also historically proven that he has good starts followed by poor results and sackings- he practically relegated Athletico Madrid. Also, this group of players have proven they react well given the correct leadership, currently I don't think we have that 'correct' leadership and that's why we need a change.

No person is bigger than the club and that applies to the manager also

1 minute ago, LJS said:

You're an idiot.

I don't give a shit about the Premier League. Relegation won't ruin the club. If it was the case responsibility would lie squarely with the owners for not planning properly. Leicester City, when in the top flight, will always only ever be a single bad decision away from relegation. That's the club you choose to support.

Ironic you call @biggs an idiot.

You're happy for the club to be relegated to keep Ranieri happy.

Anybody defending the guy are kidding themselves.

Seen comments not just on here but many pundits have said it as well, if he does take us down then we should keep him just because we won the league. Chelsea won the league two season's ago, were dreadful last season and Mourinho got rightfully sacked; however just because we're Leicester City it's like we aren't allowed to do that. All that stuff is a load of crap, this is a results business, this is much much worse than two season's ago, we're getting destroyed by teams this season, we have no desire, all this mention of fight yet we as fans are not seeing it. Keeping him is a gamble, sacking him is a gamble, but I don't want him to be the one that takes us down, it would be an absolute embarrassment, we'll be the laughing stock of English Football.

He needs to go, simple as that. We need a motivator and he isn't a motivator. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same things come out of his mouth, he is officially broken.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The only question that needs to be asked is can Ranieri get us out of this mess?

If you think that answer is no then he has to go. I for one don't want the club to fall on its sword to keep Ranieri's feelings in tact.

I don't think Tony Blair could steer us through this season - and he implies he's closer to God than anyone else on Earth.    

2 minutes ago, LJS said:

You're an idiot.

That's a weird way of looking at life generally. Yes, any club is a few bad decisions away from relegation I.e Leeds United but doesn't make it acceptable. I blame every one of the idiots involved in this season. Starting with ranieri who shouldn't be wished upon any club. We are just getting relegated we are going down toothless. This is on par with Taylor/Bassett and Adams. That took us ten years to recover from and not to mention we were on the verge of going out of business once or twice. He can't manage, he needs to show bit of integrity and admit it.

27 minutes ago, LJS said:

I can't bring myself to want him sacked. Even if we go down. I've said for ages he should get to go on his own terms and I stand by that. I do now hope his own terms are a graceful departure im the summer, regardless of whether or not we stay up. Premier League isn't that important to me. We were always going to go down eventually anyway. I do realise that puts me in a small minority. So be it. 

Something is rotten and I no longer believe that Ranieri can fix it. I think what will happen is that we will be relegated and Ranieri will resign. Maybe that's the best we can hope for now. I'd prefer that as an outcome to us sacking the manager who led us to our only league title and being kept up by some willy puller like Alan Pardew. 

Nothing personal mate but I don't get this mentality at all. Why is it okay for him to take us down? There's a lot of people who seem to think Ranieri is somehow bigger than the club and that last seasons achievements make him infallible. If you think we'll go down and he'll resign anyway then surely it makes sense to end the misery now and at least give ourselves a glimmer of a chance by trying something different. Sorry, but for me, Ranieri taking us down with a whimper is not 'the best we can hope for' and saying you're not bothered about top flight football is borderline madness. Last season we got out first real taste of success in donkey's years and people are okay with us being also-rans once again? I'm bloody not and I hate this 'its our natural place' shite too - small mentality.

Apologies if that reads like a personal attack. It isn't, was just using your arguments as a starting point

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Ironic you call @biggs an idiot.

You're happy for the club to be relegated to keep Ranieri happy.

No. Ranieri's happiness is not my concern. My happiness is. I'd be happier if we, as a club, behave in a dignified manner. I value that more than performance on the pitch. 

We obviously get different things from football. Fine by me. 

The financial meltdown took us ten years to recover from, not relegation on its own. We've withstood that many times.

We are backed well enough now to survive a relegation financially. Unless the owners withdraw investment, I guess. They won't, but if they did then that's on them, not any of the players or management.

I've defended him as much as i can but there is something very wrong at the club and it needs changing asap.  

Every game we go into at the moment looks like we will concede and we won't score - the worst possible combination.

Ranieri needs to go now but I still hold the players responsible and half of them can do one in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nothing personal mate but I don't get this mentality at all. Why is it okay for him to take us down? There's a lot of people who seem to think Ranieri is somehow bigger than the club and that last seasons achievements make him infallible. If you think we'll go down and he'll resign anyway then surely it makes sense to end the misery now and at least give ourselves a glimmer of a chance by trying something different. Sorry, but for me, Ranieri taking us down with a whimper is not 'the best we can hope for' and saying you're not bothered about top flight football is borderline madness. Last season we got out first real taste of success in donkey's years and people are okay with us being also-rans once again? I'm bloody not and I hate this 'its our natural place' shite too - small mentality.

I'm not asking you to "get it". I don't care either way.

You get whatever you get from football and I'll do the same. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

The only question that needs to be asked is can Ranieri get us out of this mess?

If you think that answer is no then he has to go. I for one don't want the club to fall on its sword to keep Ranieri's feelings in tact.

That's it. Forget about last season, forget about how well he's conducted himself, let's focus on the nitty gritty. Is he the man to keep us in the premier league and take us forward? My answer is no. 

5 minutes ago, LJS said:

No. Ranieri's happiness is not my concern. My happiness is. I'd be happier if we, as a club, behave in a dignified manner. I value that more than performance on the pitch. 

We obviously get different things from football. Fine by me. 

We sacked our last manager after he kept us up in his first season of Premier League football. We've had a man convicted of assaulting his partner at right back for two seasons and a xenophobe up front for even longer. If the club was more concerned with behaving in a dignified manner than performances on the pitch then we wouldn't have won the Premier League and I doubt anyone would be happier than they are now.

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not asking you to "get it". I don't care either way.

You get whatever you get from football and I'll do the same. :thumbup:

Fair enough. If relegation genuinely doesn't bother you then I can see why you'd stick with Ranieri (not sarcastic BTW) 

1 minute ago, biggs said:

sorry you hold that title for your absurd comment. you strive for mediocrity  if you want but not me.

I could want Leicester City to be champions of the universe with all my being and it wouldn't make an iota of difference.

i save my striving for thinks I can influence I my personal life. I'm doing okay too. Football is just a hobby. The best hobby in the world, but just a hobby nonetheless.

Again; you get whatever you want from supporting us. Do it how you like. No skin off my nose.

Ranieri trying to turn around an existing team with possibly troublesome star players and Ranieri trying to turn the club around with them out of the way could be two different Ranieris. The emphasis is on could though, because I see no reason to believe this, except hope, the hope I'd have with any manager we swallow hole.

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

We sacked our last manager after he kept us up in his first season of Premier League football. We've had a man convicted of assaulting his partner at right back for two seasons and a xenophobe up front for even longer. If the club was more concerned with behaving in a dignified manner than performances on the pitch then we wouldn't have won the Premier League and I doubt anyone would be happier than they are now.

I was very disappointed when we sacked Pearson. I'd rather not have woman beaters or xenophobes at my club. I can no more influence that than I can Ranieri's status at the club. It's all just opinions. You know what they say about them.....

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That's it. Forget about last season, forget about how well he's conducted himself, let's focus on the nitty gritty. Is he the man to keep us in the premier league and take us forward? My answer is no. 

That's the most important thing, I know as fans we love ranieri for what he's done for us, but even Claudio has said last season is over and we need to focus on the future. 

Archived