Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Rudkin 'Central to Managerial Recruitment Process'

No one has answered the question. I thought there were people 'in the know' on FT, or did I get it wrong and the forum is full of idle speculators?

Why is Rudkin untouchable? How does he stay on through all these managerial ups and downs? What's his secret?

Cmon people, post something interesting...

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No one has answered the question. I thought there were people 'in the know' on FT, or did I get it wrong and the forum is full of idle speculators?

Why is Rudkin untouchable? How does he stay on through all these managerial ups and downs? What's his secret?

Cmon people, post something interesting...

You talk about idle speculation but you seem to be assuming that Rudkin is to blame on just that. 

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You talk about idle speculation but you seem to be assuming that Rudkin is to blame on just that. 

Of course there's idle speculation on here. It's full of it.

I just want to know a. Why people dislike Rudkin so much?

b. Why he is getting the blame at least in part, for all this

c. How he does seem to stay so popular with the management 

Just some decent, informed comment....

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

b)He's a convenient scapegoat.

c) Is he popular? Why shouldn't he be?

I'm glad John Percy has put something in his article about Rudkin and got something out in the open about him

The role of Jon Rudkin, the director of football and close to the Srivaddhanaprabha family, is under the microscope and the question has to be asked whether he has fulfilled his remit properly.

Recruitment over the summer was abysmal, while the policy over new contracts bred resentment in the dressing room with the players not rewarded. The decision to present players with BMW’s also went down badly with long-serving members of staff who felt their roles had been ignored.

He should just stick with the academy side of the club.

Need an experienced and reliable person for the DoF role - it's an important role for the management of recruitment and hence not really for someone to get promoted to just because he's (or was) well thought of at the club due to being at Leicester longer than anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He should just stick with the academy side of the club.

Need an experienced and reliable person for the DoF role - it's an important role for the management of recruitment and hence not really for someone to get promoted to just because he's (or was) well thought of at the club due to being at Leicester longer than anyone else.

Why?

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

From what I can gain Col (mostly from here), I think the resentment from a lot of people stems from the fact that he was seen by many to have been promoted way beyond his capabilities when he went from director of the academy to director of football. It seemed like a disproportionately big promotion at the time and his track record since being given the job (whilst not being as bad as some make out) hasn't been that impressive which I suppose only adds fuel to the fire of those who feel he's incapable of doing what is a critical job for us. A lot of people seem to think he's a bit of a twat too but I'm not sure how true that is.

As for why the owners rate him, I don't know but at the end of the day their perception of him is far more informed than ours'.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why?

What can he offer for that position from his previous positions within the club? It now appears the role was rather entirely unsuitable and tarnishes his reputation at the club sadly.

51 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

From what I can gain Col (mostly from here), I think the resentment from a lot of people stems from the fact that he was seen by many to have been promoted way beyond his capabilities when he went from director of the academy to director of football. It seemed like a disproportionately big promotion at the time and his track record since being given the job (whilst not being as bad as some make out) hasn't been that impressive which I suppose only adds fuel to the fire of those who feel he's incapable of doing what is a critical job for us. A lot of people seem to think he's a bit of a twat too but I'm not sure how true that is.

As for why the owners rate him, I don't know but at the end of the day their perception of him is far more informed than ours'.

Cheers mate.

Archived