Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Sevilla 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Dire first, only Schmeicel gets credit for the pen save

The second we looked a different side. Yet again DG made the world of difference coming on, Drinky and Mahrez improved significantly as the game went on. MOM Schmeicel, Musa needs to go, basically a skinny Schlupp, and less ability.

Edit, should probably give ratings: Kasper 7, Simmo 6, Morgan 3, Huth 3, Fuchs 4, Mahrez 6, Drinky 6, Ndidi 6, Albrighton 4, Musa 2, Vardy 5, DG 6, Amartey NA

Schmeichel - 9 - One of the best individual displays I've ever seen. No chance with the goals but kept us in it first half, and constantly bailed out fuchs, tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

Simpson - 6  - probably the best of our defenders, reasonably steady but struggled to hold together that side with Musa in front of him.

Morgan - 4 - stupid for the penalty, ball watching for the second, he looks a shadow of the man he was

Huth - 5 - Shocking play initially for the penalty - heading it up then bottling the 50/50. Generally a torrid time but a couple of good clearances towards the end when they got a bit of pressure

Fuchs - 4  - Nearly scored a shocking own goal, was targeted by them all game

Ndidi - 7 - Looked a bit overrun first half, second half went toe to toe with Nzonzi and didn't look out of place. At times our most promising attacker though?

Drinkwater - 7  - Absent first half and did little, second half came into it more and played some neat little links with Mahrez, more reminiscent of last season. Great ball for the goal

Musa - 4 - His decision making is dreadful, Difficult pass when a knock and run would have had him in behind at 0-0, shooting from an impossible position start of the second. Poor defending for the first as well; no pressure on the cross

Mahrez - 6 - on the periphery first half, but second he really started to get at them. More of that please.

Albrighton - 5 - Very quiet.

Vardy - 7 - good goal, hopefully will get his confidence back from that. Scraps otherwise

Subs:

Gray - 8 - swung the momentum of the game.

Amartey - not on long enough

Ranieri - 6 (stay) - sensible set up to start with although musa over gray was questionable. Good substitutions - Gray got us moving and Amartey just killed any momentum they were generating to keep it 2-1.

Sevilla - 8 - Can see why they're title chasers; went through us like a knife through butter

Ref - 8 - only complaints were a couple of soft fouls but generally didn't notice him, which is good.

42 minutes ago, the fox said:

No one deserves under a 4 (for me). Morgan musa and Albrighton a bit shaky but they will get a 5 from me. Kasper a 10 (the first of the season from me) the rest of the defense + n'didi,amartey,mahrez a 6. Vardy an 8, drinky a 7 and gray a 5.

Gray 5. You watch the game?

Schmeichel 9 - kept us in it first half.

Simpson 7 - too far upfield for second goal perhaps but best of back four and showed passion

Fuchs 5 - tried but off the pace. 

Morgan 5 - perhaps a tad generous. Idiotic penalty but not helped by idiotic play around him. 

Huth 5 - maybe a tad mean. Should have done better for second goal but got in the way as he should at times.

Ndidi 7 - struggled as was overrun at times but hung in there for a youngster.

Drinkwater 4 - first half, 7 for second half especially after goal. A confidence player. More please Danny.

Albrighton 5 - too easily shrugged off the ball and offered little

Mahrez 5 - some nice touches but peripheral for long stretches and failed to track back

Musa 3 - don't like to pick on players but... A very poor showing. Capable of more but lightweight and  positionally all at sea this evening.

Vardy 7 - was up for it! Scored and I have no complaints about his desire or effort.

Gray 7.5 - let down by his touch at times but confident with the ball, worked hard and helped keep us in it. Made a difference.

Amartey n/a not on long enough.

Claudio 6 - Fired up and made right change with Gray. But wasn't hard to do! 

