Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richieboy

A thought on Ranieri's reign

Just a thought and not necessarily my view,but does anyone think we would have won the title last season if Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare had been in charge and not Ranieri. I got the impression that  on occasions he was just a figurehead and that those two were the brains behind our success, and he got all the credit,but I may be wrong. They had been with the players prior to his appointment, which was very controversial at the time and many fans didn't want him, so it may have been those two who got the togetherness of the players. I am posting this only as a point of view which I'm sure lots of fans would not accept

I think Ranieri adjusted the tactics perfectly last season, something which I know Pearson wouldn't have done, but can't speak for CS and CW.

He also kept everyone upbeat when there were low moments, which he is the master at due to his demeanour.

He was the perfect ying to the the previous regimes yang. For a season when the two overlapped it was perfection.

5 minutes ago, richieboy said:

Just a thought and not necessarily my view,but does anyone think we would have won the title last season if Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare had been in charge and not Ranieri. I got the impression that  on occasions he was just a figurehead and that those two were the brains behind our success, and he got all the credit,but I may be wrong. They had been with the players prior to his appointment, which was very controversial at the time and many fans didn't want him, so it may have been those two who got the togetherness of the players. I am posting this only as a point of view which I'm sure lots of fans would not accept

Please don't try and re-write history. Poor form.

I'd be very interested to know the definitive answer to this question. There's clearly a school of thought that (some) players think CR came in on the back of a spike in form and that 2015/2016 would have happened regardless. That's the sort of hypothetical that nobody can really answer, but is serious if the players think that - it suggests they've been believing their own hype rather than grafting 

I think Pearson laid a foundation of hard work, spirit and fighting for every ball and a real battle mentality, as well as a foundation of sport science with player's being some of the fittest in the league.

Claudio didn't change any of that, and instead let that part keep running but also added his obsesson with tactics and game management.

The two blended perfectly together and we achieved the impossible!

I think a year on (maybe less) from Pearson's sacking, his methods and ability to instill confidence and fight in the players.. began to wear off, and although we still had a very pragmatic and tactically focussed manager, we lost our competitive edge and raw ability and fight that Pearson instilled in them. Add to this a drop off in fitness and the strict regime Pearson ran in terms of professionalism, and you could see the wheels were going to come off in spectactular fashion..

Whereas, I think Claudio's reluctance to change things and stand off-ish approach worked perfectly in the first 9-10 months, his biggest mistake was continuing in this vain, and perhaps why we have all noticed a very distant figure. There is no doubt that we would have not won the Premier league without his input, but I don't think anyone can argue that Pearson laid the foundation and as we got further from his sacking, that foundation crumbled big time.

Hope is now, we get someone who will take us back to the basics and just get us fighting for every ball again and playing with some belief. 

Whether being honest, or his usual casual modest self, during one interview (possibly SPOTY), CR said something to the effect that he had to do very little - the players won it. No doubt he tightened the defence, but the formation, team sheet, and indeed the results hardly changed once Schlupp and De Laet were replaced by Fuchs and Simpson. 

Another thread on here today suggested that CS had little input. If this WAS a case of players wanting to play one way and the manager another, it is odd that the assistant manager would not be involved to some extent. Was CR just a despotic dictator that would not listen to anyone? If so, it is not surprising that he has departed, but did he ever come across like that? On the other hand, if CS is reluctant, or too timid, to have any input, this could go horribly wrong.

37 minutes ago, richieboy said:

Erm No!!

I am pretty sure that when we win the champions league in 2037 it will still be pearsons team. Or the groundsman. Or the f**** assistant of the u18 team. But giving the current manager some cred? **** that... He just inherited someone elses team! I wonder why Derby did automatically got promoted to the PL after 2 games under pearson. They did afterall not only appoint a faultless manager but a god aswell....

52 minutes ago, Argarath said:

I am pretty sure that when we win the champions league in 2037 it will still be pearsons team. Or the groundsman. Or the f**** assistant of the u18 team. But giving the current manager some cred? **** that... He just inherited someone elses team! I wonder why Derby did automatically got promoted to the PL after 2 games under pearson. They did afterall not only appoint a faultless manager but a god aswell....

Ridiculous. Are you seriously trying to argue that it wasn't Pearson's team? Schmeichel is the only one he didn't sign, and he was kept on by NP for his whole 2nd stint here. Didn't CR have to be convinced to get Kante in?

Ooooh But since Nugent scored most of the goals in the promotion season I guess Sven should get the credit for that right?

Pearson gets all the credit for promoting to the Pl and possibly the great escape.

Claudio gets credit for winning the PL wit a 5000 to 1 team

End of story

20 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Ridiculous. Are you seriously trying to argue that it wasn't Pearson's team? Schmeichel is the only one he didn't sign, and he was kept on by NP for his whole 2nd stint here. Didn't CR have to be convinced to get Kante in?

edited ur sig

Untitled-2.jpg

Ranieri turned us from a team outscoring the opponent while conceding loads to a more solid unit nicking goals to win games. Very harsh to say it wasn't Ranieris tactics that won the league.

We went from this kind of result

20565f02a8b632e5cc9f5709aa775a33.png

To this kind of result.

ac152e3b9ce3edf89501ec1d13cebcdd.png

Deserves massive credit for his 'Italian tactics' if you ask me.

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think Pearson laid a foundation of hard work, spirit and fighting for every ball and a real battle mentality, as well as a foundation of sport science with player's being some of the fittest in the league.

Claudio didn't change any of that, and instead let that part keep running but also added his obsesson with tactics and game management.

The two blended perfectly together and we achieved the impossible!

I think a year on (maybe less) from Pearson's sacking, his methods and ability to instill confidence and fight in the players.. began to wear off, and although we still had a very pragmatic and tactically focussed manager, we lost our competitive edge and raw ability and fight that Pearson instilled in them. Add to this a drop off in fitness and the strict regime Pearson ran in terms of professionalism, and you could see the wheels were going to come off in spectactular fashion..

Whereas, I think Claudio's reluctance to change things and stand off-ish approach worked perfectly in the first 9-10 months, his biggest mistake was continuing in this vain, and perhaps why we have all noticed a very distant figure. There is no doubt that we would have not won the Premier league without his input, but I don't think anyone can argue that Pearson laid the foundation and as we got further from his sacking, that foundation crumbled big time.

Hope is now, we get someone who will take us back to the basics and just get us fighting for every ball again and playing with some belief. 

No.... i cant work it out. Give me a clue?

Archived