Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

Players wanted a pressing game but Claudio said no

I'm not defended the players but according to this article and others flying about ,players unhappy with formation changes ,shakey had hardly any input and most of all the players wanted to play a high pressure game like last season which won us the title but Claudio said no as he was concerned Wes and huth didn't have the legs so that's why we stopped the 100mph football.

If it was me I would have just changed Wes and huth at Xmas for two younger cbs 

I'm outright defending the players. If the news is true and the players told the owners then i am on their side. They have the most to lose, Claudio will get a compensation and go retire somewhere while the players's rep and career can be damaged. I would've done they same thing if I was them.

Just now, the fox said:

I'm outright defending the players. If the news is true and t players told the owners then i am on their side. They have the most to lose, Claudio will be will get a compensation and go retire somewhere while the players's rep and career can be damaged. I would've done they same thing if I was them.

Not really the fans do. A lot of the managers interviewed today have spoken of their shock that players have had such an influence over the matter. If I was in their shoes I'd be worried that this sets a trend.

They have damaged their reputations. They'll no doubt come out guns blazing in the next few home games, and it'll be obvious to all that it was them that were driving with the handbrake on in 2nd gear.

9 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

I agree with the poster above - CR should have replaced the elderly centre backs with players who could run, pass the ball and play further up the pitch.

Fortunately we have a load of them in reserve

*looks at bench*

Oh.

7 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Not really the fans do. A lot of the managers interviewed today have spoken of their shock that players have had such an influence over the matter. If I was in their shoes I'd be worried that this sets a trend.

Completely ignoring what happened at both Chelsea, Newcastle and actually, Man U last year?

Pressing game? Ha! From what I've seen of their fitness this year most of them would struggle to press a flower.

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

They have damaged their reputations. They'll no doubt come out guns blazing in the next few home games, and it'll be obvious to all that it was them that were driving with the handbrake on in 2nd gear.

Not really,the really good ones will be wanted because they did what they did to try and fix the performance team and themselves so, they can always hide behind the " I wanted what's best for the team"

players always had that kind of power, the thing that they are worried about is the names. For example, if mahrez,vardy or even Kasper were the ones to go to the owners then the other teams's fans and coaches won't really mind that much because they are big names and 2 of them or getting hurt massively. But, if those are average playerss then ty should worry a little.

15 minutes ago, the fox said:

I'm outright defending the players. If the news is true and the players told the owners then i am on their side. They have the most to lose, Claudio will get a compensation and go retire somewhere while the players's rep and career can be damaged. I would've done they same thing if I was them.

Where the **** were these players before CR came along?

He was the reason they got a car and some of them got fat juicy contracts.

They were a bunch of rejects who he moulded into a league winning team. He was the one that turned them into stars.

They have obviously got too big for their boots and when the results started to dip who do they blame? The manager.

Sure, Ranieri has made some mistakes this season.

But the players this year have been ****ing shite.

He deserved better.

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

100% correct mate. I am fully behind the players i don't think they have done anything wrong

If true, it will be really interesting to see how we play on Monday.

I've said many times I think we were wrong to abandon the pressing game in Jan last year. Second half of the Sevilla game we pressed more, Drinky got up like he did early last season and we scored.

The players had better step up now.

2 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

They were a bunch of rejects who he moulded into a league winning team. He was the one that turned them into stars.

They have obviously got too big for their boots and when the results started to dip who do they blame? The manager.

He deserved better.

1- everyone is a no one before they become someone. And he was champion-less before them so yeah, don't act like he gave them legs or cured cancer.

2- Claudio did nothing wrong, right? If you want I can name at least 3 big mistakes that directly effected the team.

3- yeah, blame the players. I like Claudio but his sacking was late.

7 minutes ago, Kaewbudda said:

Where the **** were these players before CR came along?

But the players this year have been ****ing shite.

He deserved better.

I love the Don but I think you are wrong mate ...     he polished a diamond but at the end of the day it was still a diamond that he inherited.

We need to consider the importance of this story. If the players have been specifically told to abandon the pressing game and sit back, then all this critisicm that is being levelled at them e.g. "the effort levels aren't the same as last season", "they aren't playing at the same intensity" are as much the managers fault because of how they have been set up. So visibly the fans are blaming the players and the analysts can back up our running/tackling/interceptions stats being down on last season - but ultimately they are under instructions from Claudio. 

I really am 100% behind the players, i think they have done the ight thing speaking up, and i really dont think they have purposely downed tools. But due to the poor management over the season they have lost so much confidence and morale that its turned into a desperate farce that was never going to turn around without something giving, and thank god it finally has! 

sick of the players getting all the stick and CR (who i love by the way) being seen as a saint who can do no wrong! he's a legend but hes as much to blame as anybody from top to bottom!! 

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

1- everyone is a no one before they become someone. And he was champion-less before them so yeah, don't act like he gave them legs or cured cancer.

2- Claudio did nothing wrong, right? If you want I can name at least 3 big mistakes that directly effected the team.

3- yeah, blame the players. I like Claudio but his sacking was late.

So let's suppose you're right and it was all his fault. With new leadership, the players will play better and the results should improve, right?

I really hope that is what is going to happen.

But what I think WILL happen is that we'll see a group of mediocre players run out of excuses and carry on their slide down the table.

I really hope I am wrong but I fear the worst.

Archived