Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
possiblygeorge

Why Pearson shouldn't happen

Back flip. One of the biggest back flips a Club has ever made, if it happens. Here's why it shouldn't happen, from the owners point perspective. 

You've just sacked the Clubs manager because of the strife of the manager's son (and other players) because of an embarrassing racist tirade that is a horrible look for the Club and being racist disrespected the owners as the holiday was a gift to the players. Betrayed.

You sack the manager, a few players, you appoint a new manager and the sun comes up the next day.

If the owners re-appoint Nigel Pearson, given the debacle that happened the whole season and post-season, it could only mean the owners want a "quick fix" have exhausted all options and have nowhere to turn to.

If they bring back someone that has disrespected the values of the Club and owners it will not only be shocking but it was also be pathetic and embarrassing.

Right now it seems as if the owners are held to ransom by the players, if all reports are indeed correct. If the players want Nigel Pearson back, it could very well happen and the owners won't have a choice and will be made to look foolish.

Stating a few weeks ago Ranieri had their full support until the end of the season and then later was sacked after a narrow loss to decent opposition but still keeping us in touch for the quarters of the CL is absolutely PATHETIC. Pearson IN could spell the end for my support of the owners.

Cue the "if it's in the best interest of the Club he should come back..." and others tripe like that.

Discuss. 

**** off then.

The players are the ones who have to do the business on the pitch. If they feel comfortable with a certain manager where is the problem?

You don't know what goes on behind the scenes and what their working day is like.

If they can't get on with Ranieri after last season then it's got to be a two way street in terms of things going wrong. THEY delivered on the pitch remember, not Claudio.

The players obviously don't give a toss about the club. They just want to get huge pay packets and havebit all their way.  How about trying on the pitch for a change. Prove the manager wrong then. But no we have a load of wanna be players who now have Premier League attitude. What babies. I am sorry. At least do it for the fans. How many times has Mahrez passed to Retardy all season? That should say it all. Princesses all of them

1 hour ago, possiblygeorge said:

You've just sacked the Clubs manager because of the strife of the manager's son (and other players) because of an embarrassing racist tirade that is a horrible look for the Club and being racist disrespected the owners as the holiday was a gift to the players. Betrayed.

I don't think you know what tirade means.

It wasn't a tirade (a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation). It certainly was racist, and disrespectful, and the players had to go, but it wasn't a tirade so let's not exaggerate too much. NP also had to defend his son, any father would, I had hoped he would have had more of a backbone and held his hands up and said that his son shouldn't have done it and the club was correct. But we don't know what happened in the discussions.

I don't want to go through the stress of two seasons ago again. Completely cut adrift and needed a miracle.

if Nigel comes back as first team coach then I believe we will stay up and then struggle again next season. 

He may may be a short term answer but we aren't going to rehire him for 13 games so it's a no from me.

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't want to go through the stress of two seasons ago again. Completely cut adrift and needed a miracle.

if Nigel comes back as first team coach then I believe we will stay up and then struggle again next season. 

He may may be a short term answer but we aren't going to rehire him for 13 games so it's a no from me.

I know we're not cut adrift, but we already need a massive upturn in fortunes to stay up- the 2 teams who look dead and buried have picked up and look head and shoulders above us. 

I think Pearson would be a long term solution rather than short term anyway- the club is a mess top to bottom, and needs to be rebuilt.

It's probably irrelevant anyway, I've heard from a friend of his that there's no chance it would ever happen again, too much ill feeling from last time he was sacked.

2 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Simple one this. Basically he is a C*NT. Do not want to see his smug, arrogant, head like a c*ck face anywhere near. Embarrassment.

Been a supporter proudly for close to 45 years till today. The idea of the players wanting that tw*t sickens me. I would literally take anyone over him. A total embarrasment

The players obviously don't give a toss about the club. They just want to get huge pay packets and havebit all their way.  How about trying on the pitch for a change. Prove the manager wrong then. But no we have a load of wanna be players who now have Premier League attitude. What babies. I am sorry. At least do it for the fans. How many times has Mahrez passed to Retardy all season? That should say it all. Princesses all of them

They been crap before the season started. They weren't even trying in the US. Was there watched the rubbish. Hull game should have told you something. Did not even come out to play then . all season has been completely half arsed.

