Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Player Power

Self explanatory really

If Mr Vardy and co had some scheme to upend Ranieri's reign they need to take a long hard look at themselves. What they overachieved last season is a feeling 95% won't ever get again. You could argue this season is where we're meant to be. To our owners this club is an investment. It's a results business and I get that. But stick with the man until the summer.

Could this be a case of player power? Is modern football really run by the manager anymore? This post is done out of pure spite in all honesty.

Claudio will always be remembered by this club for last season. It's a fairytale. Some of the things our "fans" have said about him recently is a bloody disgrace.

I don't think they just got lazy and decided to let CR take the flack. I think it's more likely that the departures of Walsh and Kante exposed some of his shortcomings and confidence slowly spiralled downwards from there, with poor team selections, naive tactics, crap signings and 2 half time subs every fricking game. 

Biggest let down in my opinion is Mahrez.......I single him out because other players massively overperformed last season due mainly to Kante....He on the other hand is just lazy and invisible these days....Not worth his place on the starting XI.....Am ashamed by his attitude

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Biggest let down in my opinion is Mahrez.......I single him out because other players massively overperformed last season due mainly to Kante....He on the other hand is just lazy and invisible these days....Not worth his place on the starting XI.....Am ashamed by his attitude

I agree, but I can also agree with the players that were shocked by some of his decisions (playing Musa over Gray etc)

27 minutes ago, MaxR said:

If Mr Vardy and co had some scheme to upend Ranieri's reign they need to take a long hard look at themselves. What they overachieved last season is a feeling 95% won't ever get again. You could argue this season is where we're meant to be. To our owners this club is an investment. It's a results business and I get that. But stick with the man until the summer.

Stick with him, why? We look nailed on to go down, how can anyone not see that. Sentiment should not be a reason to keep someone. Why wait until the summer when you can start a rebuild now for the long term.

As for player power, perhaps we need to question his management if he's upsetting players enough for them to want him out. Having witnessed his tactics this year, I don't know how they could buy into him.

26 minutes ago, sdb said:

I don't think they just got lazy and decided to let CR take the flack. I think it's more likely that the departures of Walsh and Kante exposed some of his shortcomings and confidence slowly spiralled downwards from there, with poor team selections, naive tactics, crap signings and 2 half time subs every fricking game. 

This

I never got the impression the players didn't care but I think they were confused by the tactics and confidence is low

23 minutes ago, MaxR said:

Self explanatory really

Could this be a case of player power? Is modern football really run by the manager anymore? This post is done out of pure spite in all honesty.

Claudio will always be remembered by this club for last season. It's a fairytale. Some of the things our "fans" have said about him recently is a bloody disgrace.

Regardless of players actions, a manager has to do something that creates doubt in sufficient minds to begin with.

Given what was achieved last season, there must have been quite a number of things that triggered these feelings inside the players - and ultimately they're not wrong.

As a leader you have to command the respect and confidence of sufficient troops before going into battle - if you don't you shall lose.

Its all very sad, an era has ended and it's natural to want to apportion blame at this time - it's a grief emotion after all - but to move on, we need to look to the future and try and instil hope and positivity around the club.

The players owe him so much.....turned them into League winners, new contracts....hopefully the board are brave enough to bring in someone who will not let the dressing room dictate....we want someone who will definitely be here even if we are relegated......

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Players have underperformed this season...but so has Ranieri.

Ranieri definitely isn't blameless but we smashed the league by 10 points. Even the huge clubs struggle to achieve that kind of dominance. 

The only explanation for such a drop in quality is a lack of desire from the players.

2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Ranieri definitely isn't blameless but we smashed the league by 10 points. Even the huge clubs struggle to achieve that kind of dominance. 

The only explanation for such a drop in quality is a lack of desire from the players.

I don't think we know the full story. Some of these players have been around for a few years and this is the first time desire or effort has been questioned.

26 minutes ago, MaxR said:

Self explanatory really

That's utter nonsense.

Ranieri has been clueless all season and should of gone weeks ago.

How can the players perform when they are obviously struggling to make any sense of what Ranieri is going on about.

He says nothing in any interview that makes any meaningful sense and has a poor command of English which will impact on what he is trying to convey to the players.

The performance last night was woeful and God only knows how we came away with only 2-1 defeat.

We should of been thrashed 6-1.

As far as I am concerned he inherited the inform team in the premiership and had very little to do with guiding them to the title and got lucky.

A great manager is one that galvanises a team, adds players to strengthen the team and builds confidence and gets results, something that Ranieri has failed in all areas and was single-handedly destroying what Leicester had achieved over the last two seasons.

As much as I welcomed his appointment as a huge coup when we signed him, if we were to get relegated it would be catastrophic as we would lose our keys players and set us back years on a rebuilding programme.

We all know that it is incredibly difficult to get out of the Championship and I only hope that the owners have left the incoming manager enough time to save us from relegation.

5 minutes ago, robski said:

That's utter nonsense.

Ranieri has been clueless all season and should of gone weeks ago.

How can the players perform when they are obviously struggling to make any sense of what Ranieri is going on about.

He says nothing in any interview that makes any meaningful sense and has a poor command of English which will impact on what he is trying to convey to the players.

The performance last night was woeful and God only knows how we came away with only 2-1 defeat.

We should of been thrashed 6-1.

As far as I am concerned he inherited the inform team in the premiership and had very little to do with guiding them to the title and got lucky.

A great manager is one that galvanises a team, adds players to strengthen the team and builds confidence and gets results, something that Ranieri has failed in all areas and was single-handedly destroying what Leicester had achieved over the last two seasons.

As much as I welcomed his appointment as a huge coup when we signed him, if we were to get relegated it would be catastrophic as we would lose our keys players and set us back years on a rebuilding programme.

We all know that it is incredibly difficult to get out of the Championship and I only hope that the owners have left the incoming manager enough time to save us from relegation.

Got lucky hahaha

Don't be absurd. Winning a premier league title is NEVER lucky. How can you be so foolish? He inherited a team with good spirit and kept it going. The players overachieved. You're telling me if Pearson was in charge we would have the won the league? Ranieri may as well have not even been there in your arguement.

Archived