Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Sevilla 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

10 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Cant understand people blaming Wes for their second goal. It was almost entirely Huth's fault in my opinion. Huth gave Jovetic way too much time to shield the ball and pass to the goal scorer. Wes had to move over to help Huth out. Huth is the problem, not so much Wes.

They are both horrifically unreliable. As a partnership they are getting constantly outplayed. Yes, Huth messed up on both goals, but Morgan hardly covered himself in glory by being just as inconsequential and actually making the situation even worse in both cases.

3 minutes ago, MaxR said:

Fair point

I think Simpson, once again, was our best defender. His positioning is very good, considering Mahrez was in front of him for a lot of it.

He deserves more credit. Not saying he's been outstanding but he's certainly been worth hanging on to.

He wasn't great at all by any means. Vitolo and Escudero were allowed time and space just about every time they came down his side. The backing off for the first goal (Simpson was just standing there ball watching while Musa was chasing shadows). It wasn't Mahrez in front of him until the second half, and ironically that's when things improved on that side.

The reason you could consider him the best defender on the night is because you cannot highlight the high-profile mistakes like with Huth, Morgan and Fuchs. But truth is, he was rather inconsequential too.

Oh and his headed clearances are aboslutely atrocious. It was amazing how he didn't once find a Leicester player, even when he had ample time.

I thought there were positives to take out of the match

They didn't buckle after two away goals and relentless pressure 

Players assuming captaincy role ( in the absence of anything from Wes) were Kasper and pleased to see  Vardy

Unfortunately poor initial selection why no Grey and no Amarty or Benny

Thought Fuchs under massive pressure but stuck to it as did Simpson. Huth /Morgan combo horrific. Will CR learn? Off course not

Drinkwater started playing balls forward again and Mahrez much more positive 

Good fighting second half but of course Claudio won't learn

He Never Does !!!

3 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Simpson 8 Our outfield MOTM. Some brilliant clearances, covering his teammates as usual. Really good performance ore solid. Wish we'd play him centre half 

what???!!! Out of position for one goal when he was way upfield had a mare first half. improved second half. 4 at best.

46 minutes ago, stingray said:

what???!!! Out of position for one goal when he was way upfield had a mare first half. improved second half. 4 at best.

Thought he played well. I didn't say he should play centre half, you've misquoted me there. 

1 hour ago, shen said:

They are both horrifically unreliable. As a partnership they are getting constantly outplayed. Yes, Huth messed up on both goals, but Morgan hardly covered himself in glory by being just as inconsequential and actually making the situation even worse in both cases.

Wes had a mare for the penalty but Huth put him in that situation. 

I agreed with Matt Elliott: Morgan was ok second half. Huth is the problem for me. He was a liability at times last season and should have been replaced. 

This article sums up my feelings on Huth perfectly https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2932103/sevilla-2-leicester-1-christian-fuchs-needs-a-kick-up-the-backside-ahmed-musa-wont-muck-in-kasper-schmeichel-is-too-good/

7 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

I agreed with Matt Elliott: Morgan was ok second half. Huth is the problem for me. He was a liability at times last season and should have been replaced. 

This article sums up my feelings on Huth perfectly https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2932103/sevilla-2-leicester-1-christian-fuchs-needs-a-kick-up-the-backside-ahmed-musa-wont-muck-in-kasper-schmeichel-is-too-good/

Everyone but Ranieri sees these facts, I often wonder if he isolates himself from any newspaper articles, or has a very bad translator read them to him.

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

I'm not absolving Huth of blame. Don't think that. I don't think he's any better than Morgan right now.

But Morgan once again had terrible composure and was constantly scared of getting the ball. He goes to ground so often, it's unreal.

The penalty challenge was reckless and he didn't need to go over to help Huth against Jovetic who had his back to goal.

Granted, no-one is playing great in front of them but they're both riddled with mistakes this season.

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought Seville were the best Team I've seen in a long while. They were committed, Quick, confident and technically very good. We done really well to get back into it 2nd half. They deserved to win  the Match. but makes for an interesting return at the KP.

They should have buried us but got the foot off the gas pedal after their second goal. The result doesn't reflect the proper battering we got. If we knock them out they can only blame themselves.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

They should have buried us but got the foot off the gas pedal after their second goal. The result doesn't reflect the proper battering we got. If we knock them out they can only blame themselves.

Yes exactly my sentiments. What a capture NZonzi would have been for us in the Summer. But they have quality all over the park. Really looking forward to return game and hope we can pick up a bit of momentum in the meantime.can

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes exactly my sentiments. What a capture NZonzi would have been for us in the Summer. But they have quality all over the park. Really looking forward to return game and hope we can pick up a bit of momentum in the meantime.can

With hindsight, was there any way we could have persuaded him to come?

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

With hindsight, was there any way we could have persuaded him to come?

Unlikely as he was probably only using us to bump up his Contract and he'd be mad to leave them. But he's certainly the quality of player we should have been after. We were in a great place to sign a little quality to add to the squad. Then just continue that process over a few seasons until we had a steady top ten team. Now we're back right were we started.

Now if we want quality we need a top Manager who can entice them here plus offer them top Money. The other option is the way we were going picking up top young talent and waiting for them to come good. But it really starts with the right Manager. 

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Unlikely as he was probably only using us to bump up his Contract and he'd be mad to leave them. But he's certainly the quality of player we should have been after. We were in a great place to sign a little quality to add to the squad. Then just continue that process over a few seasons until we had a steady top ten team. Now we're back right were we started.

Now if we want quality we need a top Manager who can entice them here plus offer them top Money. The other option is the way we were going picking up top young talent and waiting for them to come good. But it really starts with the right Manager. 

Problem is as soon as that young talent matures they'll be off. Our real chance of a breakthrough was last summer.

Probably just have to accept that we are a middling club and likely to remain so. That's Ok, not every club can be a big one, and in the long run there's probably as much excitement on the roller coaster ride as on the Learjet. Just hope we stay in the PL though as it might be more difficult to get to watch the matches in the Championship here in Oz.

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Problem is as soon as that young talent matures they'll be off. Our real chance of a breakthrough was last summer.

Probably just have to accept that we are a middling club and likely to remain so. That's Ok, not every club can be a big one, and in the long run there's probably as much excitement on the roller coaster ride as on the Learjet. Just hope we stay in the PL though as it might be more difficult to get to watch the matches in the Championship here in Oz.

Yes we totally messed up last Summer it's in out DnA  I remember when we had a good manager who left because the Club wouldn't spend. Then appointed Taylor and gave him 30 Million to blow.

Your also right about the young talent moving on but not in all cases. I think a good current current example is Spurs. A top Manager with good maturing talent in the team being built over a couple of seasons and none of them have moved on. Even despite the fact that Spurs are not paying big money. Kane and Alli signed new contracts for 70k a week.

So when it comes to Contracts and Money we are up at the top end of salaries.

Funnily in all my years following Leic City I never thought of us as a small or middle club. I've always thought outside of Utd the rest are pretty much the same.

while we'd all like to see us stay in the prem I've always liked the Championship. It's a more level playing field where you can never be sure of a win.

I think Channel 5 are showing a lot of Championship games now. You should also be able to Stream them most weeks. But I think we may just pull off another miraculous recovery and stay in the Premiership. At least that's what I'm hoping for..

Archived