N/A: Amartey

3: Huth and Musa

4: Fuchs and Morgan (Don't rate him as a right winger tbh)

5: Ranieri (Gray should have started or at least come on at half time)

6: Mahrez

7: Simpson, Albrighton and Drinkwater

8: Gray and Ndidi (Might be slightly overating him here, but he did make some crucial tackles)

9: The ref and Schmeichel (Brilliant today, not just in his many saves but also his attitude and passion, but shaky distribution.)

I said that Ranieri should stay, but I'll be the first to admit that I've said he should leave in the past. In my opinion, he should have left after the 3-0 loss to Southampton, but I'd be more than happy for him to stay if we can have more performances like we did in the second half today. Hopefully we can get a result against Liverpool.

11 hours ago, MaxR said:

Dire first, only Schmeicel gets credit for the pen save

The second we looked a different side. Yet again DG made the world of difference coming on, Drinky and Mahrez improved significantly as the game went on. MOM Schmeicel, Musa needs to go, basically a skinny Schlupp, and less ability.

Edit, should probably give ratings: Kasper 7, Simmo 6, Morgan 3, Huth 3, Fuchs 4, Mahrez 6, Drinky 6, Ndidi 6, Albrighton 4, Musa 2, Vardy 5, DG 6, Amartey NA

I agree with most of those ratings, but would give Fuchs the same as Morgan & Huth (3 - all pretty rubbish), 1 more for Kasper (8), Vardy (6) & Gray (7) and 1 less for Simpson & Mahrez (5)

Kasper 9 MOTM I think Pep will sign him in the summer. Leader with some outstanding saves. He deserves a better back four in front of him 

Simpson 8 Our outfield MOTM. Some brilliant clearances, covering his teammates as usual. Really good performance 

Huth 3 At fault for the penalty and the second goal. He's terrible 

Morgan 5 Not as bad as Huth but almost. Looked slow again 

Fuchs 5 Don't think he could do much about the header but he wasn't great 

Musa 2 Laughable from Ranieri that he's anywhere near the side. It's clear he's playing him because of the transfer fee just hoping he might come good. He won't 

Ndidi 6 In a midfield that were woefully exposed by our attackers and wingers in the first half, he did well. Think he'll be a good player for us 

Drinkwater 7 As above for the first half. Much better second. The old Danny 

Albrighton 5 Worked hard but to little effect 

Mahrez 6 Better second half - some nice runs and skill but we need to get him in games more 

Vardy 7 Showed that if he gets service he'll score. So pleased for him. Worked hard

Subs

Gray 7 Made the difference. Can't imagine how he felt seeing Musa start ahead of him. As Rio Ferdinand apparently said after, he's been our best player this season. Pick him FFS 

Amartey 6 Made us more solid. Wish we'd play him centre half 

I still want Ranieri to go.....

Schmeichel 9

Simpson 6

Huth 3

Morgan 3

Fuchs 4

Ndidi 5

Drinkwater 5

Musa 1

Mahrez 4

Albrighton 3

Vardy 5

subs:

Gray 7

Ref 8

Seville 8 - best team I've seen us play in the last 15 years with the possible exception of the Chelsea title winning side a couple of years ago. N'Zonzi was fantastic for them but they may regret a lack of clinical finishing.

The defending for the two goals and the penalty was absolutely laughable. Huth and Morgan absolutely cannot be allowed to go on as the centre back pairing. Huth's header out for the penalty was absolutely pathetic and a level of ineptitude only matched by Morgan's wild swipe 2 seconds later. Wes then surpassed himself with a tour-de-force of ball-watching for their second.

Musa was an absolute shambles. Offered nothing going forward and defensively managed to make about 3 basic errors in the build up to their first goal.

Schmeichel was great, yet again showing himself as the true leader of the team. He has an unshakeable winning mentality.

There wasn't much of a difference between recent performances in the league and last night except the players didn't give up at 1-0 or 2-0 down. Luck was on our side last night and with a fair wind Sevilla could have won by 4 or 5 goals. But they didn't and we've now got a far bigger chance than I thought possible.

