Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Rudkin 'Central to Managerial Recruitment Process'

He's been DoF since December 2014, in that time I'd say Kante has been the only excellent signing, a few have been decent or had a promising start but mostly they've been poor signings. Not to mention the number of targets what we've missed out on which is probably the reason the signings have been poor.

If I was duty free billionaire that owned Leicester City I'd be throwing a few million a year in Les Reed's direction, I'm not sure if he'd come here but potentially somebody like that can save and earn a club a few hundred million pounds.

1 minute ago, fleshdaddy said:

But wouldn't this mean he was also influential in bringing Ranieri to the club? The guy gets so much stick, some warranted yes, but a lot that isn't.

Ranieri's representatives contacted Leicester to make his interest known. We were very keen on O'Neill, Hiddink and after both ruled themselves out it was Neil Lennon who was interviewed. Thankfully The Don made his interest known and was then swiftly recruited.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Ranieri's representatives contacted Leicester to make his interest known. We were very keen on O'Neill, Hiddink and after both ruled themselves out it was Neil Lennon who was interviewed. Thankfully The Don made his interest known and was then swiftly recruited.

Cheers for that, wasn't aware.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Isn't it normal for the director of football to be involved in the appointment of the manager?

Also involved or responsible for £13m Mendy £16m Musa and £30m sicknote I should imagine this is predominantly why there is concern

3 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Also involved or responsible for £13m Mendy £16m Musa and £30m sicknote I should imagine this is predominantly why there is concern

We have computer analysts to pick out target players. I can't remember anyone complaining when we signed these players, but you're right, the fact that Slimani has an injury is all down to Rudkin

45 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He's been DoF since December 2014, in that time I'd say Kante has been the only excellent signing, a few have been decent or had a promising start but mostly they've been poor signings. Not to mention the number of targets what we've missed out on which is probably the reason the signings have been poor.

If I was duty free billionaire that owned Leicester City I'd be throwing a few million a year in Les Reed's direction, I'm not sure if he'd come here but potentially somebody like that can save and earn a club a few hundred million pounds.

There was lots of talk in the summer about us going after Paul Mitchell, in fact at one point it seemed a done deal but it never seemed to materialise.

Worked with Pochettino at Southampton and he rated him so much, took him to Spurs.

20 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We have computer analysts to pick out target players. I can't remember anyone complaining when we signed these players, but you're right, the fact that Slimani has an injury is all down to Rudkin

Ha Ha I suggest we contact Sunderland, Swansea and Hull and thank them for their analysis services but they are no longer required.

This is a joke by the way Webbo you don't have to be so surly.

39 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There was lots of talk in the summer about us going after Paul Mitchell, in fact at one point it seemed a done deal but it never seemed to materialise.

Worked with Pochettino at Southampton and he rated him so much, took him to Spurs.

I missed that, was he supposed to come here as a DoF or head of recruitment do you know?

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I missed that, was he supposed to come here as a DoF or head of recruitment do you know?

Direct Walsh replacement mate. He's currently serving a 16 month notice whilst Spurs assess their options.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-head-recruitment-paul-mitchell-8596557

54 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Speaking of which, Macia must still be with us as he wasn't mentioned in the club statement?

Archived