Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Referee....

Just now, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Thought he was very good and very fair, just thought he called one or two soft fouls.

But the times in the game that he called said soft fouls were purely for man management. He wasn't like that all the game showing that he only gave them when he had to, which worked out well as he was always well in control :)

Just now, DB11 said:

But the times in the game that he called said soft fouls were purely for man management. He wasn't like that all the game showing that he only gave them when he had to, which worked out well as he was always well in control :)

Good point, I just felt I needed to find something to complain about after that performance! Can't remember the last time I was buzzing like this after a game.

Just now, foxes21 said:

i thought the general feel was the ref last night got some key decisions right, maybe i'm wrong

For me he didn't get either of the two penalties right and should possibly of had a sending off for Monaco 

tonights game was was a prime example of a referee almost having a perfect game 

14 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Amazed a CL ref could put in a decent performance. The ones in the home group games were awful.. bought all of the play acting / diving etc.

Oh come on, that Porto ref was worth the ticket money alone.

Just now, sm1 said:

Best ref we've had in Europe and one of the best I've seen this season.

Rizzoli still tops him for me, but him and Turpin were great.

English referees should take a leaf out of these guys books, controlled and well managed games. No looking to be centre of attention, no controversial decisions, just merely let the game flow and make the game about the players, not them.

35 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

with all the money the PL have, surely they could tempt some of these refs to the prem?

That's a good point that I've never though of or heard anyone else suggest, the standard of refereeing in the prem is generally terrible, is there any reason why we couldn't bring in top foreign refs? 

At at least they won't understand what rooney is saying as he follows them round the pitch calling them a c*^t for 90 minutes. Then again it doesn't seem that English refs understand either as he gets away with it season after season.

Archived