Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Shakespeare's XI will be very revealing, I feel. 

Hopefully he  has ideas  with what to do with our  shit  defence -  drop Morgan  for starters  - play the mascot  in defence in his spot wouldn't do any worse 

But yes  will be interesting if he still has  loyalty to the old underperforming guard 

I hope everyone happy realises this.... do you really think the most hated trio of Huth Morgan and Vardy are going to be dropped on Monday just because Claudio has been sacked? HAAA Christ if the NP brigade get their way Wes and Huth will play 13 out of 13!! 

Same with Shakespeare! Do you honestly believe he'll pick Kappy and Benny etc on Monday? Of course he won't! 

What might happen though is the bunch of tossers who havent taken a slice of responsibility might suddenly remember how to play football... and if they do they should be ashamed. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I hope everyone happy realises this.... do you really think the most hated trio of Huth Morgan and Vardy are going to be dropped on Monday just because Claudio has been sacked? HAAA Christ if the NP brigade get their way Wes and Huth will play 13 out of 13!! 

Same with Shakespeare! Do you honestly believe he'll pick Kappy and Benny etc on Monday? Of course he won't! 

What might happen though is the bunch of tossers who havent taken a slice of resonsibility might suddenly remember how to play football... and if they do they should be ashamed. 

He needs to pick the old guard and, in effect, throw down the gauntlet to them. 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What might happen though is the bunch of tossers who havent taken a slice of resonsibility might suddenly remember how to play football... and if they do they should be ashamed. 

That last paragraph sums up exactly how I feel about our squad tonight.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What might happen though is the bunch of tossers who havent taken a slice of responsibility might suddenly remember how to play football... and if they do they should be ashamed. 

Yes last paragraph 

If the players put a real effort in, fight for each other, then I'll give them credit where it's due, especially if it runs into the next match.

If we stick with the centre backs, the players fail to stop Liverpool, and it's as if Claudio never left, it will leave a very nasty taste in my mouth.

Kasper (C)

Simpson - Amartey - Benalouane - Chilwell

Ndidi

Mahrez - Drinky - King - Gray

Ulloa

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I dont hate anybody..Even if I would like the CBs to be benched.

Vardy for me hasnt done anything wrong, the team behind him have not been delivering.

It will be interesting to see who the first 11 is come Monday and how much effort the players put in on the pitch. 

Especially as there were rumours that Shakespeare and Ranieri had disagreements or a difference in opinion on tactics etc 

Certainly makes things interesting now. I'd be surprised if we didn't see the old guard and Shakey give them a final chance now Claudio has gone. Still perform to the levels they have this season then we will see a radically different team for the 6 pointer against Hull.

I think Vardy's problems  are  partly due to lack of quality  service  - he gets a great ball against Sevilla and scores a great Goal 

Morgan  in  particular is  the one who gets my goat - hes been borderline pathetic all season - that tackle or attempted  that gave away the penalty was  typical of his style of defence - too slow  , cant read the play  , marking is attrocious , lateral  movement is non existent ,  main play lash out with the boot and hope for the best.

We cant win any games if we keep  letting in extremely soft goals - in my view he is the worst at it  - so  wouldnt be in my team monday  thats for sure or again this season given how many pathetic goals hes let in .

so for me  back 4  would be  Simpson, Amartey, Huth , Fuschs  for Liverpool  [ just think Huth for all his faults offers more than than  that buffoon  Morgan 

capt  to be Drinkwater or Vardy  .

but will be interesting to see if  Shakespear  until Mancini arrives [ hopefully]  sticks with our  slow lumbering defence - wont look good if we get thrashed.

22 hours ago, Blue Ed said:

Now claudio has gone we can clear out the team he was so loyal too.

bye bye Morgan, Huth, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinky and Fuchs time to put in a team that will play for us

WHAT HAS BEEN THE MAJOR CAUSE OF LCFC DOWNFALL..?

i would say CR sacking is a consequence of the parlous state of their performance

--which is due to the players themselves not motivated to sort things out - even amongst themselves - when things became worst they have to scapegoat their manager - which is probably the only avenue they have.

CR is not help by his own foolishness in backing failed plays/players

At least CR should have been accorded the chance to resign himself

19 hours ago, stuw said:

I think Vardy's problems  are  partly due to lack of quality  service  - he gets a great ball against Sevilla and scores a great Goal 

Morgan  in  particular is  the one who gets my goat - hes been borderline pathetic all season - that tackle or attempted  that gave away the penalty was  typical of his style of defence - too slow  , cant read the play  , marking is attrocious , lateral  movement is non existent ,  main play lash out with the boot and hope for the best.

We cant win any games if we keep  letting in extremely soft goals - in my view he is the worst at it  - so  wouldnt be in my team monday  thats for sure or again this season given how many pathetic goals hes let in .

so for me  back 4  would be  Simpson, Amartey, Huth , Fuschs  for Liverpool  [ just think Huth for all his faults offers more than than  that buffoon  Morgan 

capt  to be Drinkwater or Vardy  .

but will be interesting to see if  Shakespear  until Mancini arrives [ hopefully]  sticks with our  slow lumbering defence - wont look good if we get thrashed.

yeah i agree,, if you observe morgan - how many times the last person closest to the ball before a goal is scored - is him

either he is not quick enough or he is flapping all over with his legs.  

Either he has grown fatter or slower this season - or just lazy with upgraded $

4 minutes ago, erlee said:

yeah i agree,, if you observe morgan - how many times the last person closest to the ball before a goal is scored - is him

either he is not quick enough or he is flapping all over with his legs.  

Either he has grown fatter or slower this season - or just lazy with upgraded $

Morgan is always a split second too late. He's a little older and a little slower this season.

The new manager needs to try a different pairing in central defence. It will be interesting to see if Shakespeare sticks with Huth and Morgan or goes for another pairing.

I'd go for Amartey and Benalouane.

Has anyone considered the fact that the problem is not Huth and Morgan , but instead it how we set up in front of them? 

Put Armartey and Ndidi playing deep in front of them and I believe they will look a lot better and we will not get over run. it also frees up Drinkwater to be more creative. 

I think the only change to the lineup we'll see is Gray will be a certain starter. Seems to be what the players were most confused about. It'll be last seasons team but Gray for Albrighton and Ndidi for Kante. He'll get them back to basics and I bet they start really battling again, which will be sad but great at the same time.

If the can't pass, can't tackle, can't defend ball watching shower of shite we've seen all season are laying the blame at Ranieri's door, they better perform on Monday! Difficult for Shakespeare - if he makes some key changes say drop Huth for Benny and we still don't play well and get battered, what then? It would look like he's been at odds with CR with neither right.

Archived