Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

36 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Kasper

Simpson Amartey Benny Chillwell

Drinkwater

Ndidi       Kapustka

Gray                                     Mahrez

Slimani

Oooh I think I like this.

Would probably keep Fuchs at LB, put Amartey at RB and put Morgan at CB but that team looks like it would be able to play football.

When..... *if*...... we click, we've got the players to score a lot of goals IMO.

Let's not kid ourselves, it will be;

KS

Fuchs

Morgan (c)

Huth

Simpson

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Mahrez

Musa

Vardy

Which I won't mind IF they press and attack the ball, like they did in the second half against Seville. But if they sit back and invite pressure, then the back four will struggle again. We have stopped defending from the front. We used to force the opposition to make errors high up the pitch and then we'd attack. But now, we let them get into our half and pressure the defence. It isn't the loss of Kante that is exposing our back line, it's the fact that we are not working as a team.

Musa might have not played well recently, but because he was the only one on the bench to celebrate Vardy's goal, I say we start to build a team ethic around players like him who want the TEAM to win.

Remember when Ranieri said he has been let down by some players and changes will be made...yes about that. No changes yesterday. If we stay the same we are on the end of another dismal performance and loss.

I would like to see some positive change:

Schmeichel

Amartey Huth Benalouane Chilwell/Fuchs

Gray King/Drinkwater Ndidi Mahrez/Kapustka

Slimani (we need him fit) Vardy

We need to give players a chance who have earned it, Kapustka and Gray should be starting based on the effort and performances so far.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Remember when Ranieri said he has been let down by some players and changes will be made...yes about that. No changes yesterday. If we stay the same we are on the end of another dismal performance and loss.

I would like to see some positive change:

Schmeichel

Amartey Huth Benalouane Chilwell/Fuchs

Gray King/Drinkwater Ndidi Mahrez/Kapustka

Slimani (we need him fit) Vardy

We need to give players a chance who have earned it, Kapustka and Gray should be starting based on the effort and performances so far.

On the whole I agree, but I am not sure about Kapustka, his performances haven't been exactly amazing even against poor competition. Same for Benny, he has done well, against poor competition. The bar is so low.

My favourite bit of Foxestalk, the chance to re-live my Champ Manager days and make a little formation.

I thought the team once Gray came on looked good and it is clear we need a little more pace in defence so I would go for....

Schmeichel

Simpson Amartey Morgan Chilwell

Mahrez Drinkwater Ndidi Albrighton

Gray

Vardy

Still think, no matter what a lot of people say, we do need someone high energy, with high work rate on the pitch so for me either Okazaki or Albrighton need to start but we looked better last night once Gray came on and Albrighton and Mahrez were both still on the pitch.  Not 100% sure quite what formation we played but Mahrez does look better on the right and Gray tends to float in from the left so a fluid-ish 451 with Mahrez, Gray, etc rotating to support Vardy seems pretty good and at least Albrighton can do the dirty work and offer Chilwell protection.  I think we need Amartey on the pitch in defence and in the centre rather than at right back as it seems obvious that a lot of our problems come from the back.  For all his faults I think Simpson is a solid right back and that the central pairing needs changing more urgently.

Och well, we will see.  Hopefully we can just manage to stay up this season as I still think we have a decent squad that will only get better as a lot of the players are still young.

Come on you Foxes!

X

We cannot play Huth and Morgan together.  It no longer works. If CR cannot see that, I suggest a change of glasses is needed.    Drop Morgan for sure and make Casper Captain.   Play Chilwell and Benny and keep Simpson.   Gray and Kapi for Musa and Allbrighton.  

Schmeichel

Simpson    Benalouane      Amartey  Chilwell

Drinky        Ndidi 

Kapi      Mahrez          Gray 

Vardy 

This game should be treated like the Man U home match in 2014

Go for broke, outscore the opposition.

Kasper

Simmo

Wes

Benny

Chilwell

Ndidi

Amartey

Drinky

Gray

Vardy

Mahrez

Give the front a free inter-changing role, the midfield 3 to provide decent cover

This is against a fragile Liverpool side, may as well just throw the kitchen sink at them.

29 minutes ago, MaxR said:

This game should be treated like the Man U home match in 2014

Go for broke, outscore the opposition.

Kasper

Simmo

Wes

Benny

Chilwell

Ndidi

Amartey

Drinky

Gray

Vardy

Mahrez

Give the front a free inter-changing role, the midfield 3 to provide decent cover

This is against a fragile Liverpool side, may as well just throw the kitchen sink at them.

This is the correct line up. Drinky to traverse between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1

Formation and personnel count for nothing if we do not get out tactics right.

Ranieri needs to decide whether we are a pressing team or a team that will seat deep to soak up the pressure, not a bit of both. This lack of identity has been the story of our season.

Personally I believe we should press and cause them to make mistakes. It's no secret that our back four is weak so we really need to create some chances for our attackers, hopefully similar to the Man City home game.

11 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Oooh I think I like this.

Would probably keep Fuchs at LB, put Amartey at RB and put Morgan at CB but that team looks like it would be able to play football.

When..... *if*...... we click, we've got the players to score a lot of goals IMO.

You do relise the root cause of Leicester not being able to keep the ball stems from Simpson, Huth and Morgan? 

I'd play:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Amartey, Benny, Chilwell

Drinky, Ndidi, Mahrez, Gray

Okazaki, Vardy

But we all know it will be:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs

Drinky, Ndidi, Albrighton, Mahrez

Okazaki, Vardy

Archived