Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Liverpool Pre-Match Thread

People that think Shakespeare is going to drop Wes, Huth, Simpson etc. Just not going to happen. I wish he would.

All we can hope for, is that we see a huge change in effort and desire, with constant pressing and real fight from all 11 players. 

I think Gray will start and perhaps even Okazaki with Vardy. I imagine that Shakespeare will show some loyalty to those of last season and Pearson's era for this game.

I thing he should change it, but if not, this should be their last chance to prove that Claudio was restricting them, and they can perform much better without him as manager.

Team i would start:

----------------Kasper-----------------

Amartey--Benny--Huth--Chilwell

Albrighton--Drinkwater-N'didi--Gray

-----------------Mahrez---------------

------------------Vardy----------------

It's not ideal at all, but given the players we have and the strength of Liverpool, this is how I would line up. Slimani to come on if we need to change things. 

Press and close down, stay compact and look to hit on the counter attack with Vardy and then Mahrez having a free role. 

Pretty sure we will see the same back 4 as always though and but be surprised if Shakespeare doesn't go with this midfield and attack. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

The time spent as a coach has nothing to do with him being a nightmare to work with. If you are good then you are good enough for a job

Again, I didn't say he had an attitude problem. All I said is, who knows?

So, you don't have a problem with calling the players "backstabbing prima donna's" without a credible source but you refuse to believe that Claudio could have some skeletons under the bed

The press, and I'm talking about respected football journalists, and they're rarely wrong on these matters seem to be laying the blame with the players.

IF there's another side to the story I may amend my opinion If or when it  ever comes out.

Try and press high against Liverpool and it will be a massacre.

Did you see what they did to Spurs at Anfield?

And Spurs have got really good defenders!

I think this game was always gonna be tough as Liverpool on their day are a very good side, especially now that they have Mane back.

Sorry to sound negative but I think we need to pack the midfield and play for a boring draw. If we can nick a goal, great.

Opportunity for shake 'n' vac to audition for the job full time.

Therefore I expect him to make some changes in personnel who will start this game.

He's got to show he can be the main man so he won't just be picking the identical side/tactics as Ranieri.

Hope if he keeps the same back 4 

he finds a way to stop hoof ball and 

ties Morgan's feet together to stop the rediculous challenges 

but I think unfortunately We will continue with our laughing stock defence

2 hours ago, maddog said:

The players deserve some boos and anger vented at them on Monday night. They have been the shambles here not Ranieri.

I plan to let it all out early in the game Monday then get fully behind the team after. These players are not getting away without an earful of anger first. Snakes. 

Yes that will be really helpful,lets boo the team at the start of the game.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whatever the score, if we don't see some real fight from this bunch of weasel melts, they need booing off the pitch with the not fit to wear the shirt words blaring in their ears. Followed by the Ranieri song.

I'm not one for booing usually but I can't disagree with what you say really

the fvcking players need an earful, Turncoats

I can see us getting a result here, the players will have a lot to prove and I think Shakespeare will instruct the players to play how they did at the beginning of last season. We might get to see the old, beautiful, terrifyingly deadly Leicester again. 3-2 win after going 2 down after 20 minutes. Vardy, Mahrez and Gray to all score in a second half masterclass by the Champions to silence the footballing community. 

Schmeichel 

Morgan Amartey Huth

Albrighton Drinkwater N'Didi Gray

Mahrez Okazaki

Vardy

41 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I can see us getting a result here, the players will have a lot to prove and I think Shakespeare will instruct the players to play how they did at the beginning of last season. We might get to see the old, beautiful, terrifyingly deadly Leicester again. 3-2 win after going 2 down after 20 minutes. Vardy, Mahrez and Gray to all score in a second half masterclass by the Champions to silence the footballing community. 

Schmeichel 

Morgan Amartey Huth

Albrighton Drinkwater N'Didi Gray

Mahrez Okazaki

Vardy

Love the optimism :)

36 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

Would love it if Benny plays but as most have said Shakey will stick to the usual dross.

I wouldn't necessarily love it as such, but I definitely think that he deserves a chance. I want to see him partnered with Amartey who did really well playing centre back at the African Cup of Nations.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whatever the score, if we don't see some real fight from this bunch of weasel melts, they need booing off the pitch with the not fit to wear the shirt words blaring in their ears. Followed by the Ranieri song.

And that's what will happen.

14 minutes ago, Monk said:

I think they will beat us comfortably. 

4-1 to the reds matching their comfortable win at anfield. I think this we'll see Shakey phoning a friend at half time as they waltz into a 3-0 lead. City fans singing for Ranieri all match, Liverpool fans singing Champions League you having a laugh and Kasper being man of the match. We are going to be as vulnerable as the Sutton reserve keeper in a pond full of piranhas. However this will be the turning point, I hope!

I wouldn't mind this lineup or something similar:

Vardy

Gray                                             Mahrez  

Ndidi   Drinkwater 

Chilwell                                        Amartey

Huth  Benaloune  Morgan

Kasper

I feel like having Benaloune in between the bash 'em bros could give us some more composure at the back and I chose the fullbacks for their pace. In reality, this lineup would probably result in a 4-0 loss, but it's something different.

One thing I am wondering is if those posters on here who have blamed the players for not trying, stirring up tension and for possibly even contributing to Ranieri's downfall will be the first ones to stand up and cheer when Vardy gets his goal, or Mahrez pings in a free kick?

I bet they will, you know....if they even go to games, that is.

:thumbup:

Archived