Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Press conference

Leicester City interim manager Craig Shakespeare speaking of the sacking of Claudio Ranieri:

"It's very sad. We all know these things happen in football but everyone at the club will have to remember him and have the utmost respect for what has achieved. 

"We know people lose jobs for results and that's what seems to have happened here. 

"We have to respect the owners decision. We haven't been good enough this season.

"A lot of the talk of unrest within the dressing room has been speculationship. My relationship with Claudio has been fine all along. I spoke to him last night and he thanked me for my support throughout" 

Shakespeare recounts the moment he was asked to take up the managerial reins from the sacked Claudio Ranieri:

"We flew back from Seville. There were problems with landing in the storm. I arrived home and the director of football told me what was happening and asked me to be caretaker for the next game," he told a news conference.

"Whether I think this is the right decision is irrelevant. We know results have not been good enough.

"There's a lot speculation with no foundation about my relationship with Claudio. It has been perfectly fine. I spoke to him on the phone he thanked me for the support. It was not brief and we exchanged views. A lot of what we said will stay private.

"I always feel sory when people lose their jobs. I'm not aware of the club having spoken to any candidates.

"Do I think i can do job? Yes. Does it phase me ? No.

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Leicester City interim manager Craig Shakespeare speaking of the sacking of Claudio Ranieri:

"It's very sad. We all know these things happen in football but everyone at the club will have to remember him and have the utmost respect for what has achieved. 

"We know people lose jobs for results and that's what seems to have happened here. 

"We have to respect the owners decision. We haven't been good enough this season.

"A lot of the talk of unrest within the dressing room has been speculationship. My relationship with Claudio has been fine all along. I spoke to him last night and he thanked me for my support throughout" 

hmmmmm

Shakespeare's team selection on Monday will tell us just how much he was in agreement with Ranieri's decisions.

Same line up but different performance we know it was a motivation issue. Different line up and different performance we know there were tactical differences. Different line up and same performance we know we're ****ed!

Archived