Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
catfordfox

Shakespeare

Suspect if Shakespeare had his nose shoved out then Paolo Benetti had his nose pushed in

(Chopped fro my previous post) 

Quote Wiki .....

He was assistant to Claudio Ranieri as coach of Juventus .(CR Sacked) September 2, 2009 follows him to Rome (CR resigned after poor run) until 20 February 2011 and 22 September 2011 to ' Inter until March 26, 2012 (CR sacked) . The two have worked together well in Monaco (CR contract not renewed)  , in the Greek National (CR sacked) and Leicester City !!!

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not sure we have the luxury of further attempts at fielding a failed experiment.  A point and a goal is the minimum return from this game.

No, I agree. I think we're probably doomed at this point. However, it is possible that the players will be motivated now that Ranieri has gone. Shakey might lay down the gauntlet to the 1st team regulars in this one before he makes changes.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No, I agree. I think we're probably doomed at this point. However, it is possible that the players will be motivated now that Ranieri has gone. Shakey might lay down the gauntlet to the 1st team regulars in this one before he makes changes.

It doesn't matter how motivated Huth and Morgan are. If they are still the central defensive pairing on Monday we are going to be letting in goals left, right and centre. Mane will run absolutely riot and rip us to shreds. The big game is against Hull so we need to give Amartey and Benalouane a chance in this game to see if they can form a good partnership.

Huth and Morgan were absolutely brilliant last season but have been shocking this year. They are petrified of having the ball and kick it away like it's a bomb or something!

I hope Shakespeare is braver and bolder with his team selection.

Guest CityFan 06

Shakespeare is my first choice for the managerial role, I said this a few weeks ago. I would let Shakespeare have it until the end of the season, and if he keeps us up, make it permanent. 

When Nigel was taking all the flak,pre great escape, was told by a good source that he felt his back room staff were not up to the job,and he was taking all the pressure with little support.Shakespear needs to take some responsibility for our current plight,as he spends more time on the training pitch than Claudio. So for me, Shaky to profit from this mess is a Big No no.

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

The Team and Formation he selects on Monday will speak volumes.   If the usual back 4 are retained, then we need someone new like on Tuesday of next week.

Not if they perform, this is a league winning back four, in the right formation as part of a functioning team they are good enough. In a mis firing dysfunctional team short on confidence then every weakness will be exposed.

8 hours ago, Shaneb said:

Surely the owners are wise and will have someone in place already.

The owners don't generally tap up other managers before sacking. They didn't with Sven or Pearson and probably haven't with Claudio. Judging by past experiences it could be a while before we find our man.

Lets hope in the meantime CS can show he has learnt a lot from the successes and mistakes of our last 2 managers and get a performance out of the boys.

The result is secondary we need a fighting performance for 90 minutes on Monday get a bit of confidence and team spirit back.

If Shakespeare can get a win against Liverpool he deserves to manage the team for the rest of the season.

Liverpool are a ****ing good team and quite capable of tearing us to shreds. They could have scored 7 or 8 in the game at Anfield.

If he's able to motivate and organise the team positively then I say give him a chance.

He has a good relationship with the players and can also draw upon how Pearson and Ranieri set their teams up.

If anyone knows how to get the best out of our players, surely it will be him?

But I have to admit, I think we're gonna get butchered, especially if it's our regular back four playing again.

Liverpool look like they're back on song again. Hope I'm wrong :)

I wonder whether other fans think that Shakespeare is getting away with no blame for our current plight? If he is meant to be the person who links in well with the players, then isn't he responsible for failing to motivate them and for their lacklustre  performances. I'm surprised that no-one asked him a question in the press conference along the lines of ' How responsible are you for the demise of the Champions, and do you feel you ought to have departed with Claudio'

12 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:

I hope you're right and he does pick players on merit.

It will also be interesting to see how he sets the team up tactically. Will the full backs be allowed to step over the half way line?

In Simpson's case I hope he doesn't step over the half way line.

The Coach is usually the buffer between the Manager and the Players. He keeps the Manager informed off who is working well etc while listening to any grievances the players have.

In Shaky's case it seems he was pushed aside eventually by CR and his man. it may well be that he's been just as disgusted with our performances.

Either way he should bring about an improvement in the performances, but bear in mind he only has the same squad of players to work with. If he has any desire to be a Manager he's not going to get a better opportunity than now.

I sincerely hope he does well - mid table finish and progress through to the quarter final of the Champions League would be good enough to give him the job on a permanent basis.

Who do you think his closest 'allies' amongst the players are, if there has been a revolt - Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Fuchs.

Archived