Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Champion soccer 6 a side

Hi Guys,

Looking for advise,

I currently have a team in chesterfield champion soccer league but a new league has been set up at a near by school. The season starts next month when we will still have 4 games left in our league but we wont to move. As its cheaper way better facilities and we've just had enough of our league terrible pitch, bad facilities late kick offs bad refs. For us to leave Championsoccer reckon we have to pay up for the rest of the season or face court. Just wondered if anyone has had this before and if they can take us to court? Also they say in the terms that all players must wear shin pads for safety yet this is never checked so aren't they kinda letting the terms down on there side as well? 

Unless you're legally bound to surely they can't do that? Look at anything you might have signed. Doesn't seem right though - I remember at Goals there was like a notice period almost, you had to let them know you were moving about a fortnight before you did which is reasonable and makes sense.

Re :  the shinpads, while they probably should be checking, you're getting what you deserve if you don't think they're worth bothering with aren't you.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Unless you're legally bound to surely they can't do that? Look at anything you might have signed. Doesn't seem right though - I remember at Goals there was like a notice period almost, you had to let them know you were moving about a fortnight before you did which is reasonable and makes sense.

Re :  the shinpads, while they probably should be checking, you're getting what you deserve if you don't think they're worth bothering with aren't you.

It does state if you drop out then you have to pay up for the rest of the season. i just feel they have let down there side of the bargain with later kick offs, bad refs that have ruined some matches, really bad facilities.

Me and all my team wear shinnies as i make them but you can clearly see lots of lads don't. Shouldn't they inforce that? 

Had the exact same issue a few years ago. The amount owed kept rising without any real reason, from £50 to the final letter of about £200 odd. I wrote a letter to them suggesting that they implement receipts at their venues as it would make chasing funds easier for both teams and the company; along with suggesting that their planned 'court proceedings' would be a waste of everybody's time as they have no way of proving any kind of debt without visible proof of the same.Their terms also stated that the lead person must be 18+ to sign the legally binding agreement, which was laughable as we were all 17 when we signed. 

In short however, they will never take it any further than occasional letters through the post. 

2 hours ago, Wilson_6 said:

It does state if you drop out then you have to pay up for the rest of the season. i just feel they have let down there side of the bargain with later kick offs, bad refs that have ruined some matches, really bad facilities.

Me and all my team wear shinnies as i make them but you can clearly see lots of lads don't. Shouldn't they inforce that? 

It would cost them much more than they would get in return to take six people to court for what im assuming is quite a low fee. Call the bluff.

Archived