Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Chilwell 'scared' to take throw in

I dare say it's a horrible atmosphere at The New Den, but this sums up the mental toughness of our players at the moment.

On Saturday, it proved too much for Leicester left back Ben Chilwell who marshalled that flank in the first half. The 20-year-old, an England Under 21 international coveted by Arsenal, is supposedly one of the brightest young defenders in the country, but according to Millwall striker Steve Morison, he could not handle the onslaught of abuse.

'He was taking throw-ins and after a couple of bits of verbal he didn't want to take one,' Morison said. 'I'm not being funny, he said his fingers hurt him — come on, we're playing a game of football.

'He didn't want to take a throw-in after that. He asked the centre half to take the throw-ins in the first half. You either sink or swim when you come here. So far three Premier League teams have come here and they've sunk.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4240360/Leicester-scared-throw-FA-Cup-loss.html

Yes he does need to toughen up but I'm already fed up of this Millwall shit. You won the game, well done and enjoy it. All this "real football" and great atmosphere bollocks is getting tedious.

You'd have thought they'd lost with the way the fans reacted and now the players.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Bless him, if I was only on about £20k a week I'm not sure I would dare take one tbh.

Out of interest, what's the salary point where having lighters, coins and abuse thrown at you on a constant basis becomes a duty? The people in the wrong here are the scum down by that touchline and Morrison.

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Out of interest, what's the salary point where having lighters, coins and abuse thrown at you on a constant basis becomes a duty? The people in the wrong here are the scum down by that touchline and Morrison.

I would let people throw a lighter at me for a fraction of the cost, if anyone knows someone wanting that service PM me.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I would let people throw a lighter at me for a fraction of the cost, if anyone knows someone wanting that service PM me.

So what your saying is because they earn more money then the average person they shouldn't be treated as a human being would be treated?

Just because they earn money doesn't mean they lose emotions and the right to play without fear of injury.

Maybe Benny saw that the young lad (whatever he's earning is irrelevant) was struggling with the constant abuse he was getting from the so called football fans. So he stepped up to protect him from the toxic barrage he was getting. Mr Morrison calling him in the press very professional.(not)

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes he does need to toughen up but I'm already fed up of this Millwall shit. You won the game, well done and enjoy it. All this "real football" and great atmosphere bollocks is getting tedious.

You'd have thought they'd lost with the way the fans reacted and now the players.

Were you at the Old Den in 85 when they knocked us out the cup?

They were climbing the fences to try and get into the away end that night, after they had beaten us. lol

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

So what your saying is because they earn more money then the average person they shouldn't be treated as a human being would be treated?

Just because they earn money doesn't mean they lose emotions and the right to play without fear of injury.

What do they do then? Refuse to play? 

Did Chilwell actually get anything thrown at him? I didn't see it, I saw some Burberry neandathol bounding up the touch line after him but as a professional footballer I would expect someone to have the mental strength to blank this out and get on with the game.

Do you think the players expected a lovely reception where they were showered with petals because of last year? If they weren't properly mentally prepared that tells you everything about our approach to this season.

Zzzzzz how have Milwall suddenly become on our agenda, they're a ****ing nothing club living off their supposed hard man reputation. Well done, you beat us. And you pitch invaded getting into the FA cup quarter finals. We've got a fuvking champions league knockout game to look forward to ffs and they're celebrating knocking out Leicesters b team. Am I also the only one who doesn't really think their 'atmosphere' and 'scary ground' is true at all? Been quite a few times and it's been quite pathetic really

I saw this yesterday and couldn't understand.

There was a few shouting abuse whenever he went over to take a throw in, particularly a guy in a cap.

And then after a while he started calling Benalouane to come and take them, which made no sense as he was then leaving the CB position exposed if they intercepted.

If this is true, he really has to toughen up!

Regardless of the crowd, it's part and parcel of being a professional footballer

Archived