Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Just now, Facecloth said:

Tbh I think you've had more heated rows with Webbo when he blatantly misses the point of your post to evoke a reaction.

Precisely, but I like to think we're still bffs.  I'd lay off the calls to ban Thrac, everyone has the right to an opinion and there's no law against being argumentative (least I hope not cause I'm screwed otherwise).

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Means to an end isn't. He a twat, but he's their twat. He's doing what they want, they don't care how he goes about it. Same with Farage and UKIP.

Yeah I suppose being on the winning team is pretty important.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

What's the point of being alarmed, nothing we can do about it?

What a stupid comment. I'm alarmed at Leicester's form, there's nothing I can do about that. I'm alarmed about how fast people drive in residential areas, the lack of funding to the NHS, Brexit, obesity levels, and many more things, and I can't do anything about them either, but I can still be alarmed at them.

• Like 2

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

The same reason everyone's alarmed about City's performances - it's a natural reaction to witnessing something not good.

No point worrying about things you can't alter.

Just now, Webbo said:

No point worrying about things you can't alter.

I swear that's like the 20th time you've tried trolling me with that one.  Get some new lines Webbs. :D

This whole 'fake news' thing is perhaps the most disturbing thing about his presidency so far:  The way he's completely undermined the news media and got a lot of his supporters believing that what they see on TV is all lies which means that Trump can tell them whatever he likes and they'll blindly accept it.  It's terrifying for very obvious Orwellian reasons.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What's the point of being alarmed, nothing we can do about it?

Tbh I'm thinking of getting a lobotomy. City's recent form has made my mind up. Should take the edge off Leicester's relegation and a Sino-American conflict. 

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I swear that's like the 20th time you've tried trolling me with that one.  Get some new lines Webbs. :D

This whole 'fake news' thing is perhaps the most disturbing thing about his presidency so far:  The way he's completely undermined the news media and got a lot of his supporters believing that what they see on TV is all lies which means that Trump can tell them whatever he likes and they'll blindly accept it.  It's terrifying for very obvious Orwellian reasons.

Hey, that's the way I roll.

Most of the media wanted Clinton to win, it's no surprise they're gunning for him now. I have to say though he's not helping himself. His behaviour is bizarre to say the least.

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

Tbh I'm thinking of getting a lobotomy. City's recent form has made my mind up. Should take the edge off Leicester's relegation and a Sino-American conflict. 

Go for it, I've never regretted it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Does it matter what Thracian says? Nobody is forced to agree with him. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Then argue with him, civilly. People shouldn't be banned for having opinions.

That seems quite inconsistent with how you appear to feel about FIF, Webbo.

Anyway, I dispute that Thracian merely has opinions - he is a troll, which is against forum rules for good reasons.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

I don't think Thracian is a troll, he is very stubborn and opinionated. I don't always agree with him wholeheartedly but usually there are things within his sentiments I agree with. As for trump, I think if the media actually focused on the insane bullshit, instead of trying to create hysteria at every little thing, they might actually apply some pressure. Jumping up and down at every little thing he does, just helps him play the victim and it plays right into his hands.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

That seems quite inconsistent with how you appear to feel about FIF, Webbo.

Anyway, I dispute that Thracian merely has opinions - he is a troll, which is against forum rules for good reasons.

I don't have a problem with fif, we always got on before . I have the ability to ban him if I wished,. Duplicate accounts are banned so I would have cause. Anyway he denies it's him so maybe it's Moose.

As for Thracian, a troll is someone who posts to get a reaction. I don't doubt thracian believes what he says.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

The irony is that many of his electorate voted him into power because of what they read on fake news or a ten word Facebook meme.

Just now, Strokes said:

And so many voted for crooked Hilary for the same reasons.

Doubtless - but it is Trump that prevailed, it is Trump we are dicussing and he is now currently branding the legitimate press as 'fake'. A tad rich don't you think given that his victory was very much predicated upon fake news and particularly in view of the garbage that he tweets like a neurotic hysterical schoolchild.

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't have a problem with fif, we always got on before . I have the ability to ban him if I wished,. Duplicate accounts are banned so I would have cause. Anyway he denies it's him so maybe it's Moose.

Fair enough.

Moose is my guess.

As for Thracian, a troll is someone who posts to get a reaction. I don't doubt thracian believes what he says.

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

IMO, he sails so close to the wind that some of his rhetoric borders on illegality, so I get Mark's concern. The fact that some posters (myself included) find his rantings actually offensive should also enter into the equation; I seldom agree with anything you or Strokes have to say (politically) but I've never once been offended by it - indeed, you are both among my favourite people on here.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Doubtless - but it is Trump that prevailed, it is Trump we are dicussing and he is now currently branding the legitimate press as 'fake'. A tad rich don't you think given that his victory was very much predicated upon fake news and particularly in view of the garbage that he tweets like a neurotic hysterical schoolchild.

I don't think it's rich, it's his game plan to play the victim. He might seem stupid but it's very easy to do when every report over emphasise for dramatic effect.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I don't think it's rich, it's his game plan to play the victim. He might seem stupid but it's very easy to do when every report over emphasise for dramatic effect.

He doesn't seem stupid, he is stupid - he needs no additional help from any opponents in the media.