Kasper - 9

Simpson - 5

Morgan - 4

Huth - 4

Fuchs - 5

Albrighton - 5

Ndidi - 5

Drinkwater - 6

Mahrez - 5

Musa - 4

Vardy - 6

Subs:

Gray - 6

Amartey - N/A

Ranieri - 5

Bar the last 20 minutes, we were dreadful again. Of the outfield players, only Drinkwater and Vardy get over 5 for providing that one bit of quality that keeps us in the tie. Schmeichel obviously MotM by a serious margin...

Schmeichel 10 - perfect performance can't do anything about either goal.

simpson 6 - so unbelievably bad with the ball at his feet but put in a number of good tackles

morgan 4 - unforgivable for second goal 

Huth 5 - fine

fuchs 5 - fine. Throws weren't great

albrighton 4 - see Simpson minus the tackles 

drinkwater 6 - would've been 4 if not for last 30 mins

ndidi 7 - class on and off the ball

musa 1 - the guy is ****ing useless. Completely and utterly useless

Mahrez 5 - tried just didn't come off

vardy 7 - worked so hard

gray 7 - changed the game

amartey n/a

ranieri 5 - credit for bringing on gray but to start Huth and morgan was asking for us to concede. Surely they can't play at home else it's tie over

sevilla - 9 - would've been 10 if not for wasteful finishing and not keeping a clean sheet. Unbelievably strong on and off the ball - epitomised by Nzonzi. How did that guy play for Stoke? 

Schmeichel 9 (MOM) - Magnificent, penalty save and some real classy saves, we're still in the tie because of his performance.

Fuchs 4 - Far from his best game, nearly scored an own goal, needs to be buying Kasper drinks for the rest of the year.

Huth 4 - Poor defending put Morgan in a bad place that led to the penalty.

Morgan 4 - Spent far too much of the game hindering the attack and gave away the penalty.

Simpson 6 - Couple of moments where he seemed to switch off, but generally one of our better players on the night.

Albrighton 4 - Anonymous most of the game, loved the way he sprinted off the pitch when subbed (surprised he didn't pick up a booking for that)

Ndidi 7 - Perhaps my score is a tad high but he showed some classy touches I liked his effort and application for a young 'un.

Drinkwater 5 - (two of those points are for his pass to Vardy) I was shouting at the TV for him to be subbed, glad he wasn't.

Mahrez 5 - We miss his "A" game so much, a few good moments but to few and too far between them.

Vardy 7 - (two of those points are for his pgoal) Showed some desire at last, and realised that sometimes it's up to himself to go and fetch that ball. Nicely taken goal.

Musa 3 - Saw plenty of the ball but did nothing with it, can't understand why he was played on the right, can't understand why he started in front of Gray.

(SUB) Gray 7 - Put a great ball through to DD that led to the goal that was hardly mentioned on TV. We looked better when he came on his confidence isn't affected by those around him. Not his best game by a long way, but still improved us when he came on.

(SUB) Amartey n/a I wanted to see him on much earlier in the game for DD, probably wouldn't have scored if he had been.

Claudio 6 - Looked a bit emotional, maybe he just handed his notice in lol still cares though, stay (at least until after the 'pool match).

Opposition 7 Classy outfit that would have buried us if they'd converted their chances

Ref - 7 I thought he had a good game, not too fussy, missed a bad tackle or two, but nothing that changed the course of the game.

Cant understand people blaming Wes for their second goal. It was almost entirely Huth's fault in my opinion. Huth gave Jovetic way too much time to shield the ball and pass to the goal scorer. Wes had to move over to help Huth out. Huth is the problem, not so much Wes.

11 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I agree with most of those ratings, but would give Fuchs the same as Morgan & Huth (3 - all pretty rubbish), 1 more for Kasper (8), Vardy (6) & Gray (7) and 1 less for Simpson & Mahrez (5)

Fair point

I think Simpson, once again, was our best defender. His positioning is very good, considering Mahrez was in front of him for a lot of it.

He deserves more credit. Not saying he's been outstanding but he's certainly been worth hanging on to.

Archived