Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Should Ranieri Stay or go?

Ranieri confidence poll post millwall pre sevilla  

436 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ranieri Stay or go?

• Sack him
    • Keep him

This poll is closed to new votes

he played the teams successes down from the start of the season. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him even mention relegation ???   It's bad enough hearing that little scouse tw@ Owen talking of relegation but to hear your own manager saying it must transmit down,,, 

when he came in at the start of the season before he must have boosted there egos and hyped them up so much they ran through walls and after the regime that was Pearson they played with the brakes off . he just got lucky with what he inherited ,, really lucky 

also 47 mil for salami and musa was ridiculous... To think you could have bought Shane long and Andy Carroll for less the blokes a **** 

Just now, bob gregory said:

he played the teams successes down from the start of the season. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him even mention relegation ???   It's bad enough hearing that little scouse tw@ Owen talking of relegation but to hear your own manager saying it must transmit down,,, 

when he came in at the start of the season before he must have boosted there egos and hyped them up so much they ran through walls and after the regime that was Pearson they played with the brakes off . he just got lucky with what he inherited ,, really lucky 

also 47 mil for salami and musa was ridiculous... To think you could have bought Shane long and Andy Carroll for less the blokes a **** 

I think Slimani will bang goals in if we start playing to his strengths to be fair, Musa has massive potential but not sure we will ever be a team he can thrive at, can see him going to italy and scoring goals 

He's lost the plot. Post match getting his excuses in for dropping Benalouane - he's tired, it's only his second game - absolute bullshit. Leaving Okazaki and Musa on today was shambolic. Same old bollocks after every game = nothing changes. He's been part of our history but needs to walk now before we lose hope of staying up, it's going to be an absolute disaster going down with this squad of overpaid wankers. 

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think Slimani will bang goals in if we start playing to his strengths to be fair, Musa has massive potential but not sure we will ever be a team he can thrive at, can see him going to italy and scoring goals 

Well sooner he goes Italy the better

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Their right back would have never scored that goal if Gray was still on the left for us, if we're not snookering ourselves every match with the starting 11 we are by the time changes have been made.

Can't get my head around, every change last year made a positive impact. Now it's the polar opposite.

He was either the luckiest manager alive last year, and this is the real him. Or he's taken his eye off the ball like everyone else

Just now, Babylon said:

Can't get my head around, every change last year made a positive impact. Now it's the polar opposite.

He was either the luckiest manager alive last year, and this is the real him. Or he's taken his eye off the ball like everyone else

I think it's the former - I now wonder how much of last year was actually down to him.

I've often explained the need to keep perspective and remember who we are and what we should be happy with. But that was when we were still competing in some games and picking up points.

As much as winning the league is not where you are normally going to see us, we are in serious risk of witnessing our first league goal of 2017 in March (or, god forbid, even later)I've respect for the run millwall are on, but never managing to get a replay out of them when they play the lions share of the second half with 10 is not on. The current situations we found ourselves in especially in regards to our 2017 form are not "us being back where we belong" it's unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Luckiest Italian since ?????

At the start of the Millwall game there appeared to be a few things going right for us, Wague and Beneloune looked a reasonable alternative to the shower of sh1t that we've been watching week in week out, Kaputska deliverd some nice work (would like to have seen Ndidi instead of King alongside), Gray was offering up some decent work, Musa was absolute sh1te (but fast absolute sh1te). I thought Okazaki was totally out of his depth and even posted that I'd prefer to see Vardy in his place. Millwall lost a player and manned up to compensate, we lost a player (for me our MOM) in Wague, and what does Ranieri do? makes the biggest fcuk up of substitutions that I can recall since Peter Taylor versus Middlesborough when we were 1-0 up.

Please Ranieri, fcuk off NOW and don't look back, go live with your mum and let her help you through what will be a difficult early retirement., go on, fcuking go.

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I've often explained the need to keep perspective and remember who we are and what we should be happy with. But that was when we were still competing in some games and picking up points.

As much as winning the league is not where you are normally going to see us, we are in serious risk of witnessing our first league goal of 2017 in March (or, god forbid, even later)I've respect for the run millwall are on, but never managing to get a replay out of them when they play the lions share of the second half with 10 is not on. The current situations we found ourselves in especially in regards to our 2017 form are not "us being back where we belong" it's unacceptable.

Stay or go?

Guys, captains normally shoot mutineers! On a serious note, if we're related twice, again, and King stays with us, we'll cherish that momentous achievement, again, right, by singing Helter Skelter by The Beatles? If Ranieri has completely lost the dressing room, and this won't change in the Championship, even with many different players, then he'd have to go, but I have no idea if that's so. Just offer Walsh all our money to come back.

