Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Statue Petition.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

lol considering all decisions have to go through the board, and given that the board have just sacked him, this will not be happening.

Then we should club together as a fanbase to get it done.

Just now, StanSP said:

and put it where? 

Outside the stadium.

If the supporters raise £250k to build a statue of a man who won us the league title and the owners refuse to have it outside the ground there'll be a mutiny.

Just now, ttfn said:

Outside the stadium.

If the supporters raise £250k to build a statue of a man who won us the league title and the owners refuse to have it outside the ground there'll be a mutiny.

true. good luck getting their permission tbf though lol 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

We may well erect a statue of Joseph Merrick. Although I admit we didn't treat Claudio quite as badly.

This had only just twigged with me, and really wierd.

J.Merrick I'd the elephant man, right- born in leicester  (my club til I die). I work in Dorchester which is where his surgeon was born.

USELESS FACT!

8 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

This had only just twigged with me, and really wierd.

J.Merrick I'd the elephant man, right- born in leicester  (my club til I die). I work in Dorchester which is where his surgeon was born.

USELESS FACT!

The tiny bar in the station used to have his picture, along with various other local famous people. But then they changed it for mirrors. Shite.

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The tiny bar in the station used to have his picture, along with various other local famous people. But then they changed it for mirrors. Shite.

That is a bit shite.

Other wierdness- the inventor of the torpedo is buried in my hometown  (Crawley). My wife's grandad used to work in his factory 10 minutes walk away from where we now live in Weymouth. .. SPOOKY! 

Archived