Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

This morning the world hates us .....

Right decision ?   

308 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the right call

He was loved ..... we were loved 

we were the byword for the ability to over come any odds 

doing a Leicester .... meant achieving a great deal against the odds 

But now 

doing a Leicester means "disloyalty" "back stabbing" "greed" 

the question is for our reputation and goodwill was this sacking the right move ? 

It will pass. I remember the media world kicking off when Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea last season.

Getting a decent manager in and staying up will certainly help our cause though! 

If we go down anyway, then I can see many feeling justified in their new found hate for us. Stay up, and a lot may realise a change saved us and was a smart move in the end. 

We weren't loved, you actually searched the Internet for opinion before he got sacked. 

Full of people sneering and laughing at our downfall, with most wanting us relegated to "put us in our place". Telling us we're a disgrace to the name champions.

The only ones who love us, is us... the rest don't care. They aren't going to be bothered if we go down.

Who gives a shite what opposition fans think? 

Really? They'll think what they bloody want.

The OP seems to be under some illusion that, just because we had become the media darlings, this would somehow last? It wouldn't. There were many many fans across the globe (Hell, amongst our OWN ranks) who were just looking and waiting for us to fall from grace.

It's football, its people, shit happens, get over it.

I look on this in terms of what was right for the club at this moment in time. And I think this decision was right for the club at this moment in time. Under Ranieri it did look like we were going down. He hadn't turned it round. It was clear the players weren't happy. Etc etc etc.

I don't think we've been loved recently. As soon as the season started people wanted to see Leicester fall from grace. They wanted to prove it was a one off. But when that suddenly comes to fruition and Ranieri goes, they say we have no patience and are fickle. I almost preferred it when no-one cared about Leicester. It reminds me of when the media turned last year after the West Ham game, calling us cheats, saying we had lost it without Vardy and suddenly were our best mates after the Swansea game and that they never doubted us!

Our form will pick up- it genuinely couldn't have got any worse, so it will ultimately be justified.

I genuinely don't give a toss that the people who were laughing at us and posting 'announse relugation loooool' on twitter every time we lost are now calling us a disgrace.

personally i dont really give a stuff about what other club fans think of us, they can hate us all they want; if they had to watch the shambles we have all season then they'd have wanted him gone, regards of the title last season, and most saying it wrong and all that crap were taking the piss about us appointing CR as manager anyway, clearly they want it both ways, 

the change was needed sadly, but he'll always remain a legend in all LCFC fans eyes for what he helped us achieve last season

I'm sorry but who hates us? 

Piers Morgan who is calling for Wenger to be sacked from his team? Arsenal are a club who have finished top 4 consistently for the last 15 years. They are not on or with Madrid's, Barca's, Man united's or Chelsea's of this world but yet he still wants his teams manager sacked for not competing with these teams.

Sunderland fans, a club who should've been relegated years ago, yet still believe they have a god given right to be in this league and throw tantrums at the first sign of a bad run.

Everton fans who have not competed financially or otherwise with the top 6 clubs for years but still for some reason expect to be there.

Liverpool fans who have not dominated anything since 1980's but still expect to be in a title race come May. 

I could list list every club in this and every other league who would not accept things yet are the first to point the finger. Ranieri leaving was right for our club. Let them hate.

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Yes right decision, just because it's easier to sack one than 11, or so.

I just hope the spineless players get kick out of the club in the summer, and they get what they deserve

THIS will depend entirely on who the new manager is.

We don't now need some pussy who will bow down to this lot of players. We need someone who will not give a shite if they try to cause any trouble, cos they'll be out the door...

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We weren't loved, you actually searched the Internet for opinion before he got sacked. 

Full of people sneering and laughing at our downfall, with most wanting us relegated to "put us in our place". Telling us we're a disgrace to the name champions.

The only ones who love us, is us... the rest don't care. They aren't going to be bothered if we go down.

Yes it's only the lonely housewives who don't follow football who'll be sad. As you say the rest were taking the piss.

The press can absolutely **** off. The parasites are delighted.

Took the piss out of us for hiring him, said he'd **** it up the whole way through the title campaign, have ripped us apart all this season and yet now want to get morally superior because he's gone.

Apparently, according to the media, the only honourable thing to do was relegate ourselves out of loyalty.

I loved Claudio and I'm devastated he's gone, I do feel he's been betrayed by the players. But in the context of football in 2017, anyone that doesn't sympathise on some level with our owners is an absolute cretin.

I don't see many of our fans, actual sensible season ticket holders, denying something needed to happen. We're mostly all sad to see him go but I think we all know we were getting relegated if he stayed.

Top and Vichai can change managers and maybe save the club tens of millions of pounds, they can't change the playing staff right now can they?

I don't like it but I understand it and the press acting like its completely unheard of and a new low that they can't understand makes me violently sick. Absolutely scum.

Also feel a bit relieved that he'll never have a Leicester relegation attached to his CV. We may still go down and of course there'd  have been huge influence over it, but I can live in a world where the man who won us our first league title didn't send us down himself.

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I still can't get my head around some of our fans saying he should have been given until the end of the season, even if it meant relegation.

Some fans would have let him relegate us to the conference.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

THIS will depend entirely on who the new manager is.

We don't now need some pussy who will bow down to this lot of players. We need someone who will not give a shite if they try to cause any trouble, cos they'll be out the door...

The problem was Claudio was loyal to players that let him down massively, I hope when the new man comes in, he gets the heads up about who the trouble makers are, and gets them out the side.

There are some players I wouldn't want to see in a leicester shirt again, and looking at Okazaki twitter and him loving Claudio has been sacked, I will start with him, does he not realise that he doesn't play because he cannot stand up and he's shit.

I just think these average players should have treated Claudio better, and after last season, worked their socks off for him, but the have hid.

Wrong person sacked, but right decision for the club as something had to change, and we can't sack all of the sulking pricks, who pretend they are professional footballers, their lack of effort, and lack of commitment to the manager, club and fans is anything but professional 

Archived