21 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Stay or go?

As said elsewhere I wouldn't be sorry to see him go and Rowett given a shot. Still hard to be too vocal about that due to his previous exploits, I want to give him till after hull but a sinking feeling it'll be too late if we do that.....but he's gonna get that long so just pray he turns it around.

Did anyone really expect anything different today? Especially when Millwall went down to 10 men I knew we was going to lose 1-0. 

CR basically complained about having another game after beating Derby and this week talking down the competition priority - this 100% rubs off onto the squad. I still think it's the same with CR playing down the squad in the summer, it's all seen as light hearted humour in the summer and last season when everything was going right but let's be honest, he is dealing with a different squad to the one he inherited, these players had just won the league, would you really want your manager labelling you as being fortunate / back to being a relegation side. Yes some will say it's just in the public to 'take the pressure off the players' but personally don't agree with it and think it allows bad feelings / poor motivation no matter what is said supponsingly in private/ dressing room. 

33 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Did anyone really expect anything different today? Especially when Millwall went down to 10 men I knew we was going to lose 1-0. 

CR basically complained about having another game after beating Derby and this week talking down the competition priority - this 100% rubs off onto the squad. I still think it's the same with CR playing down the squad in the summer, it's all seen as light hearted humour in the summer and last season when everything was going right but let's be honest, he is dealing with a different squad to the one he inherited, these players had just won the league, would you really want your manager labelling you as being fortunate / back to being a relegation side. Yes some will say it's just in the public to 'take the pressure off the players' but personally don't agree with it and think it allows bad feelings / poor motivation no matter what is said supponsingly in private/ dressing room. 

He won the premier league and the season after he plays for 40 points. Even if it was realistically impossible to match last season, he could have played for the top ten. Keep the players hungry, give them a real objective. Don't let them rest on their laurels and satisfied to return to obscurity. His lack of ambition killed the team's motivation.

19 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He won the premier league and the season after he plays for 40 points the season after. Even if it was realistically impossible to match last season, he could have played for the top ten. Keep the players hungry, give them a real objective. Don't let them rest on their laurels and satisfied to return to obscurity. His lack of ambition killed the team's motivation.

True. We knew we wasn't going to win the league again but just to hear abit of an ambition coming out of the club picks the whole place up from fans all the way to players

Agree with these posts.I was also worried we could lose this even with Millwall down to 10 men you just know the mental strength and leadership is waning and the reverse psychology of going down a player.

Substituting an in form player and leaving a struggling striker on and not risking Mahrez did not exactly help the cause or send out a positive message.There may be valid reasons but the run of games can perhaps lead to over thinking tactics and selection. Claudio if he is to continue has to concentrate on winning one game at a time and stop sending out mixed messages or confusing the players and supporters.

As the confidence poll says post Millwall pre Sevilla I put keep him because I don't think it makes any sense to make the change between the two games seeing as the Champions League is the one competition we've performed well in this season. However, assuming the highly likely scenario occurs and we are totally battered in Sevilla then it does become hard to defend him. One point, I've been to about a third of games this season (was there today and going Sevilla Wednesday) and it feels the opinion of Ranieri differs massively when actually at the games in comparison to what I read on here. I've heard his name chanted by a decent proportion every game I've been to this season and even today his name was sung before and during the match. Don't get me wrong, not everyone sings along and you do hear criticism of him but, when you consider that anyone who defends Ranieri on here is marked a total idiot, it does show a totally different attitude towards the man. Anyone else have a similar experience to this and, if so, why do you think this is?

10 minutes ago, Chown said:

As the confidence poll says post Millwall pre Sevilla I put keep him because I don't think it makes any sense to make the change between the two games seeing as the Champions League is the one competition we've performed well in this season. However, assuming the highly likely scenario occurs and we are totally battered in Sevilla then it does become hard to defend him. One point, I've been to about a third of games this season (was there today and going Sevilla Wednesday) and it feels the opinion of Ranieri differs massively when actually at the games in comparison to what I read on here. I've heard his name chanted by a decent proportion every game I've been to this season and even today his name was sung before and during the match. Don't get me wrong, not everyone sings along and you do hear criticism of him but, when you consider that anyone who defends Ranieri on here is marked a total idiot as deluded, it does show a totally different attitude towards the man. Anyone else have a similar experience to this and, if so, why do you think this is?

Fixed.

Archived