Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Horizon: Zero Dawn

20 hours ago, Adster said:

I think it was more Royal Mail than Amazon, as Amazon dispatched it the day before, as normal. Royal Mail lost each parcel so I had to cancel. Will not be pre-ordering with them again.

Amazon have ditched Royal Mail and have their own delivery service and that's been the case for at least over a year......dunno how long ago this incident was!

I got SF V two or three days late about this time last year, spitting feathers. In fact I sent it back as I bought it from Tesco on release day when the bloody thing didn't turn up, they were not happy, but after a nice chat about the ins and outs of advertising their goods as "guaranteed release day delivery" and it not arriving until 2/3 days after a full refund was given. Pedantic perhaps but there is no excuse now they do everything themselves and if they say day 1 deliver it on day 1, I don't use them for new games anymore, if it's an older second hand game they are good to go through but new ones I tend to just get from the shop. 

A mix of Witcher and far cry terrifies me. The witcher is my all time favourite game, and IMO the best game ever made , both technically and story wise. And Far cry is identikit bullshit merry go round franchise from ubisoft

• Like 1

Im on a course next week down in London so i'm thinking of getting a new PS4 game to play whilst down there. This may just be the game. If its a mix between The Witcher and Far Cry then sign me up. Just read a review and it sounds very similar to The Witcher in its mechanics.

Im trading games in on Friday in the slim hope that there will be a copy of Zelda on the Wii U but if not then i think this will do nicely

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Amazon have ditched Royal Mail and have their own delivery service and that's been the case for at least over a year......dunno how long ago this incident was!

I got SF V two or three days late about this time last year, spitting feathers. In fact I sent it back as I bought it from Tesco on release day when the bloody thing didn't turn up, they were not happy, but after a nice chat about the ins and outs of advertising their goods as "guaranteed release day delivery" and it not arriving until 2/3 days after a full refund was given. Pedantic perhaps but there is no excuse now they do everything themselves and if they say day 1 deliver it on day 1, I don't use them for new games anymore, if it's an older second hand game they are good to go through but new ones I tend to just get from the shop. 

Amazon still use Royal Mail, trust me. Think they only use us for standard delivery though, can't recall ever seeing a tracked next day delivery... which are usually pretty much on time. Staff certainly get a lot of grief if they fail delivery. 

23 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They haven't, I did pre-order from Amazon this game and it was delivered by Royal Mail. They finally didn't let me down this time.

41 minutes ago, Adster said:

They haven't, I did pre-order from Amazon this game and it was delivered by Royal Mail. They finally didn't let me down this time.

Now it appears they deliver a lot of their own now, but do still use Royal Mail!

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Temptation rising.............

Imagine Uncharted 4 in an open world full of robot dinosaurs and you've pretty much got this game

It looks absolutely amazing as well, especially when you start getting into the post apocalyptic world properly

It's definitely one of the better games I've played this gen

Edited by MrSpaM

9 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Imagine Uncharted 4 in an open world full of robot dinosaurs and you've pretty much got this game

It looks absolutely amazing as well, especially when you start getting into the post apocalyptic world properly

It's definitely one of the better games I've played this gen

stop teasing. I have a pile of shame i can trade in for it. but i see a PS pro in my future, so may wait on getting this game. I haven't been on the console in months

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

stop teasing. I have a pile of shame i can trade in for it. but i see a PS pro in my future, so may wait on getting this game. I haven't been on the console in months

I've been weighing up buying a pro as well, but can't find anybody who wants to buy my OG PS4, and I don't want to trade it in for peanuts somewhere

Keep trying to justify to myself how having two PS4's in the house would be a good thing lol

Probably would have taken the plunge by now if my boiler hadn't packed up a few weeks ago, real life getting in the way again!

Edited by MrSpaM

30 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can somebody say something negative about it please?

It's annoying as hell reading all the positive comments knowing that at the minute I have no time to play this game!

Only downside if you can really call it that, find myself stopping all the time to use photo mode for pictures lol

35 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

This might be the greatest game of all time tbh

Absolutely addicted. Played over 13 hours since it got delivered tuesday. Took on my first flying monster earlier, so much fun.

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Not come across them yet but scanning and seeing a Sawtooth in the distance instantly fills me with dread 

Well that dread will became alot worse with these things. They are huge, quiet capable of taking you out with 1 hit on some attacks.