Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Favourite (British) Indian Dish.

I know Indian is a large and varied country and the dishes we eat in this country are unheard of back there, but what is your favourite Indian dish?

When I go out for a"ruby" I usually have something with prawns in it, probably a rogan josh or jalfrezi. No rice just a garlic naan.

There's a new(ish) restaurant down the road from me and I've had a chicken nariyal malai a couple of times and it's absolutely delightful. I like food quite spicy and this is perfect with the rich creamy sauce to go with it.

Always have poppadoms with mango chutney before hand and usually have the main with one naan and pilau rice.

For home-cooked Indian food (infinitely better than any restaurant and takeaway), I love chicken biryani. Very grateful to have parents who can cook amazing Indian food and cook a huge variety of Indian dishes, either veg or non-veg.

Chicken tikka pardesi is my go to order. The guy in my local Indian just asks if I want "the usual" and that's what I get.

Failing that, chicken saag.

Failing that, palak paneer.

So, for me,  it's all about the spinach....

I usually pick one of the chefs specials and it's always a lamb for me. Mushroom pilau, and I'll share a naan with the wife (her choice). Always like to have a daal, some saag aloo and some chippattis to go with. 

You can see why I've found this marathon training hard now.

7 minutes ago, Wookie said:

What's the most authentic dish you could get here Singhy?

Anywhere where the chef is from there native place, I suppose.  I rarely eat out for a curry.  

Most authentic is at a Sikh Temple, and the best thing it's free, but your choice is whatever is made that day, they make the best veggie Punjabi cuisine ever.

Archived