Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

With 'Player power' seemingly being an issue should the new manager appoint a new captain?

With 'Player Power' being an issue - Should the captaincy change hands?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. With 'Player Power' being an issue - Should the captaincy change hands?

• Yes, time for Big Wes to concentrate on his game and fighting to be in starting 11
    • No, it further add to disharmony in the dressing room at this critical time

With 'Player power' seemingly being an issue should the new manager appoint a new captain?

Personally speaking I think Wes ought to concentrate on his football again and concentrate on fighting to stay in the starting 11. Kasper seems like the natural leader of the team on the pitch. But, on the flip side, perhaps outfield captains make more sense?

You have to assume that Wes was part of, if not the ringleader of the backstabbing crew given his stature at the club. I don't see how a new manager could trust him to take the mantle on again, but if someone were to come in and strip Wes of the captaincy, will that just restart to process of the players not backing the manager?

Absolute fvcking mess. 

39 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If Wes is the ringleader I find it disgusting. Someone underperforming the way he has, showing such weak, weak captaincy, to backstab a Manager that made his name?! He needs dropping. His career as a defender is done anyway.

I've seen no evidence to suggest it was... to be fair

I doubt big Wes was involved, just imagine him leading the discussion in the secret meeting with Top..."Well errrrr ummmmmm me and the errrrrr ummm lads perhaps aint ummmmmm errrrrrr well errrrrr ummmm happy really anymore errrr and yeah ummmmmm" Just fvcking spit it out big man!!!!!

46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You have to assume that Wes was part of, if not the ringleader of the backstabbing crew given his stature at the club. I don't see how a new manager could trust him to take the mantle on again, but if someone were to come in and strip Wes of the captaincy, will that just restart to process of the players not backing the manager?

Absolute fvcking mess. 

40 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

If Wes is the ringleader I find it disgusting. Someone underperforming the way he has, showing such weak, weak captaincy, to backstab a Manager that made his name?! He needs dropping. His career as a defender is done anyway.

Why is it classed as backstabbing, if you have a manager that is genuinely failing to motivate his players, losing his way and alienating staff and players? Everyone seems to forget that the player shave been as much as a part of the success as Ranieri, infact majority of this squad won us the championship, put up a good fight to survive relegation and were obviously a part of winning the league. Not once before have they showed this negative, backstabbing attitude you allude to.

As has been said by others in other "captain" threads, all the captain does is call heads or tails and select which end he wants us to open the innings from. It's a token honour, and I'd make Shinji captain, as he spends a lot of time sitting down and thinking things over during a game.

Kasper wasn't happy with him - that interview he gave about the club need ing to look hard at itself from top to bottom spoke volumes a few weeks ago.

Kasper was also 'managing his manager at times rather than being managed by him - the spat at the officials springs to mind when CR was marshalled off the pitch by KS....'

People should rename the "player power" to "slave power". No one likes to see them talk. All they want to here from them is "yes, sir!" And "OK, sir!". They are human too. They feel happiness, saddens, joy and they can get demoralized. They have the right to voice themselves because it's their career and livelihood and they deserve to have a say in the situation.

Morgan is taking a battering on here. He's not at his best, but I think much of the reason for that lies in Huth's form. When Huth came in and played well, Morgan looked a world-beater. Huth falls away, Morgan looks ordinary. Personally, I'd replace Huth before Morgan. But given the events of the last 24 hours, I'd keep all of them!  The ball is in their court. They need to show what they can do now they have their way over the manager situation. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Morgan is taking a battering on here. He's not at his best, but I think much of the reason for that lies in Huth's form. When Huth came in and played well, Morgan looked a world-beater. Huth falls away, Morgan looks ordinary. Personally, I'd replace Huth before Morgan. But given the events of the last 24 hours, I'd keep all of them!  The ball is in their court. They need to show what they can do now they have their way over the manager situation. 

Agree with this - Huth has been absolutely shocking all season and I can re-call far more individual errors costing us from Huth than Morgan. I also think Huth looks slightly over weight and isn't moving as well this season. That being said, both starting now is probably the best option.

Archived