Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

What does this say about our values?

Listening to the coverage of Claudio’s demise it seems many fans and non-fans expected the club to show more loyalty to Claudio.   It is almost as if, in a results driven world,  we desperately want to feel that there is something more important…

Of course football is a competition based on results – and a manager will drop or even sell a player that he thinks cannot help the club.  IMO Claudio was not ruthless enough with out of form players… and because of this he has paid a price.

But what does this say about our club and the owners? – that they value their premiership survival above their  integrity.  That they value the kudos of owning a premiership club more than their relationships… or that they value the money?

I can imagine a board meeting in a bubble; where people say “the club must come first”, “no one is bigger than the club”… but maybe, just maybe,  we wanted to believe that the way you live is more important  that the scoreboard…  that the “values” of the clubs should have come first … loyalty, integrity, community...

Values are fundamentally important to a brand's reputation. Pearson lost his job because of this. The owners are no doubt aware of this, but I guess they made the call that they felt was absolutely necessary. I am very saddened by it and to see our club get so much blowback, but I understand that they have an awful lot of their own money to lose.

I said in another thread that the embarrassment of getting relegated (which is the direction we were going) is a far bigger problem for the owners than sacking Ranieri at this point in time.

The owners obviously hoping it's short-term pain for long-term gains.

It is the values of the owners that define the way the club is run.  NP was sacked because of their values, not for what he achieved with the team. 

The owners must have been faced with a terrible dilemma.  They had publicly backed Ranieri who had every right to rely on their statements.  They then appear to have concluded that we were going down with him at the helm and sacrificed some of their values for the sake of the club.  That in itself could be considered a noble gesture, the problem being that once you have sacrificed your values you may never be held in the same esteem again.

I believe that our owners have been very good for our club and hope that they will not feel that they are being personally castigated for their decision - I would hate to think that they could be convinced to part ways with the club.

The same as most other clubs, 

Did Chelsea get all this hand wringing when they sacked Mourinho the year after he won the league, no just little old LCFC who had the audacity to play above their station?

I will always love the Don for what he did last year, but let's be honest, we were sinking faster than the titanic and the lifeboats were no where to be seen.

I would not have advocated his sacking before yesterday, but now its happened and i've had time to contemplate our situation, i think it was absolutely the correct thing to do. Something had to change, there have been so many false dawns in regards to turning points and things were getting desperate. I trust the owners and their values, as they have proved they have acted for the correct reasons in the past. 

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

It's a business.

Then your not a supporter your a customer 

last night football finally succumbed to the capitalist agenda ! 

Today my season tickets look dirty and tarnished 

nothing will ever seem the same after this ! 

7 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Then your not a supporter your a customer 

last night football finally succumbed to the capitalist agenda ! 

Today my season tickets look dirty and tarnished 

nothing will ever seem the same after this ! 

Is he right though? yes. It's not like Leicester are your local shitty village club, there are many millions of £ of involved. You'd rather the club stuck with the guy, kept the players unhappy and accepted relegation?

I'm getting really frustrated with all this talk of morales and loyalty - it's fine when the shoes on the other foot. It's endemic of society these days - ppl trying convince everyone that they are such good people, absolutely Flawlessly pc etc - For once, lets look at the cold hard facts - manager losing games with no indication he can turn it round, and therefore he has been sacked. I've been brilliant in my current role but if I starting dropping the ball day in and out I'm sure my employer would soon forget my past successes - he was given a fair chance, I love him but the reality is survival is more important. 

I sympathise with the owners somewhat in this decision. Results and performances have been appalling. From that standpoint the decision can 100% be understood. It's the emotional level that this one hurts the most with.

However, in terms of our values what is worrying is that it says that the players can pull rank over the manager, which should not really be the case. They also offered Ranieri "unwavering support" just a few games ago and now sacked him. That is poor no matter how you look at it.

Ultimately though it says that the club comes first, which is probably part of the values we should be looking to keep.

19 minutes ago, Goober said:

Is he right though? yes. It's not like Leicester are your local shitty village club, there are many millions of £ of involved. You'd rather the club stuck with the guy, kept the players unhappy and accepted relegation?

I said last year in January 

"Win the premier league and I wound happily accept relegation and a few years in championship"

not one person challenged that .... not one 

I dare say 90% would have said the same last January 

it will never be a business to me and I will never be a customer no matter how much they try push that agenda 

15 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

lol of course 

There is a lot gone on behind the scenes that we will likely never ever find out due to confidentialty agreements etc 

any other owners probably wouldn't have given Claudio this long 

We move on just as we have always done after a manger leaves. Let's hope the next appointment reaps as big rewards as the last two have 

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I sympathise with the owners somewhat in this decision. Results and performances have been appalling. From that standpoint the decision can 100% be understood. It's the emotional level that this one hurts the most with.

However, in terms of our values what is worrying is that it says that the players can pull rank over the manager, which should not really be the case. They also offered Ranieri "unwavering support" just a few games ago and now sacked him. That is poor no matter how you look at it.

Ultimately though it says that the club comes first, which is probably part of the values we should be looking to keep.

The clubs points... or values 

44 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Values are fundamentally important to a brand's reputation. Pearson lost his job because of this. The owners are no doubt aware of this, but I guess they made the call that they felt was absolutely necessary. I am very saddened by it and to see our club get so much blowback, but I understand that they have an awful lot of their own money to lose.

So money wasmore important? 

Archived