This. All of it.

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I know we're not cut adrift, but we already need a massive upturn in fortunes to stay up- the 2 teams who look dead and buried have picked up and look head and shoulders above us. 

I think Pearson would be a long term solution rather than short term anyway- the club is a mess top to bottom, and needs to be rebuilt.

It's probably irrelevant anyway, I've heard from a friend of his that there's no chance it would ever happen again, too much ill feeling from last time he was sacked.

He should have more pride than to even consider a return - that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I don't think the club needs to be rebuilt. I think Pearson set the foundations, I believe they are still there. With Ranieri being a 'coach' and not a 'manager' I think certain areas have been underutilised (scouting, sports psychology, fitness, physio...) and a manager that is involved top to bottom, as Pearson was, would be able to quickly bring things back into line, but they would have to listen to the backroom staff and learn.

I must be in the minority. At this moment in time, I think Nigel Pearson is EXACTLY what the club needs and I'd love to see him back here. I was as vocal as anyone about some of his antics last time. That doesn't mean I think he wouldn't be ideal for our current plight. I think he would be.

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

I don't think the club needs to be rebuilt. I think Pearson set the foundations, I believe they are still there. With Ranieri being a 'coach' and not a 'manager' I think certain areas have been underutilised (scouting, sports psychology, fitness, physio...) and a manager that is involved top to bottom, as Pearson was, would be able to quickly bring things back into line, but they would have to listen to the backroom staff and learn.

I really do hope it's just a case of bringing in a few more members of staff.

What did surprise me was how uninvolved Shakespeare seemed to be on the touchline towards the end- possibly just got to the point where he knew his opinion didn't matter? 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

What did surprise me was how uninvolved Shakespeare seemed to be on the touchline towards the end- possibly just got to the point where he knew his opinion didn't matter? 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I must be in the minority. At this moment in time, I think Nigel Pearson is EXACTLY what the club needs and I'd love to see him back here. I was as vocal as anyone about some of his antics last time. That doesn't mean I think he wouldn't be ideal for our current plight. I think he would be.

Pearsonite.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

I don't think it is a case of bringing in more staff, apart from the Psychologist, I assume they are all still there.

Pearson seemed to be a details guy. Involved in everything. That's what a (micro)manager who has everything invested in the club (his passion showed in his stupidity at times) does. For me a 'coach' implies CR was less involved in the details, that's not what we need. We need a guy who owns every part of the club and worries over the tiniest details.

Been a supporter proudly for close to 45 years till today. The idea of the players wanting that tw*t sickens me. I would literally take anyone over him. A total embarrasment

Surely you can't have felt this way when he got us promoted from League 1, destroyed the Championship and kept us up in the Prem? Whatever his persona is like, he assembled most of our most successful squad ever. The value of some of players we signed under him has skyrocketed. The players must like him for a reason? I'd say fans have a good reason to like him too... 

Moreover, the terrifying level of arrogance he possesses meant that player unrest was either not present, or dealt with swiftly and effectively. You only have to look to the way he binned off Beckford and Mills to see that. 

I'm not saying that I want him back at all, I think it would be out of sentiment rather than moving the club forward. However, even though he was not saint, he undoubtedly did an absolutely fantastic job for the club. 

I can't see past NP. Yes Ranieri won the league and he wasn't as controversial but NP orchestrated the great escape, won us League One, and the Championship - some people on here have short memories. 

I know what happened in that hotel room isn't acceptable but if it wasn't for his sons involvement he'd have completely distanced himself from the whole thing and we'd have moved on nicely into last season. 

Finally, the foundations of what NP, Shakey and Walsh were built and ultimately led us on to win the PL. 

Archived